Aradune dead for leveling now.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Velog, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Velog New Member

Kinda sucks. I don't really care for the two new servers that came out. I sat most the day on aradune LFG in the 30s today without a single tell. Even doing /lfg showed only one other person in their 30s also lfg. This is on a Saturday...

I liked the idea of the 2 character limit on this server, but that probably should have gone away at some point in order to allow people better chance for leveling.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Join a guild is about the best advice for anyone having issues levelling.
  3. Velog New Member

I'd rather not join a guild and expect them to drop what they are doing and come level me.
  4. Karreck Somebody

That's not what joining a guild means. You meet people in guilds, people who might have alts of their own that they want to level. It's another resources for finding people to group with.
    minimind, Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  5. Velog New Member

I don't think you completely realize how dead leveling is right now, especially below 60. It doesn't matter though, I'll just move on and contribute to the servers problem.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

It definitely does not matter. You're spot on there.
  7. Velog New Member

Agreed, joining a guild doesn't matter.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

The same can (and has) been said about Truebox in general. It works for a time when the population is rampant and most content is OW, however its poorly enforced and by the time the population leaves its just a major handcuff for anyone left behind.

Drop Truebox at a certain point (DoDH!) and drop Aradune 2 box limit at the same time/place.
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  9. Atomos Augur

It wouldn't have mattered. This is the way every TLP goes. And I honestly don't see how it could go any other way. The new TLPs will be experiencing the same thing later on. There's not really anything that can be done about it without implementing Live EXP and Mercs way earlier on the timeline. Which I'm OK with, make Mercs no longer summonable 10 levels before the current max level or something.

Edit: I do think EQ needs to tune up its catch-up mechanics. Live is way worse.
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Karreck Somebody

That's why you join a guild and make friends. I have little to no issues leveling alts thanks to guildmates and friends I made on my server.
    You're just being overly pessimistic.
    TLP Addict, Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  11. Culan Journeyman

No, being realistic, unlike yourself.
  12. Febb Augur

Say it isn't so, another newish progression servers pug group game is dying.

Who knew that rehashing new progression servers would cause players on older progression servers to abandon ship.
  13. Karreck Somebody

Whining on the forums expecting Daybreak to change the TLP leveling experience is hardly realistic. Writing woe is me posts and expecting your character to level up as a result is not realistic either.

Face it, there are four options for leveling on Aradune (or really any TLP server when you think about it) right now.
    1. Pay for Powerleveling
    2. Join a Guild, make friends, and level with them.
    3. Hang out in LFG hoping somebody drops you a tell.
    4. Make a box army.

If you don't want to spend extra money, and you are burnt out sitting in LFG, joining a guild is the only realistic option.
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fact is the PUG "scene" on any TLP is short-lived and if you miss the curve or join the server later you have to be far more self-reliant (boxing) or you have to rely on a guild to help you catch up.

EQ is not built for solo play, at all. Moloing wont be available until the server unlocks SoD.

If you missed the first wave of levelling you are wasting your time trying to do it alone and you will not find many players in the same position you are in because 99% of the server is already at the levl cap & with each expansion unlock will be level capped within 2 weeks.

TLP are far more demanding on your time than live servers are, that's just a reality you need to know going in. Late to the party you will need to accept the help of a guild or you may as well do something else.

If you play casually or have a lot less time to dedicate to EQ you are 100% better off avoiding TLP & playing live servers.
    minimind, Viper1, Bardy McFly and 2 others like this.
  15. Vindicator Journeyman

Unfortunately, it's to be expected in this stage of the game. Aradune is deep into Planes of Power now, and has been out for a year. There have been multiple bonus XP events. The population is level 65, and a majority of boxes and alts have already been leveled up to max or as far as they are going to get leveled up.

You are essentially showing up to the movie theatre an hour after the movie has started playing. The theatre isn't going to rewind the movie just for you.

At this stage, you might be better off catching a new movie that just started. I hear Mischief/Thornblade is now screening, they just finished playing all of the previews, and the movie has just begun.
    Bardy McFly, Karreck and Skuz like this.
  16. Mrjon3s Augur

Dude just go to rizlona. The time of playing 2 characters only is over. You can box on 1 pc as many as you want. Also because 2 new servers came out everyone is focusing on leveling there. But seriously sell a krono on rizlona twink out a group and start leveling. You could probably be 60+ real easy depending on your playtime and not having to wait for random people.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  17. Rhythar Augur

The 2 character limit is the defining feature of Aradune. If the GMs had enforced it properly, there would be more grouping opportunities now. I'm still hoping for better enforcement in the future.

Also, I don't see why you need other players to level up.
  18. Rhythar Augur

Why can't you just solo or 2-box?
  19. Culan Journeyman

I went there and looked just now. Not a single person /lfg 1 to 65. The bazaar is empty compared to Aradune. Saw no one speaking in general. Going to go ahead and hard pass on that.
  20. Culan Journeyman

Some people don't like to take 6 months to level.