ZEMS Suck

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Omen777, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Omen777 New Member

Here we are again...

Befallen/CB > Unrest/Guk/Sol > Guk/Sol/Hole

All because of ZEMS...

The xp is so bad outside of those zones that we're forced to play in those zones... again...

/3ndRant
  2. Cainen Augur

Do zems still exist? I was getting the same exp in perma per kill of yellows that I was in Guk.

I was under the impression that Zems all went away years ago when they redid exp with TSS(i think).

Previous TLPS I've played on was always just kill the lowest level reds as fast as possible for the best exp, zone didn't matter.
  3. Kahna Augur

The normalized ZEMs a few TLPs ago. There are still some with higher and lower rates, but it's a lot less drastic than it was.
  4. TheDohn Augur

5 minutes in any pug is all you need to understand why groups flock to the absolute most bottom-feeder-y zones of every expansion - and the answer isn't xp or loot either one.

Those zones aren't popular because they are good xp. Most of them are substantively worse xp than other options. Those zones are popular because they're failure proof and the average TLP player is extremely bad at EQ.

Also, you're not forced to play anywhere. This is an MMO. Talk to human beings and build a static that goes wherever you want.
    minimind likes this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

ZEMs don't matter if there are too many people in the zone and nothing to kill. I zoned into CB for a moment on Thornblade but it was camped to heck and back, with only one pick. Went back outside and kept killing orcs there, no shortage of them.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Xondor Lorekeeper

I posted a thread where I did some testing of similar level mobs in a bunch of different zones on Aradune before the new TLPs launched, and ZEMs (or something similar) definitely still exist. With the zone options in classic though (imho) it's more about mob availability. As an example, I personally hate unrest because it is so incredibly overcamped that your group can very easily get mob-starved.
  7. Omen777 New Member

Yeah ZEMS 100% still exist. One of the super nerds tested it a while back and they still exist.

It's not so much that tho, it's that you're forced to play inside a dungeon...

Xp should be the same inside or outside and before people start saying "it's easier outside blah blah blah"; everybody is running around in Planar gear at lvl 10 lol... It's already easy.

I just want Befallen's ZEM to be in every zone so that I can adventure and kill in new places that I otherwise wouldn't have ever done...
  8. Ruhi Augur

You can adventure and kill in new places, you're just choosing not to. Nejena and Mistmoore both have great zems and you can lvl from 10 to 36 between the 2 zones. Kedge keep has amazing zem - and you can lvl to 50 there...

just play the game the way you want - it's simple.
  9. wade_watts Augur

either zems are totally a thing or some core mechanic behind exp rewarded is driving the difference. There is a massive difference between some zones. Go exp in sola at level 20 and tell me it's not massively higher than other zones.
  10. Ultrazen Augur

People go to those places, because that's where everyone else is. When you LFG, you get a tell to join people in one of the usual places. It is better exp, it is better loot (although that's much less so on mischief), and it's where everyone else is.

I find that Mischief has actually really spread people out. You see people doing places that never had much traffic before, it's pretty awesome. There are a lot of places that became real hotspots, because they had often spawning rares that before the loot change were pretty much worthless. There are a LOT of those, if you know where to look.
    Stymie likes this.
  11. Zapsos Augur

Kedge have one of the best ZEMS in the game!