[Requests/suggestions] - Next expansion and beyond

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Getting in early before too much is set in stone.

Transportation
    Guild Portal - goes to where the TS, group and raid vendors are (add a banker here too please and an augment distiller vendor and parcel vendor, pretty please).
    Ports (druid/wizzy) go to where the majority of the Missions/Raids are obtained
    Clickies from collectors edition - go somewhere else useful
    In game quest reward port clickies - TBL lamp was great for ease of getting around for all classes.

Zone names - Revamped zones please use different names (ROF = Good, TOV/COV = Bad)

Mercs - Please add some new merc gear for level increase expansions and AAs for non level increase expansions

Beta Reward - If at all possible let players choose the reward they get from past betas. Some don't like hats, some don't like familiars, etc. Would mean everyone can get something they like and those who have claimed a reward on a char they no longer play can get it again on a different char.

2. Warpeace Augur

Is an augmentation distiller vender really needed now we can carry stacks of 100 distillers on us?

With current zone times druid/Wiz ports to or close to mission/ raid NPC would be extremely helpful.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

I know that they don't want to hand out more vet rewards, but they could change the existing augmentation distiller vendor to a parcel vendor. That would certainly be a QoL change.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Easy start of expansion content, difficult end of expansion content. Medium middle of expansion content.
    Dre., Fanra, Raptorjesus5 and 5 others like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Added parcel vendor to my initial post. It is a great idea
    Sissruukk and Skuz like this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Great list of suggestions.

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Several of the past expansions it almost felt like you needed to have maxed out your levels on old content before doing the content that gave you the xp for the new levels - despite the fact that old content gets an XP nerf.

Having a "ramp up" in content difficulty as you progress through zones & gear from the entry zones not requiring max level before you can even use the Tier 1 drops - (@Devs - wtf was that about?)

My own suggestions:

Quest descriptions / step descriptions - can the devs please try to be a lot clearer about what the quest step requires, distinguishing between a kill update & a /location update is at times very frustrating when the text is so purposely blasted vague or even completely misleading.

And please no more "ignore pet tanks & ignore merc tank" mobs (Cats & Cactii in RoS Overthere), that's straight up BS.
    When groups need to use a Pet tank or Tank Merc especially when doing that breaks quest updates as in the many problems "the last of the storm boars" gave so many people you have no idea how annoying that is, I started that quest over 10 times before finally managing to complete it as a result of this.
    If a mob is going to ignore tanks it should ignore ALL tanks, "stop picking on pet & merc users you big mean bastages".

Adjust Cons of mobs in zones with respect to the Mezmerisation spells available to classes and the levels the players are expected to be.
    Another post mentioned the problems with classes that are heavily based around CC like Enchanters & Bards basically being useless at one of their primary roles when they are levelling up in the early parts of an expansions, if the mob cons are set too high they can't use their existing spells and they don't have the required levels to use the new spells - another example of where it seems content design & the devs are asking players to level up before they are even entering the new expansion those levels are from....this to me really feels like poor design.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  7. Sobmre Augur

just remove the need of distillers, what the point of them anyways now.
    Windance and Velisaris_MS like this.
  8. Sobmre Augur

i would suggest making more rare utility clicky items drops, like in the DODH missions,
    Ozon and Chaosflux like this.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Mayong Mistmoore misses us
    Loratex likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thoughts on mob difficulty and tiered zones.

It appears that each level of mob is fixed with HP and DPS, hence the change of defender guardians going from yellow cons to white. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the plan is these days to have a level expansion every other expansion. Therefore my suggestion for mobs in the next 2 expansions would be as follows.

Level expected to go up to level 120
    T1 zones = mobs 115 - 117
    T2 zones = mobs 117 - 118

Following expansion expansions no level increase
    T1 zones = mobs 118 - 119
    T2 zones = mobs 120 - 121

Following this kind of format should mean mobs don't get harder in earlier content, when the next expansion comes out and mob template difficulties get increased. Named could be the usual few levels higher than the trash for each tier. It would also mean that T2 zones wouldn't be easier than T1 zones as the increase in mobs level should always be harder. Velks always felt easier than Kael as it had more blue con mobs.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Stones in GH vendor to say where the port to…
    Allowing for UI text scaling. Like AA window and group window. Monitors getting bigger. Text looks smaller can’t read it!
  12. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Money soaks.

Why do the cost of spells keep going up even though the plat and cash drops from mobs are virtually nil these days? A dev (or the group of devs) wants to soak platinum out of the game.

I didn't say it was a good reason, just that there is one.
  13. Sobmre Augur

then just charge money to remove an aug, why have to waste inventory space for a distiller.

and how much of a money soak can it be anyways.
    Skuz and Windance like this.
  14. Windance Augur

This is one of my pet peeves. The new method is 100x better than having to have the exact distiller and using a birdbath ... but if I want to swap out augs it should be free and easy to move around. The only restriction I might add would be that you have to be OOC if the devs were worried about some sort of exploit ( not that I can see what it would be )
  15. Warpeace Augur

More spell gems.

