Hate mini bosses on mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DruidStorm69, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Umbongo New Member

Just split farm Yael as he is a huge pinata as well.
  2. AoEBox Elder

You mean they didnt continue to exploit the known bug after it was reported ?
    Oh wait , they did.

The problem is that those individuals who were able to farm those minis and rares are now lightyears ahead in terms of gear, not to mention the possibility of 1000s of krono. While the rest of us who weren't "Neckbeards" are left to hang out to dry.

Also you can watch several streams from the first batch's of 50's and watch them knowingly exploit game mechanics to kill content.
    IE : Phinigel - mez , nuke , mez , nuke , mez , nuke while having a debuff on the NPC so it doesn't regenerate while the players are taking 0 dmg from him.

Hope they all catch a 2 week suspension for participating but knowing them they will continue to allow it.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Again, you just used the verb exploit, not the noun exploit (they have different meanings). Exploiting a mechanic is just taking advantage of a mechanic, whether it is a bug or not. Furthermore, on a random loot server with vague rules definitions, on day one, nobody knew if this was a bug or intended.

There is nothing wrong with what they did, even if the guild leader's language was poorly chosen. Listen, I don't have any love for these kinds of guilds, I'm not saying they wouldn't exploit an actual exploit, and feel no shame over it. You are forcing me to defend the actions of people I wouldn't normally defend, because you refuse to accept reality.

Still not an exploit, even if they exploit the knowledge that this combination of spell casts will give that desired result. If Phinigel wasn't supposed to be able to be mez'd, and they found a way to do it anyway, that might be an exploit, depending on how it's achieved.
    jeskola likes this.
  4. Finchy Augur

I for one am wanting the crazy loot to return...it's a goofy server with goofy rules, who cares if the raid bosses drop crazy amounts of loot...with how sped up the first few months are, it'll all be replaced sooner rather than later anyways...

revert it back to crazy and let the fun continue.

btw...no exploits were had. we asked way in advance for details on how the loot was supposed to work, with a response of "that's for you to figure out". I wasn't apart of the crazy loot drops, but still not an exploit if we had no prior information on what was expected...just sayin.
  5. jeskola pheerie

Hyperbolize much?
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Where do you draw the line? He's a mezzable mob, casting no dmg debuffs keeps a mob in combat so it doesn't regen. Where is the exploit? It's creative and smart use of the game.

Is it an exploit to mez him and mana drain him so he doesn't cast? Is it an exploit to mana drain Vox so she doesn't CH?
    Is it an exploit to fight Naggy in the hall and joust/LoS his AE? No. Is it an exploit to intentionally lag the zone out so he doesn't AE? Yes.

Its one of the reasons this game is so great, you can use out of the box thinking and your classes varied abilities to beat events in more than 1 way.
    Hypatia and Finchy like this.
  7. AoEBox Elder

Sounds to me like unintended gameplay for Phinny considering the NPC does not even attack the group of players. No way was it intended to be mez/nuked to death and this was never a strategy in classic EQ and the gameplay changes over the years have allowed for this to happen.

I do agree that it is one of the reasons this game is so great but in the past any creative use of gameplay mechanics have been labeled as exploitation or unintended gameplay.

Vox - you just avoid LOS when Vox reaches low HP with a tank with aggro and it makes it so she doesn't cast a CH without having to mana drain. yeah doesn't really mean much to mana drain :)
    Which was also likely a unintended gameplay mechanic discovered due to do the use of clicky aggro which was fixed.

Naggy - Positioning a NPC in an indoor zone to avoid AoE is a common strategy for indoor raid encounters and has been used since the early 2000's.
    I would say that having pets attacking through a wall to avoid a dispells and dmg being done is a 100% unintended though.

I never said the loot was an exploit and I would love to see them revert this change so others can enjoy all that phat loot as well. I do believe they exploited the situation at hand with gameplay mechanic that were unintended.

Really ? CT / Inny loot is being sold for 3-5kr per piece of loot and you think I'm exaggerating ?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

From what I've seen this wasn't even a strat on previous TLPs. So what has changed from Classic? or from Phinny/Coirnav/Mangler etc? Or did it simply never occur to anyone?
  9. AoEBox Elder

I have seen it done this way since the Agnarr TLP and it is usually the initial group of 50's that are rushing, otherwise this technique is not used because it is not time efficient .

The changes were made long ago to resist checks which is why they are able to mez Phinigel and the fact Phinny has MOTM just makes this even more ridiculous.
  10. Neuro Elder

I saw a guild kill Nagafen the other day, they were exploiting all over the place! Every time Naggy was about to kill someone, a cleric would cast CH on that person, completely negating all dmg done!
    This is completely exploitive! Also, several players had on fire resistance gear which lowers the damage the AoE breath does! Cheaters!

I do recall several people asking about the loot rules and being told “Learn”. It’s not the players fault DBG got the loot tables wrong; the golems were raid bosses and within the level range of CT and Naggy so there was nothing that contraindicated what little was known about the random loot rules. When out of era items were dropping, that was clearly a bug. This was just unintended consequences. Yes it needed to be fixed, as it devalued every other raid target, but the fault lies with DBG.
    Niskin likes this.
  11. DruidStorm69 New Member

I started this post and I really hope a dev has the guts to respond. You are spitting in the face of all the players who didn't exploit. The players who love raiding but aren't nolife-ing this server so we didn't clear hate day 2. You are spitting in our faces by handing the "elite" guilds who are all on government disability payments insane loot pinatas, and then turning around and nerfing it into nothingness when normal players take a shot. address this!!! My whole guild was loving this server until our hate raid this week when we learned you took ALL the loot away. So many people are losing interest now. Fix this!!!!
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Bugs happen, fixes happen, sometimes lucky people get to keep the spoils, sometimes they aren't so lucky. This has been going on for a long time in EQ. Your post isn't likely to garner much support for your cause. This server is raining down loot all over the place, but your guild is losing interest because of one mob that was fixed within 24 hours?

