Hate mini bosses on mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DruidStorm69, Jun 9, 2021.

1. AoEBox Elder

Well now we know who doesn't know how to read :)
    Exploit gameplay mechanics and it was in regards to a Raid NPC being chain mezzed and nuked down to 0% while taking 0 dmg from the NPC.. 100% unintended gameplay mechanic which would be considered an exploit by many.

Out of all the TLPs and MoTM mobs , I believe only 2 are currently mezzable and those are Phinigel and Rathe Councilmen. May be others but these are the ones that come to mind.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Hard to say what is and is not intended. We assume since half the Rathe Council are mezzable and half aren't that they intended for us to park half of them at low hp, doesn't mean they didn't actually intend for a large number of tanks to tank every single one. Or AE stuns, there are raid events that utilize stun locks, was this intended? I guess we don't know the default state when the devs click their "Add New Raid Mob" button when designing raids, do they default to mezzable and require manual intervention to flag them unmezzable? If so maybe Phinny got missed. Or, maybe he was intentionally flagged as mezzable. We can't really know.
  3. bardybard Augur

YOU Are spITTiNG in thE fACe of alL THe PlAyERs who dIDN'T eXPloIT!!!!!
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Most things that players discover were unintended, not all are judged to be a problem.

Can you use this tactic on literally any mob in the game that is mezzable? Yes.
    Would I expect to be suspended for doing so? No.
    Should Phinny be treated differently? No.

Kiting was originally a total surprise to the developers of this game, it has never been judged an exploit, but it has been tuned and adjusted when it gets out of control. Your inability to understand what an exploit actually is, is the real problem here.
  5. Cainen Augur

Every tlp has had some kinda of bug or exploit early on that was quickly fixed. Mischiefs was dragon loot dropping off mobs it shouldnt. One server had a bug where players could get MILLIONS of plat week 1. Others had out of era spells available for a few days. Still others had defiant gear claimable in luclin. new tech = new bugs.

In each case, the server didn't die, the economy didn't explode, the game went on and a few very hardcore people got a very minor advantage. This one feels like one of the most minor issues on all the TLPs to me. Whats the end result of it..... a few people got a few extra dragons loots.... sooooo more dragon loot exists on the server.......so that means you should have more access to it.....

While its unfortunate the bug existed, to expect a new experimental tech to work perfectly, or to ask the devs to leave a bug in after its been discovered so "everyone can benefit" or to ask them to do item tracking across hundreds of accounts, is a bit much.

Acknowledge a bug existed, acknowledge that a super small set of people benefited, and move on with your game.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. TheGoblin Elder

You didn't have to poopsock for a week. There was a 50% exp buff and you had to play like 40 hours over 7 days, with 3 of those being a weekend/holiday. You are playing EQ. Time spent in game rewards you more than people who spend less time.
  7. Vetis Elder

Mmm.. Trying to approach this tactfully..

Since when is anything in classic considered "light years" ahead of any other gear? Classic gear is all trash.

Racking my brain for something worth while in classic.... Guise of the Deceiver (spoiler, not raid loot) so we can't count that... Ranger haste clicky cape from sky..? Again, this doesn't just drop off mobs its quested so... hmmm....

Help me out guys, what's worth while in classic in terms of gear that out shines Kunark or Velious stuff we're about to see? I'm drawing a blank.

And using Mez Nuke as a tactic to kill Phinigel, since when is this an exploit? Seems like a solid strategy to me. Use to use this exact tactic on players to PK them on Rallos Zek. I didn't even hear about this being used on Phini, not even mad. Bravo.
  8. TheGoblin Elder

Faceless didn't split it seems. They just zerged it down over and over maybe killing golems 15-20 times. And almost none of this loot is actually in the guild it seems as most of thier dragon/god loot goes right to the tunnel.
  9. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

So what your saying is I can purchase an sk weapon?
  10. TheGoblin Elder

Soul Leech or Blade of Aborgation? Both are almost all in tunnel from what I've seen and heard. According to their sheets, the last Soul Leech just sold for 32000 plat (9.5 krono). Blades of Aborgation went for 6000 plat in their auction.

Make sure you don't overpay in EC Tunnel based on those sold prices!
  11. Xerzist Augur

If it makes you feel better - the same thing is occurring in fear. Conveniently after it was farmed into the ground lol
  12. Canemanjones New Member

Imagine complaining about gear that was gotten where maybe one person got an extra piece of gear from this "exploit" in each high end guild between Mischief/Thornblade. The real crime is that it takes less than half a dozen Krono on either server to gear out a character to t*ts and if you haven't been able to self farm or find a way to get that since the server launch I am not sure what to tell ya. Any other previous TLP at this juncture getting to ~3200mana with int camp would cost you probably 3-5x more so you should actually count your blessing this server is so cheap so "casuals" can farm up items no problem.
  13. Argu Lorekeeper

If this was something they feel should have been nerfed it should have been 3 weeks ago not now. All they did was allow the 5 boxers and players who speed level an unfair advantage over everyone else. I mean Kunark is coming out in a few days anyways. They left it alone this long, why change it now?
  14. Cainen Augur

Because it required a patch and wasn't critical enough for an emergency one?
  15. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I’m on thornblade. Not much atm on ectunnel I’m eyeing a mask of dec though.
  16. nagash101 Augur

They were in Hate/Fear Friday or perhaps Saturday, 3 to 4 days after the server came up, not 7 days. They also reaped the rewards of the incorrect loot on the minis and golems. That is what I was talking about those peeps that put in 60-80 hours or playing with pots and holiday exp hitting max level in 3 to 4 days. Those of us that didn't grind fast enough never received the 100s of raid dropped items that the hardcore raid guilds looted before the rest of the server make it to Hate/Fear. Now that loot has been set back to normal loot rules like all the other servers so the poopsockers win again and DBGs rewarded them just like they always have. Us casuals get stuck with the same old raid loot we are used to off of the minis and golems. I leveled very fast or as fast as I could have with a family and life It still took me almost a full week to hit 50 and run a raid in Hate/Fear. By that time the minis/golems has been reset to crappy normal loot, not randomized at all.
  17. Canemanjones New Member

I think the joke is on you friend, most of this loot that you complain high end guilds got the first few days is selling for a couple Krono now in the tunnel. I legit bought a Gnome Inny Ring for 2kr, I see Leather Foot Sandals for the same price as well as other desired dragon loot items. Sure, if you didn't have a static group of friends to get you from 1 to 50 by the end of the first weekend you are a little behind the curve but just from passive leveling from 1 to 50 by the end of exp bonus you SHOULD have each had a couple Krono and from passive farming you should have another few Krono between then and now. If you can't itemize a character from just the small handful of Krono to a more than acceptable level then the problem is YOU my friend, not these "high end guilds" you are scoffing at.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

$35 for a ring in Classic? SMH

To each his own, I guess.
  19. nagash101 Augur

The Hate minis at least are randomized again and dropping fun lootz, at least the ones we killed.
    Niskin likes this.
  20. Cainen Augur

Fear Golums also randomized, so good changes overall.