Charisma - Dev reply please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darktide, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Darktide Elder

Can we get a Dev post with respect to the functionality of Charisma in it's current state?

Please and thank you.

Or does someone have links to previous posts from Devs?

Some hard proof please
  2. Karreck Somebody

3. HoodenShuklak Augur

4. c313 Augur

Put it this way...

It does NOT affect charm breakage.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Dev pls
    Foaming likes this.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Omg, he said devs respond, not you trolls.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Devs tend to not respond when you ask them to respond in the title.
  8. Darktide Elder

9. TheDohn Augur

Dev plz to show bobs and vagine
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

All the devs are off for flag day. Speaking of which where is the bonus xp?
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Hi, I'm a Dev...

...just not for DPG.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. Loze Elder

Everyone always says this when referencing this post by Niente, but they said:

And as Mr. Bick pointed out, 22 is charm.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

The question is whether CHA affects charm breaks etc. in a meaningful way. That question is unanswered. The conventional wisdom by the people who have been around a long time is No.
    Catalina likes this.
  14. Barder-mangler Augur

As someone who has played a chanter for the better part of 20 years, this is accurate. My personal opinion is after approximately 150 CHA (give or take), it becomes mostly useless, or has such a small impact on gameplay that I've deemed it unnecessary. As previously stated, the cap is 200 for the initial cast, and unknown for the duration ticks. I personally itemize around this arbitrary 150 number, and will otherwise gear for hp/ac. A dev could literally come in here and say the number is 220 (assuming no coding changes), and I'd still spec for 150. Just my two cents.
  15. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

16. wade_watts Augur

My cousin's friend's brother's uncle learned from his girlfriends aunt's neighbor who was married to the childhood friend of one of the developers former lovers coworker that charisma doesn't matter for charm.

Pretty credible source imo.
    Foaming likes this.
  17. Ultrazen Augur

I use charisma as a dump stat on every new chanter and bard I make. I almost always charm to full duration, and am rarely resisted on initial charm, on either character. Does CHA do something? Probably, but the reality is, what it does and what it's supposed to do are so inconsequential as to be meaningless.

I also spent quite a bit of time on test maxing CHA and then getting it as low as I could and charming/mezzing mobs, the results were within what I would call a margin of error i.e. 5% maybe at best. There are a couple of items you can equip, that will actually knock your cha to almost nothing, and I still didn't have any problems. /shrug.

All of this is x10 on a TLP, where the stats in general are laughable, and the gains you get from anything other than raw hit points, and str to carry stuff are meaningless.
    wade_watts likes this.
  18. Numiko Augur

She is busy...

[IMG]
  19. Xerzist Augur

It's frankly irrelevant because even in classic my enchanter has +200 charisma and intelligence. Intelligence soft caps around 200, well, now so does charisma.

Just break the caps and don't worry about it.
  20. Rauven Augur

I'm seeing a bit of anecdotal claims one way or another, but has anyone actually parsed this recently?

I have seen this parsed back a few years ago, and CHA was found to have a great effect on memblur chances on mez. But from what the linked dev post earlier stated, there has been changes. So those tests likely need to be redone.