They don't need to be assigned a default key. Players can use those spell gem slots 14+ directly through key binds and socials.

Add an additional line to social commands.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If I remember correctly when they created slot 13 they created slot 14 at the same time, but only gave us access to 13.
  17. Froglok Augur

Basic logical good ideas. DP has forever seemed to lack Dev Protocols to maintain consistency and avoid issues. Example... If you do X also do Y and Check Z, but never do A, kind of thing. Essentially, a check list or to do list , which would seem to help avoid the constant "Patch broke stuff, so it needs a Patch and then it needs a Hot Fix" sort of thing.

Transportation -- I like this. Too often we have Teleports that take us to the same (or close) place, or to a location that still requires we run a few zones to where we want to go.

Mercs - When new Levels are added to the game, one would hope new Merc Gear (named drop, group vendors...), properly upgraded Mercs (spells, HP, Mana, Endurance, etc.) and additional Merc AA Levels are standard fare. But yea.

Personally, I would 100% like to see Mercs get Rank III spells / discs, based on Character access.

I recall reading somewhere that the original intent with Mercs was to have "Master" Mercs and to also allow them in Raids, but they could not work out the code. well, no reason Mercs can't use Rk. III Spells / Discs anyway, in my opinion.

Essentially this would be based on Level related Raid Achievement(s) and / or the Players actual known Spells / Discs (Spell Book / Disc Window). Either of which "prove" the Player has "access" to Level-related Rk. III Spells / Discs.

If the Player has level / expansion related Rank III Spells / Discs, or certain Level / Expansion related Achievements, then the Merc inherits that and can use Rank III Spells... but only after you buy the R3 related Merc AA's.

For example, there would be new Mercs AA's lines (one line for each applicable Merc type, that R3 would apply to).

The AA lines will unlock (in sequence) the possibility (Player qualifications still apply) that Mercs can use R3 Spells / Discs. In short, you can buy the AA, but if your Character doesn't have access to or actually have Level-related Spells / Discs, neither will the Merc (purchased AA or not).

Each AA Level will unlock a 5-level span of R3 Spells, with Rank 1 unlocking Level 71 to 75 Rk. III Spells / Discs, all the way to Rank 9 (current) unlocking Level 111 to 115 Rk. III Spells Discs.

The Merc AA's will also be Level restricted (example, you can't buy and unlock Level 111 to 115 spells / discs, until you are Level 115).
  18. zleski Augur

Stop Cleric mercs from casting Hand of Righteousness as it is worse than Righteousness.

Add a way to obtain old rank 3 spells that doesn't involve begging general for people to join a raid. Maybe a quest originating at our home city's guildmaster? Remember them?

I agree with what other posters are saying: COV feels like characters needed to be 115 with a huge number of AAs to engage with even the easiest content on their own (with a merc). Is COV intended to be a "tier 3" and "tier 4" set of zones bolted on to TOV because that is how it feels.

If we live in Magical Christmasland I'd enjoy seeing tradeskill trophy consolidation, and a way to have them active in my plot without needing to have my non-tradeskill trophies active, too.

Many items don't have any tribute value, but it would be nice if every item had a tribute value. You're telling me that The Fabled Thing of Whatever can't be tributed? Doesn't sound very fabled. While on the topic of tribute, maybe a way to mark items (a "tribute lock") so they can't be tributed. I accidentally tributed my Shaman's 1h weapon and that felt bad.

Continuing with Magical Christmasland: maybe we can please designate where certain buffs/debuffs land in our buffs/songs listing. We have 42 buff slots and another 20-some in the songs and that makes it hard to see at a glance what we have active on us. Sure, this will make NPCs who dispel us not work the same way, but this is Magical Christmasland where we get to make requests that force difficult game design and balance choices. Similarly, I'd like to be able to see what I have at a glance what debuffs I have on a mob. Maybe we have the absolute list of what buffs/debuffs are active on us/a target, but the option to sort them alphabetically, or some absolute order, or by the things I've cast.

Back in the world of reality, I'd like to see more raids and missions like Aaryonar which rely more on wit than brute force.
  19. Angahran Augur

For AAs, a slider to split between regular/AA AND Merc AA would be nice.

Merc AA is insanely slow, so having the option to have all earned XP going to Merc AA would be appreciated.

Give us the option to purchase the XP and AA Glyphs ?
    Maybe only let them be purchased if the character has all AAs (excluding the stupid firework AAs) and is 99.999% into max level.
    Ozon likes this.
  20. Angahran Augur

1. More buff slots.
    2. More blocked buff slots.
    3. Adjust any spell that has an illusion component so that the illusion can be blocked while still getting the 'buff' part.