Been waiting since Fippy for Free Trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Utah, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Aegir Augur

So many "New Member" threads crying about economy on these new TLP's....
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This ruleset has led to one thing that I think has been great, random generosity. People are getting so much, they're finding it easier to give some of it away rather than trying to sell everything. That is probably from so many things being tradable, but also the extra drops.

I was sitting at the North Lift in Greater Faydark, and a guy ran up and gave me a 6/28 magical sword from Unrest. I had literally been up late the night before trying to figure out how to get my friend a magical weapon so we could go to Unrest. Didn't want to deal with the tunnel for that, and he's a Bard so he can't use the Bloodforge Hammer. This random nice person solved my issue unknowingly, just because I was sitting next to that lift for 60 seconds or so.

Then a couple days later, my friend is playing his Shaman alt, and gets a Parcel notification. It turns out to be a nice spear from somebody he didn't know. Unprompted, never spoke to him as far as I know, just found a lowbie Shaman and sent them something nice.

Let the loot rain from the skies, even if it's not all awesome, we need all the help we can get to be nice to each other.
    Skuz, Bardy McFly, BreakmanDX and 3 others like this.
  3. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I mean if I'm new to the server or otherwise trying to catch up... worthless loot sounds exactly like the kind of loot I am looking for and can actually afford..?
    Stymie, Yinla, Bardy McFly and 3 others like this.
  4. Rauven Augur

I have had a similar experience so far. It kind of reminds me of early Firionia Vie back when it was still a majority Roleplay server. People just giving random loot to people.
    Fallfyres, Skuz, Niskin and 2 others like this.
  5. Nykara2 Elder

This used to happen in the early days on many servers, people willing to help each other out instead of being greedy. It's great seeing that again, that was the Everquest I loved. Mind you, so was community driven campss and what not too, didnt respect camps, you got blacklisted and unable to find groups etc. Sadly don't see that ever coming back but at least some of the feel is returning :)
  6. Utah New Member

To be honest, I find many of your interpretations/reactions to my post to be quite strange. I pretty clearly stated that I was "for" the anti-RMT random loot mechanic, which prevents your evil "RMT" players from locking down camps 24/7. My points surrounded the unprecedented level of inflation that the "loot piñata" mechanics bring, however I guess I shouldn't be talking about debasement and economics on ForumQuest.

I do, however, understand the appeal of a super easy server like this. It's just not at all what I expected, or enjoy.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

FV still has a lot of that generosity. Your servers will never lose that.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Sycopata Elder

One minute of silence for the people Who mastered EC flip, hoard items are just lose money, why economy just run so fast, stop flip items and just sell what you loot , and you no need , Value = ( offerd / demand )*(quality of item + item value in nex expansion). No one is going to pay 1Kr for a item outdated in few days. Trash items are just trash, and premium ones are still valuables.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The generosity continues to abound. My friend was running his Barbarian Shaman to Freeport, on the way a group caught up to him and they got to talking, turns out they were going there too. They gave him some gear, and then one of them traded him their JBoots so he could click them and run with them. So awesome, good to see trust between strangers again. Yes, he gave the JBoots back. :)
    Fallfyres, Stymie and Yinla like this.
  10. ntellect Augur

You are not explaining how exactly this is bad for the entire server and its health. There is a reason people are disagreeing with you.
    Skuz and Niskin like this.
  11. trainz Journeyman

I’ve been one of those higher lvls who when his guildies don’t need gear I randomly pass it on. This is the best server I’ve ever played on. I had a guy in my initial static have rl stuff come up. When he came back I geared the heck
    Outa him. Why? Because why not. The tunnel is boring to me and I’d rather someone else have a good time
    Than my pockets get fatter.
    Fallfyres, Skuz, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  12. Mrjon3s Augur

Yea, like on past TLP's everytime you get an upgrade past velious you pretty much delete it. But now you can give it to a friend, maybe refund it to the guild for dkp, or just sell it and try and buy another upgrade for a different slot your missing. Also the amount of loot that just rots during raids when everyone has that class only item is great. Imagine getting a bunch of TA's but no DBoTW during PoP and you could just sell them and buy DBoTW or trade them to another guild.
    Fallfyres and Skuz like this.