Unplayable TLP servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quark, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Quark New Member

It is impossible to play in the TLP Thornblade, all areas are enclosed by levels 50, which will train you if you dare to enter their picks.
    There are no places to experience, there is always a level 50 in that area. Obviously this is unplayable, or they apply a heavy hand with this type of person or the servers will be empty quickly. I don't think it's interesting to fill a server with farmers
    Herf likes this.
  2. nagash101 Augur

If you are getting Trained, /report them and they will be dealt with in a timely manner. I have only ran into a few bad apples but they are easily reported if they are harassing/training someone.
  3. Machen New Member

Wow, who would have been able to predict that making all the named everywhere valuable would result in them all being camped by farmers?
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

The mischief/thornblade ruleset is designed to encourage farming. If you didn't see that coming... sorry I guess? There's quite a few other servers to choose from if you don't like this ruleset.
  5. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Those Farmers are not very modest,man
  6. ViciousEQ Elder

Any farmer camping named at this point isn't very good at making money.
  7. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Yeah I'm not sure what's up on Thornblade, but I've run into a negligible amount of farming in solb/lguk/hole on mischief.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. nagash101 Augur

i agree, the market is so flooded with items both rare and common. a few items are still rare and valuable but with multiple camps dropping those potential items, its actually better then normal classic rule set.
    Nickatropolis and Skuz like this.
  9. Komodon Augur

Apparently not a whole lot of the TLP newbies or typical quit-shortly-after-classic-regardless casual players coming out of the woodwork here the first week or so post launch to proclaim this as the new anti-RMT and/or anti heavy Krono farming haven server they all have been waiting years for that *THIS* time is going to see them stick around it to make their home in.

Like....let's simply just not focus in on the fact that Mischief has attracted a notably larger then ever amount of the condensing zerg of 'hardcores', who after mass leveling up in classic and early kunark will ultimately end up accounting for more then half the server's online population at any given time once the new server in classic appeal/rush dies off. The large majority of which who have completely pushed aside their usual "World First!" progession desires and/or meaningful epeen fueled loot distribution structures in favor of forming what essentially amounts to industrial level krono farming machines on a scale that utterly dwarf anything seen before. CLEARLY that is NOT happening because all those people are aiming to do some heavy krono farming and while pushing to create a server environment where RMT can and will always thrive in itself among those who simply aren't first priority farming all that krono to transfer on to the next server. And I mean..SURELY those loot pinata drop rates also WON'T get tuned down latter to a ratio that better ensures those larger % population of hardcore players who rolled on Mischief with that end goal mindset actually feel rewarded enough for their playstyle effort to continue having an interest in playing there.

Obviously minor little surrounding details not worth getting caught up on.

RANOMIZED DROPS ON BIS CLASSIC GEAR I DON'T HAVE TO RAID FOR! GEBS AND J-BOOTS CAN NO LONGER BE LOCKED DOWN BY INDIVIDUAL FARMERS! DING DONG RMT IS DEAD BABY!!!!
    Xhartor likes this.
  10. besbin Journeyman

I don't know what parallel universe Thornblade server you are playing on, but I have levelled 2 characters to level 50 by pugging and have not been trained/driven out of camp/hindered by higher levels even once.
    The server is pretty quiet and for the first time if you form your own group you can feel quite confident in finding a camp. Your mileage obviously varies.
    Nykara2, Appren and Niskin like this.
  11. Ketzerei84 Elder

Almost as if they should have implemented Trivial Loot Code along with the Free Trade rules from FV, hmmmmmmm.
  12. Gheed Is not reading your response

Its okay. Named mobs drop 5 pieces of loot, its pretty much all worthless anyways.
  13. Nickatropolis Augur

It makes for a unique market. Certain items are still pretty rare and there value is higher than it would be on a normal TLP. FBSS for example, goes for about 2 krono right now, it typically sold for around 3KPP or about 1 krono on other TLPs. But for the most part, the same gear is being sold by 10 different players linking the same items asking anywhere from 50-300pp. Loam for example, while it isn't on the random loot tables, nor is it super rare, its typically more valuable, but due to the abundance of available loot it sells for a lot less on mischief then it has on other TLPs.
  14. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

FBSS is a lot more rare than it was on other tlp after 2 weeks. You cannot camp this mob anymore until all melees or group members got it. Usually, after 2 weeks most of my guild mates had a fbss. Now im one of very few in my guild, who already have one. And that is why the price is so high and is almost set in stone.
    In Kunark come sash of the dragonborn (24%), runebranded girdle (27%) and siblisian berserker cloak (26%). Then fbss will go down to 2k.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Did those Plane of Sky haste belts not end up being tradeable? It was opined that they would alter the haste item market on this server, and it made sense in theory.
  16. Moranis Augur

Farm platinum. I'd tell you about my secret spot...but then it wouldn't be a secret.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Sky loot isn't randomized (after they fix all planar drops).
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Sounds perfectly playable, just not fun. Thread title did not deliver.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

But are they tradable? And if so are they worth farming? I know Sky is a pain in the butt in general, so the answer is probably no, but I'm just curious.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Oops, sorry. My brain went in a different direction. I don't know the answer.