June 16 Mischief & Thornblade Random Loot Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Erronn, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Erronn New Member

Some changes today to the randomized loot on the newest TLPs:

-Made the following changes to randomized loot tables on Mischief & Thornblade in Classic:
    --Moved spite golems to the same loot table as trash in Plane of Hate and Plane of Fear.
    --Moved the Plane of Hate and Plane of Fear mini bosses to their own loot table.
    --Removed the Plane of Sky azaracks from being randomized.
  2. Grinde Journeyman

Seems to make sense.

Though I wasn't aware Spite Golems weren't on the original loot table...

And the wording in the second one seems advantageous: Moved the Plane of Hate and Plane of Fear mini bosses to their own loot table. Which sounds to me like they are sharing a single table. But it could also mean they are totally separated.
  3. Erronn New Member

Just from the way they wrote it "their own loot TABLE" - singular, I would assume it's a shared table.
    wade_watts likes this.
  4. Polekn Augur

Does it mean all PoHate and PoFear trash shares the same loot table, and loot is randomized?
  5. Ythera Augur

Loot is very much randomized with plane of Hate trash dropping items that normally drop from plane of Fear and I assume, vice versa. This makes it sound like all the minis from Hate and Fear have had all their loot thrown into one table, which I approve of.
  6. Cainen Augur

This has already been this way. All hate and fear trash shared a common loot table, so much so that my group farmed almost exclusively in hate to get a full set of pally, sk, war, and monk gear off random mobs.

I assume this change means that the minis in hate and fear specifically are now a single shared loot table, so elemental master staves can drop from golums and golum loot can drop from hate minis. Which seams like a good change.
  7. Kylo Classic Augur

Random loot rules for random loot. I like it. Every patch something else is changed in the way the loot tables work.
  8. wade_watts Augur

Spite golems weren't in the random loot, now they are.

More importantly, It reads like hate and fear mini's share a random loot table now which is great.
  9. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

To me it just reads like they're announcing all the changes they made 3 weeks ago, but we can always hope they did something good and randomized the mini loot and the shaman loot finally.
  10. brickz Augur

I hope they had the foresight to add the iksar shd/shm gear to the tables so we can start gearing up the lizards next week
  11. Sebbun Augur

They specifically removed this when they removed Beastlord and Berserker gear from the drops last year.
  12. Grinde Journeyman

I think the point was that Iksars go live next week so they wanted to gear up ahead of time. Which I don't think is going to be in the cards and they'll have to wait for iksars to be live to gear them.
  13. brickz Augur

They aren't gone forever. They should be dropping starting next wednesday.
    *they being the iksar gear, the bst/ber gear should drop in the appropriate expansions but nobody cares by then
  14. Stymie Pendragon

So is all the random loot only for these new TLP servers?

The reason I ask is that they have stated numerous times in the past that they wouldn't support multiple databases. If that has changed, it will open up a lot of possibilities in the future which is really good news.
  15. Captain Video Augur

Yes.

There was a big database structural revamp last year, largely for performance reasons. There is still only one database, but as I understand it, the new format allows it to include separate versions of loot tables per server, which is what makes this random loot thing possible. I do not see any loot randomization happening on Live servers, there would be a major outcry.[/quote]