How are the AFK/bot groups getting away with far-taunting?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mischief Tonnes, Jun 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mischief Tonnes New Member

I know these groups are being reported... the question is how is this being allowed to continue?

These groups we see are basically the easiest cheating to see on these servers. It's extremely obvious and blatant. There is no denying they are using programs.

For anyone that doesn't know what far-taunting is. When you see these bot groups, their tank will target a mob while he is standing in camp, and he will very quickly warp, taunt, and warp back. Too quickly to usually see happen. But, it causes the mob to come into camp completely solo. Imagine setting up a group that warps every single time it pulls and you don't get punished? Seems absurd to think this isn't something easy to observe as a GM.

I am disheartened that even the easiest to catch cheating, is somehow being ignored when reported.

Do we have a single GM that checks these petitions and checks these groups that isn't Monday-Friday 9am-4pm?

We also have bot groups at the commonlands Soulbinder just rebuffing their group the very second every buff fades... for HOURS at a time. Same guild tag as the lower guk bot groups...

And this isn't even me looking for these people. It's just extremely obvious to anyone who takes a few minutes and observes things happening within their community.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

It was probably just selo run speed with a high end drum.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Doesn't sound like it. He said the tank never appeared to move.
  4. TheGoblin Elder

You can't bard speed taunt King to dead side hamlord in the 2 seconds it takes to happen... in guk earlier today.
  5. Mischief Tonnes New Member

You guys think I just don't notice a tank running around the corner to manually pull a mob? When a mob starts running after the tank from 2 rooms away, and the tank barely moves 10 feet from the group... Also not sure how the tank is magically targeting mobs from 2 rooms away while standing in camp, every single time they pull.

I know you can /target in specific situations, but to be able to /target every single pull you do, seems quite impressive. We all know it's their program auto pulling.

The tank is basically doing a "get over here!" and just throws an invisible and flying taunting spear on a rope that hits a mob through walls and pulls it into their group without aggroing anything else nearby.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Do two people post from this account? I never know whether we'll get Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde.
  7. a_librarian Augur

I discovered one weird trick using Bind Sight on far taunt hackers. Cast any bind sight type spell on the warper and if their target is more than 100-150 range away the spell will helpfully show their character warp onto their target's loc.

It's one way to get a relatively useful capture of what they are doing to report. Will reporting do anything? I believe the GMs will show up and AFK check them then peace out. I don't think their GMs are trained to understand what EQ hacking is to the point where they will take action. Their hand must be forced by a massive amount of reports by many different players.
  8. nagash101 Augur

Report them, record them. They are using the program that can't be named, the program that shall not be used and the program that somehow keeps being updated to work with EQ.
  9. Angelus New Member

I have reported one of these groups. I even made a 30 minute video and uploaded it for the devs explaining everything that was happening. An hour later that group was gone. But the next day they were back at it so I assume all they did was log for the night. At this point I don't think they care who does what as long as they get paid.
  10. Healiez Augur

It may seem obvious to you, but before Darkpaw drops the ban hammer they have to be 100% certain, without ANY other explanation that this is whats going on.

Can you say, with 100% certainty that this is what is going on, without using third party programs yourself? It is probably VERY easy to tell when someone is far taunting if you yourself are using a particular TPP, however it might not be so obvious to someone not using it.
  11. Accendo Guest

Reports to CS about suspect game-play need to remain private. As well, said investigations take time in order to gather relevant and important facts, and our CS team checks every single report.
    andross77 and Hypatia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.