We done here?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheBoss, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Allworth Elder

I thought all designated "rare" mobs were supposed to have random loot. This is pretty disappointing how this all turned out.

Crushbone has about 6 named mobs in total with only the Orc Taskmaster having Mischief rare loot. Like the Orc Taskmaster, the Orc Warlord is designated as "rare" but currently drops nothing.
  2. Hdizzle Augur

@ OP While I find the second half of this statement incredibly hard to believe and understand given the EZ mode TLPs since Phinny; this is why they make new ones every year! I guess we should be thankful there are still people like this who play and help keep the lights on /shrug.

@ntellect Enjoy!
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Maybe he/she only has a few hours a week of playtime. Everyone's situation is different. Don't judge.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Cainen Augur

To me its lived up to all its promises and more:

Free trade: Check - This has made some quests much easier and allowed me a full set of planer gear much earlier then normal.

Random Loot: Check - Leveled a totally different path then I normally do since the loot drops could be had anywhere. Allowed me to get jboots without have to set foot in oot and fight with krono lords.

Random raid targets: Check - While not everything is randomed(I think minis in Hate could random among themselves) overall the boss kills are still exciting and getting a 3-4x god kill feels amazing.

This has been the best classic experience I've had so far and I think Kunark and Velious will continue to be interesting adventures. I think the VP key farming will still suck(always does) but I COULD just skip it this time and buy whatever I wanted..... hmmm tempting.
    Hypatia, Bardy McFly and Fallfyres like this.
  5. Aenoan Augur

With the exception of quest pieces, I am giving this TLP a hard pass. I just want a standard TLP a little easier of a time grinding xp, maybe buffing quest xp. I also want actual race/class unlocks, waiting for kunark or velious for gnome sk or halfling ranger makes actually zero sense. At this point I see no reason why we couldn't also get classic+kunark to be unlocked. IIRC one of the other TLPS had up to SoL unlocked?
    I mean I was getting drops from Warrens and Stonebrunt but they still don't get unlocked on launch? Because they should be available.

The random loot is great its nice to get unique-ish drops in other zones. That's a win. But its still bogged down same zones and same camps. Even if you try form groups for places like HHK, EK or Paw.
    Farmers still locking down content, my favorite is still the farmers mage boxes camping Hand in Unrest. So yeah... killing the whole idea of fireplace camp was thrilling.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  6. Nykara2 Elder

I've done 90% open world killing and been able to buy more gear for PP then ever before. For this druid lover it's been great! Having a fun time so far :)
  7. Hythos Augur

Kunark (live) on Bristlebane, when sitting, watching, waiting, for the Shissar to spawn, I had my raid overrun by a large guild every single time.

Mangler saw box characters at most named spawns in SolB, LG, Mistmoore, and many others when going into Kunark.

Aradune, saw this behavior be stepped up a factor with two NEC or MAG on almost every pick frenzy, cloaked dhamphire, and efreeti (fun fact, yhese were all the same player because I had a character in one pick and asked a question in /say, and they responded in /say in an alternate pick where I had another character lurking).
    I cashed out and moved on before Kunark.

While Thornblade has purely automated box armies being raised (easily evidenced when you see 6x mages synchronously & autonomously casting and sending pets - fun fact, this was further easily proven by opening trade with two or three of the mages and since their target was then blocked by the trade, they could not target /pet or /cast - and having a charmed mob of their automated 3rd party macro would cause them to keep targetting an invid target..... Any actual player would recognize this instantly, yet it would remain for almost an hour......... GM investigated two reports with video, and those characters are still playing 10 days later).

Overall, the random loot ruleset has been my best experience in EQ - and from also not having to camp choked-point & contested mobs for desired gear, QOL has been sooo much better, I've considered actually subscribing again, vs using banked-Krono because I want to see how things go in the future.

Splitpaw & CT are a touch of dissapointment, but I'll take the positives what I can get 'em.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. ntellect Augur

Thanks. 39.5 Paladin at the moment! Highest level ever for me in TLP classic.

I will admit it's harder to find groups for me after level 30ish. But I'm practically living in the lower guk. I was told the hole is good 40 to 50.
  9. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Hole is going to be hard to tank as a paladin until 42 or 43. The rock golem are to level 54 and really shred you due to level differences. At least that was my experience. I did solb to 46/47
  10. nagash101 Augur

But Thornblade is not only undisciplined cowboys but also camels.