Stone of Marking and Guidestone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darkerknight, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

Can these two items please be made stackable to 1,000 (or even 100)?

The are both items that are either used in, or the outcome of, a tradeskill (Spell Research). Trying to skill up Research with only 50 or so of the Stone of Marking's at a time is silly and requires a lot of unnecessary trips to NK or ETWK.

This would be a QOL improvement.

Thanks
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It is intentional. They didn't want druids/wizards with stacks of these because then they could change their secondary and tertiary bind points too much...I'm only partially joking.

If it stacked, might as well just gift everyone 300 research.

Can you not just sit at the vendor with a research container on you and blow through these if you want to level? Am I missing something?
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

The Stone of Marking costs around 104plat. I suppose if you had an abundance of plat you don't mind burning through and wanted to use a craftsman potion...and had a few stacks of ethernere essence, it could be a way to 300. The trick is getting that first succesful combine so you learn the recipe. Then you'd have to dispose of the resulting guidestones.

Doable, but not really efficient I would think.
  4. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

104pp per Stone of Marking is not really that expensive when you compare it to other items used to get up to 243, like Star Ruby's and Platinum Bars.

Yeah, I can sit there and do it. I typically setup in the GGH or PoK because of the Research Table and having one less container I have to carry.

It's not a BIG deal, it's more of an annoyance/inconsistency. Just don't see a valid reason to not have them be stackable.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Wizards can set secondary bind without a stone of marking(we have the clicky effect as an AA) iirc, but we need a guidestone to set tertiary bind.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Same for druids.

I'd love to see these stack, even if it's just 5. I don't like to waste bag slots, so I just keep one on me. I don't change my tertiary bind that often. When I use it, then I go get another one. It'd be nice to be able to just go replenish a small stack less often.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  7. kizant Augur

They've added so many crazy sized bags to the game you should be able to carry 200 around with you if you wanted.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't want to. That's the point. And would making them stack just a little really make it overpowering?
  9. Moege Augur

Do the combines at the merchant, no trips needed.

You and me both, I just sit at merchant.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

I used those things to get 300 on a few characters. I felt like the old man on Jurassic Park , "We spared no expense"! The stacking thing was an issue but honestly to me the best way to 300 is recipes with the fewest (hoepfully none) sub combines and all parts can be vendor bought.

With Overseer supplying tradeskills STACKS (overtime) and the make all button , there hardly is no reason anyone cant be 300 in all skills given time.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

But if you want to skill up to 300 AND level up the trophy, doing only this combine wouldn't work since the trophy levels only go up if you do recipes within 100 points of your current skill level.

It's been a while since I did my trophies, so I don't really remember how it all worked, with regards to skill level vs. trivial level vs. trophy level.
  12. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

Actually it will skill up the trophy. It leveled mine quite a bit, even with a trivial of 402. I did this from 243-300 and leveled my trophy the entire time.

If it wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg to get the number of essences I need, I'd probably use them to skill up my trophy the rest of the way

But still, even being able to stack to 5 would be great...
  13. Moege Augur

Farm both ! :cool: