[Request] Move Thwart Disc to Short Duration Window

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Syylke_EMarr, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Just a random thought prompted from a Veterans' Lounge buff discussion. As the title says, the Thwart line of discs creates a buff with a duration of less than 30 seconds in the normal buff window. Could that be moved to the short duration/song window? Tanks already have a lot of buffs going on during fights, so moving it to the other window would help with buff limit issues. No idea if it might change how stacking works though.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Songing it would mean that one could no longer zone into a bad situation with that contingency mitigation running. We lost Divine Aura for that purpose years ago, sadly.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Hard pass, Wulf already said why, I hit this before I zone incase I come in hot on raids or if I left my Fellowship fire in a suboptimal spot.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Suppose those reasons make sense. I've never used it that way; I use different tools if I know I'm going in hot, but I can understand the reasoning.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

What other tools?
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Depends on the situation, but Reaver's Bargain, Dragon Scales, possibly Spire if it happens to be group-type stuff. I've actually had success with spamming my DA key as I load in, but that's iffy for obvious reasons :p

I never really considered using Thwart for that purpose, not sure I'd trust it to do enough mitigation to make much of a difference in that situation, but that's just my own opinion on it.

Overall, it's not a situation I find myself in very often. Typically if I'm "going in hot" it's because I died during an event and I'm getting rezzed up.
  7. Chaosflux Augur

Sure id totally be cool with this change if they gave paladins an equivalent to Reaver's Bargain, you know so I can use that instead of thwart for coming in hot.
    Syylke_EMarr and Wulfhere like this.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

For what's it worth, I am 10000% in favor of Pallies getting a Reaver's equivalent, regardless of this other request. It's something they should have, in my opinion.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The group recourse goes in the song window already, pretty sure if the self only portion went into the song window we wouldn't get both working like we do now on ourselves.