We done here?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheBoss, Jun 9, 2021.

1. TheBoss New Member

What do you guys think? I tried to explore new zones, no luck. Everyone is still in the same zones. Farmers have 100x the items they need, and 0x the buyers. Was there something here for me?

What actually worked about this? Seems more broken than ever before IMO.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What does this mean? What zones have you never explored, and what is stopping you?
  3. Magician9001 Augur

Sounds like you're bad at the game. I haven't had this problem plenty of open camps of plenty of new useful camps.
  4. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I leveled in new places, got tons of loot I've never seen before. I've never been this well geared up in classic because I don't like tunnel quest. Server has exceeded expectation so far.
    Bardy McFly, Nykara2, Appren and 6 others like this.
  5. TheBoss New Member

Fair enough, it hasn't been a complete failure or anything. Was cool getting extra loot from Kerra isle and such. Was just curious how other people were feeling
  6. TheBoss New Member

Sorry to be more clear, off-the-beaten-path zones like cazic and splitpaw are broken. Even Guk was broken for a couple days...
  7. ntellect Augur

Best EQ TLP experience ever for me. Random loot makes just playing the game fun. Seen more gear than all the other TLPs I played on combined. I.might actually make 50 for the first time and within the Classic time-frame. Can only see it getting better
  8. waterboy New Member

I love it and cant get enough. Seen a bunch of items that I've never seen in nearly a decade of playing EQ. I honestly cannot freakin wait for Kunark because of all the zones that I normally dont spend time in. Only problem with classic is that there are so few zones that there isn't a ton of space for people to stretch out. I have seen people camping named all over the place that dont get killed on other TLPs though. Widowmistress in Najena is perma camped, and there are lower level duos/trios camping the lower level rares. I went to see what was up in Permafrost (from my experience usually dead on TLPs) and there were always people camping king and high priest plus at least one if not two lower level groups camping other rares. This server concept is seriously awesome.
  9. TheBoss New Member

For real, if you guys are having a good time then forget about -- I'm glad to hear it
  10. Vule_Xyrashue Journeyman

"Whatever man search for in Norrath, he find" - Ancient Ogre proverb
  11. jeskola pheerie

CIHYS?
  12. nagash101 Augur

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Ythera Augur

My friends and I popped an instance of Kedge Keep, cleared the dungeon from start to finish, killed 6 named mobs and got 3 pairs of GEBs, a smoldering brand, a Yak, and a bunch of other great upgrades. We were all super happy and I felt this was how the game was meant to be played.
  14. nagash101 Augur

I think you are playing EQ wrong and especially the kicka$$ new servers. Mischief/Thornblade are experimental and fun as hell so far, even with the Hate Minis and Fear Golems being old school boring again after the little hot fix few weeks back.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. sadre Augur

You Mischief boys are a bunch of undisciplined cowboys.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Yippee-ki-yay, ........
    Stymie likes this.
  17. Yteran Lorekeeper

I'm extremely happy with the ruleset, but I wish they would have completed it.

Splitpaw, Runnyeye and Cazic Thule all have named/rares/hunter achievements that do not drop random loot. It's a bummer that basically everyone on mischief and thornblade, including the career boxer/farmers, is squished into kedge keep, solb and lguk, trying to get drops.

The other zones would be far more popular than what they are if they had been fully integrated into the ruleset. Especially Splitpaw, where there are a number of level 39+ named.
    Allworth and nagash101 like this.
  18. Captain Video Augur

It is worth noting that a mob is only rare if you /con it and the text says this is a "rare creature". Not all named are flagged as rare, and some mobs that are flagged as rare are not historically considered to be named, at least in Classic. I expect there will be fewer such discrepancies in later expansions.
  19. Gheed Is not reading your response

I am super happy. I finally got to level in south karana and splitpaw. I cant wait for kunark so I can level in swamp of no hope and dalnir!!

WooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. NorrathISflat New Member

Can you imagine?