More Lost Journals. Insane drop rate and not a good one..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deathly, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Deathly Elder

I have done this mission 55 times (And counting).
    Trying to avoid any aggro until I get to the drakes, cause they are the only thing in zone that drop the collectibles. Considering everything sees through invis and some see through SOS, aggroing 1-4 mobs along the way ain't to bad.
    There are 12 drakes that actually drop the collectibles. In my 55 missions, my drops are:

13 Lost Druids
    11 Lost Enchanters
    19 lost Magicians
    20 lost Paladins
    18 lost wizards
    17 lost shaman
    13 lost Shadow Knights
    4 lost Warrior YES 4.....

Not even gonna do the math, but 4 of one kind in 55 missions. My group is going insane, but maybe, just maybe one day we can move on to another instance for collectibles.

TDLR: Even out some drop rates, especially in missions like this one. I get this is "Everquest", it shouldn't be "Neverquest"
    Stymie likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

At this point, Overseer makes finishing collections irrelevant.

As soon as the next expansion drops, CoV collections will unlock as a reward. Just start hoarding dispensers now and you'll be able to get what you're missing and finish the collection the day the new expansion launches. No more worrying about drop rates or paying through the wazzoo via the Bazaar.
    Tatanka likes this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

I actually bug reported this collection set. But the flip side is it's easy and the drops sells for a lot of plat!

My secret? Bard speed my mage and run him up to the drake room and then fade using Drape of Shadows. (The golems are super slow moving!)

CoH group. Kill drakes. Drop mission. Rinse and repeat. Bank platinum.
    Elyssanda and Fenthen like this.
  4. Viper1 Augur

restricting the drop to specific mobs in the instance is just plain bad game design. Any mob in the instance should have a chance to drop a collection item.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. chronicler Augur

This not different that anything else. Live with it. Or buy it in bazaar for large amount of pp.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Actually I found out this week that the drake/chroma adds you get while killing the 4 dragons can also drop these collectibles. I guess it makes sense because they are the same models.