Drunk with power, I can now take on the world.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Niskin, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

So I've never really played a Mage before. As some may know from the Wizard thread, I'm playing one on Thornblade, with a boxed Wizard. When you get your first pet at level 2 and it's yellow to you, it's pretty awesome. I didn't struggle with anything, even up to level 10 or so in West Karana. Moving to East Karana at level 12, things got a little harder, my pet was even at best.

Upon hitting level 13, it felt like I wasn't even playing the same class. My level 12 Air pet and level 13 Earth pet would always come up as level 12. I didn't even try casting it a bunch of times to check, it just died so much I got a decent sample with all 12's. Not only that, but the pet sucked, either one, it didn't matter. The Air pet was weaker, but once something started fleeing it didn't matter. The Earth pet was tougher, but it would root stuff to make sure the mob had one last chance to kill it, and the mob would oblige.

Feeling sad about this change in fortune, I carried on, nuking more, knowing the pet with Burnout and a DS on it couldn't solo a mob 2 levels below it (WTF?). Then last night I hit 14, memmed the new Water pet. Yellow again, yay! I figured it was one level above me again, so I conned it, 17, holy crap! Suddenly everything was back on the table. Level 17 Gorge Hounds, that level 16 Evil Eye that had been stalking me, even two level 12 snakes at once!

I'm basically the most powerful character on the server now, you can all delete your 50's in shame. Plane of Hate here I come, Plane of Fear... don't even try to open-world race me for Cazic Thule. There is nothing in East Karana that can touch me now, except maybe the cyclops, and those KOS NPC's (why they hate Bertox? He gives the plague to all equally), and maybe like two Evil Eyes at once. Wait, no, my ego, come baaaaaack!
  2. Hashire New Member

You're certainly drunk that's for sure.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

4. TheDohn Augur

Guy likes his pet, does not like his pet, really likes his pet. More on News at Nine.
    Metanis and Niskin like this.
  5. Herf Augur

Pets haven't spawned at random levels for a decade or two AFIK.
  6. Nickatropolis Augur

Mage and Wizard sounds fun, lots of nuking. But Mage and Necro is more fun =D
  7. Jubilee New Member

Double buffed and fully armed pets, what's NOT to love?