Hail, Norrathians. I'm your new Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Ketzerei84 Elder

Or fix bard song threat... not that I mind tanking on a bard on every tlp per se...
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Welcome

Top tip, lots of communication is the key. Most come to the forums looking for information and get frustrated when that information isn't on the forums but find it has been announced/answered elsewhere like discord.

Announcements of in game events would be appreciated, it's OK having them on the in game calendar but unless your ingame you cannot check it. Announcing a few days I advance would be much appreciated.

Would be interested to hear your EQ history.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. xmPradah Not a dude

Welcome, Accendo!
    I've been living in and out of this world for almost 22 years, and my best advice would be: listen. And please, please... use Discord as well as the forums!
    You have a vast array of players to represent and, with that - just as many perspectives, playstyles, and concerns. I'm sure you have just as many business "classes" to represent, as well. Listen to them all, and engage. So much is gained with healthy communication!

About "current" me: I play on Rizlona. We, like many other servers, have a healthy and engaging guild/player community and very much appreciated the consideration of your predecessor.
    You have big shoes to fill, my friend... I'm sure you'll do great!

btw... I'm already imagining you as a Bard (I admit, I didn't read "every" post to see if this was answered)... please, tell me I'm right!
  4. JergensLivingston Journeyman

Dear Accendo,
    THERE IS ONLY ONE RULE HERE IN NORRATH... AND THAT IS TO PLEDGE AND SERVE YOUR ALL MIGHTY ORKK EMPEROR JERGENS!
  5. Xygor New Member

Word (That a bazaar selling feature isn't obtainable until Luclin is a downright tragedy - opening this in commonlands would compromise nothing).
    Ketzerei84 likes this.
  6. Ketzerei84 Elder

Definitely, Commons Tunnel should be flagged to allow /trader mode. Maybe even /buyer mode. Or(incoming hate/flame/rant responses from every wiz/dru main on mischief/thornblade right now) maybe we could just have nexus and bazaar enabled... I mean we'd literally have... three spire locations in classic. four in kunark.
  7. Krushor Journeyman

Welcome!
    Accendo likes this.
  8. Numiko Augur

Welcomes to EQ and .. what's that other game again?

[IMG]
  9. eqgamer Augur

I know we've beat this up already, but I'll also just add the old saying: A little information goes a long way.

Welcome, and long live EQ.

SB
    Accendo likes this.
  10. the doctar New Member

so, we get more coins for raid events, and then the price of raid items is doubled from the last expansion?
  11. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Crystilla Augur

Welcome aboard!
    Accendo likes this.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Welcome aboard!

You've been given some great advice already.

I'll just say, if you didn't fully know the way this forum community is before taking the position...

[IMG]
    Accendo likes this.
  14. J'bone Journeyman

It would be nice to see more of a presence on Facebook. Right now it seems there's a post every two months or so. Your team could possibly 'fill in the gaps' by posting memes or having people send in some screenshots every now and then. Pretty sure that there are a lot of talented folks out there in the community that could come up with some mostly non triggering memes about the various games. People love to do that stuff for free, I've noticed. Although you should probably keep the 'ban hammer' close as there are so many strange people and scammers on Facebook.
  15. Rctic New Member

Hey Accendo! Welcome!!

From one gaming-industry CM to another, good luck!
    Accendo likes this.
  16. Fhiele Augur

Welcome! I'm sure it will be a fun ride. I would like to know if you've played much Everquest before.
  17. Accendo Guest

I play both EQ and EQ2. Been gaming for longer than I'd like to confess.
  18. Rogean Lorekeeper

Cake or Pie?

Tread carefully, your answer will be judged heavily!
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Accendo Guest

I generally lean more towards pie than cake. Unless it's a tres leches cake, then it's a tough choice.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Yinla and Nennius like this.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't know whether to congratulate you or give you my condolences with this player base haha. In all seriousness though, welcome aboard. We have a lot of recent history with some quality Community Managers, so what trust I have left in EQ I have on their choices for this position.
    Accendo likes this.