Hail, Norrathians. I'm your new Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 9, 2021.

1. strongbus Augur

A cat? so we know what race she is but what class is she?
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

D
    Do you play Everquest? And if so, how long have you played?

Also, could you make sure that anything at all important said in Discord is carried over to the forums. Some of us are older than dirt and do not really like Discord (fine with others like/loving it ... just not my bag).
    Metanis, Niskin, Elyssanda and 6 others like this.
  3. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Welcome Accendo

Please don't take this the wrong way. Do you prefer to be referred to as he or she?

In terms of feedback, could you resurrect major GM events, forum contests, and charity-related marketplace offering? Of course, with approval of management.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Accendo, your posts do not show on the Staff Post Tracker. You might want to look into why.

Oh, and welcome. :D
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Welcome to the EverQuest forums.
    Accendo likes this.
  6. Nanan00 Journeyman

Welcome young mayfly.
  7. Accendo Guest

Would never take this the wrong way, and I appreciate you asking. I'm a he.

And of course, I'll definitely look into what you suggested and see how I may be able to spur more community involvement/fun stuff.
  8. Accendo Guest

Thanks, Fanra. And weird. I can see myself listed (maybe a CTRL+F5 on your end?), but I'll have Mepps double check.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Clicking on your profile tells us:
    This member limits who may view their full profile.
    All we can see of you is:

Take heart, this won't be the first mess up in the game for you:D
    Stymie, Fanra and Skuz like this.
  10. Cidran Augur

Hi Accendo and welcome! I'm very happy to meet you both here and in EQ2 as well. Hope you enjoy your time with us!
    Accendo likes this.
  11. Corleone New Member

Great, another one. Can't wait to play whack-a-post and hide-n-go-post with you. ;)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I tried a Cntl F5 and cleared my browser cache. Still nope. Also tried three different browsers.

One reason I posted this here rather than a PM to you was to see if others also have the same issue as me. Perhaps someone reading this thread could respond.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I posted right above this and guess I wasn't clear that in addition to not seeing him on staff post tracker he also has a block on his profile which is prob related to staff tracker. Of course he can see his posts cause he is staff lol

Clicking on your profile tells us:
    This member limits who may view their full profile.
    All we can see of you is:

Take heart, this won't be the first mess up in the game for you
    Fanra likes this.
  14. Eetra1 New Member

Do you actually play EQ? No offense ment, but you've yet to answer this question and with a game this old we need to know up front what we are dealing with.
    Ketzerei84, Machen and CatsPaws like this.
  15. Machen New Member

Welcome.

Several have asked if you play EQ. I'll just offer the following instead -- you have an open invite to come play with us at any time. PM me if you're ever interested in a ground level view of Planes of Power! We are Shattered Soul on Rizlona.
    Eetra1 likes this.
  16. JumjumJunky New Member

Hello Accendo.

What are your thoughts on the recent changes to combat logs and a dev recently telling us (the players) that the fact that they've utterly mangled the usability of our logs is "working as intended"?

Clearly none of them have ever played a healer in their own game. Healing logs are literally indecipherable now as they disallow us from showing our own heals and feed every single healing effect nearby to that window causing it to scroll at light-speed.

Thanks for your input, and welcome.

(this and similar issues described in this thread, which a dev moved to the veteran's lounge: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/patch-issue-others-pets-hits-filter.274527/ )
  17. Accendo Guest

The issue is fixed now. Thanks for the heads up, all, and for the tips. Mepps got me squared away so credit to him.

18. Ketzerei84 Elder

With a name like Accendo and a race of cat... I'm going with Bard ^^
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Zapsos Augur

I hope you're right - Maybe he can harass the developers about bard clickies being broken for a while now :p
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. Freebirrd Journeyman

Welcome Accendo! As the Self Apointed Supreme Warlord of ALL SK's in EQ. I offer my hand in greetings... don't worry, this is not the blood of any one you know. Muhahahaha.
    Accendo likes this.