This will probably happen again on some other mob in a later expansion. Best to be ready for it, I wouldn't expect the situation to be handled much differently.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. DruidStorm69 New Member

You sound like a boot licker for billionaires and millionaires. The situation you put forth is all false. It was not one mob, it's 12 bosses in hate all have zero bonus loot like the rest of the server. For the first week the elite guilds farmed these on repeat and got thousands of items. Now the normal guilds get zero. No middle ground at all. Just a big pat on the back to the no life exploiters and a you to normal players. This is actually a major issue and people are going to leave if this company continues to reward the toxic 1%
    nagash101 and AoEBox like this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

You'd get probably more sympathy if you stopped with the name calling and insinuating that anyone who plays more than you do is some neckbeard scamming the government. Jus sayin
    nagash101 and Stymie like this.
  15. AoEBox Elder

Only scrubs use CH in classic but okay :) Never considered fire resist actually beneficial in classic considering MOTM pretty doesn't care much about resists.
  16. AoEBox Elder

I agree and you are putting this mildly.

Factor in that CT / Inny / Naggy / Vox / Draco loot was dropping from Golems / PoHate minis.
    Golems and PoHate minis take no more than 3 groups to kill in era if you are competent and some guilds have 3-4 raid forces worth of players ( 200 to be conservative ) some have MORE.
    You figure 11 splits at 18 people times that by 23 pieces of loot per NPC x 13 NPC ( that's just Pohate minis and Golems ) that is 3289 pieces of loot and that is just 1 guild.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I voted for Bernie (in the primaries, both times!), not sure what you are talking about here. Actually I do know what you are talking about here, you wanted to let me know that you are unhinged, and don't understand how things work in this game, and think it's somehow akin to the situation in the real world. Message received!

I played from 1999 on, this has mostly always been how it has worked. Get there early and find something that is broken that benefits you? You might get to keep it. This isn't decided by the 99%/1% standard, it's decided by saying "oh crap, fix it fast" and deciding how to deal with the fallout so you can back to the stuff you were supposed to be working on that day.

DPG isn't part of some global conspiracy, they are just shmoes like the rest of us. They wake up, dread some terrible thing happening and ruining their day, then get to witness live when it happens. Plus they have us to yell at them up and down for a week after it happens, so bonus!

If you think these should drop more loot then say so. If you think it would make the game better then say why. If you can't separate the real world from a last minute dev decision to stop an unexpected problem, then that's not on them.
    Stymie likes this.
  18. That Guy Journeyman

Gather round wayward souls, and listen. Share my fire, and my brew, whilst I serenade your ears and tell a tale of yore.

Years ago, ages now it seems, I found myself in an adventuring troupe. I forget what large beasty was to be our prey that day, but it was a foe we all expected to be beyond our skills. Even more depressing was among our number was a large amount of those dark souls, the Shadowknights. Nothing to be lost for the effort, we decided to make the attempt all the same.

Our prey had a form of death touch, that would instantly slay someone without so much as a whimper. Our resident mage was nominated to be the first. So, while hunched over, our mage walked backward to the large beasty, robes hitched up, presenting their posterior to seem too irresistible of a target, all but calling out a "you hoo!" whilst bouncing their hips up and downward. Sadly I must report it did not all go according to plan.

Someone with an itchy sword hand or spell finger let fly with a great cry if "Whazzlebang!" and shortly after, it was pure and utter chaos. People were falling left and right, only to be reborn around the corner in nothing but their smallclothes. They would pause only to retrieve their weapon before charging off into battle once again.

But then something happened. Something quite unexpected. A fickle of fate perhaps, but it would seem that the shadowknights among our number found their daily "Uncle Bad Touchy" abilities restored after death. And so they began a swarm of sucuidal attacks, running up to the beasty, slapping it somewhere while yelling something rude, getting blasted for their trouble, only to show up again 3 minutes later to repeat.

It was beautiful comical chaos. I can't tell you how many bodies lined the beasts lair that day, but eventually, it fell to our most ridiculous improvised tactics. Victory! And honorless victory to be certain, but victory nontheless.

Shortly after, someone without a sense of humor summoned the dieties of observation and fair play, who arrived in a poof of smoke with a magical "BAMF!" This blue robed elderly gentleman with liver spots and a pointy hat perched at a jaunty angle stroked his beard while he used unknown magics to observe what just took place. We all paused and waited with baited breath for his judgement. Then with a chuckle he tapped his staff upon the ground, nodded his head and pronounced that it was indeed a fine kill. Then as mystically and magically he disappeared leaving us blinking in confusion and then some bright one among us asked "What did he drop?"

The point to this most absurd of tales is that not all will agree on what is or is not fair or honorable rules of engagement, particularly when the laws of magic and fates seem whimsical at times. Tis often the case to be beyond our mere mortal standards and only hope that when the gods above render judgement in our actions, that they do so in a sober manner with a sense of humor.
    Stymie and Niskin like this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Oh, give it a rest.
  20. taliefer Augur

wait, is someone in this thread saying mezzing a mob is an exploit?

y'all got trolled. 10/10
    Hypatia likes this.