new Past Expansion Collector's Edition Bundle in the Marketplace this month

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Is this collector edition bundle going to be Underfoot cause it sure sounds like it?

Is there a link to the VOA pack cause I am not seeing it?
  2. Raccoo Augur

3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I was right. Where's my cookie?
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Would some Gnome shaped cookies be ok? not impressed with the collector's bundle.

Andarriel
  5. smash Augur

Those items should be heirloom.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Hekaton Augur

You also said it could be underfoot so even though you were 100% correct you get a 10% deduction and you only get animal crackers with the heads missing.

That’s the way the cookie crumbles :p
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

Aww, man, animal crackers without the heads? That's just mean.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's been a couple of years since I made a new account, but every account I've ever made (including my original account when I came back a few years ago) had the Taelosian staff, the Sceptre of Draconic Calling, and the Mark of Brell as claim items for free. Do new accounts not get those anymore? If they do, why include them in this bundle?
  9. KrakenReality Augur

Make those Epic 2.0 keychains from Omens of War individually for sale and I’ll gladly drop $49.99/each for some.
  10. Sindace Elder

New accts don't get those, but I certainly got most of those for free without ever buying a collector's edition. Decent buildup for quite the snoozefest. Two mounts, 2 clicky ports and quite a bit of garbage.
    Accipiter and Niskin like this.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  12. Hekaton Augur

Man all these items used to be free when you bought the expansion or preordered Now it’s priced at the price higher than a PS5 game and these items were already created so there’s absolutely nothing new. I don’t see the value here at all

It’s like you can spend a year working on an expansion and can get it for $30 if you so choose. Take a bunch of clickies and throw them in a bundle $80. Makes no sense man
  13. Raptorjesus5 Augur

If they were heirloom, or 999 claims, I miiiiiight consider it. But as it stands now it's an even worse deal than the Alaris edition. For 80 dollars, a bunch of useless items and a 2 or 3 moderately useful. At least throw in a couple big bags or potions or something.
    Sindace and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

While it would have been nice to have a few more goodies in the pack, we should at least be grateful they're offering these older items for purchase even if the cost is sort of high. It really is in player interest that DP finds additional sources of revenue to keep the game going.

I appreciate them offering this pack and hope to see more on a more frequent, and regular, basis!
    Sindace and Benito like this.
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I'd appreciate it a lot more if it was reasonably priced. I would imagine 75% or more of the active player base is unlikely to spend $80 on this stuff. Limited options and high pricing for those options is not how to generate easy revenue.

It's better to sell 1000 items at $5 than it is to sell 10 at $80.
    Sindace likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In fairness, it is 8000 DBC not $80. You can use the Darkpaw Cash you've accumulated via the monthly membership grant (500 DBC per month).

If anything, the high price of the bundle reinforces the idea that you shouldn't wait to pay the prices for current Collector or Premium Editions. They have to price it where it prevents or limits the moral hazard (i.e. they will make no sales in the present because players will always wait for the predicted discount).
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

An economist would argue that it's still $80. You could have used the SC for something better. My SC has never gone above 6,000. I tend to get the exp potions when I claim my monthly SC.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's an opportunity cost, sure. But the 500 DBC is included with your membership (either paid or redeemed from Krono). Smedley wanted to do away with the monthly cash grant like 7 years ago. So, in fairness, the monthly grant is like a bonus that shouldn't exist (speaking in terms of potentiality).
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Free store credit always nets more than it costs on digital platforms. It would’ve been short-sighted to remove it.

Edit: Forgot to add that the information obtained via monthly store interactions is invaluable to assessing your customer spending behaviors. There’s some really strong and advanced analytic tools that can determine so much about your customers.

Technically the cheapest route is $75+tax. However, the most efficient is the $85 package.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think Smedley was making the argument that SOE (at the time) had to pay Player Studio artists themselves when folks used the free 500 DBC. In other words, they absorbed costs (whatever a Player Studio artist gets paid per transaction) of any player-made item bought by the monthly DBC. I believe he wanted to remove the DBC monthly grant but - if that failed - to increase subscription costs.