You left epics as BoP, so turn BoP back on for epic components

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loxias, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Gnomie Denser than most

I camped Bergurgle last night for 5 unmolested hours on Mischief and never saw another person. Do you mean Gimblox?
  2. Loxias New Member

No, I mean Bergurgle. I'm sure there are periods of time where farmers are doing other things or sleeping, but it's happening right now for long periods of time and it's going to get worse in the future. I'm glad you got lucky and got it uncontested.

Gimblox is in Sol A and while it can be a pain to camp, Gimblox's ring is no-trade and you regularly get a pick of Sol A when multiple groups show up to exp. It is not a prime target for krono farming.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Bind on Pickup. May be used elsewhere, but I saw it in WoW.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If a wizard is killing the mob before anyone else with instant cast damage at the spot can do it that is a different problem.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yep they are always highly contested on a TLP and making them no drop again won't change that.
  6. Captain Video Augur

Just as an aside... the term "bind on pickup" did originate with classic WoW, but its use has spread fairly broadly in the gaming industry. You'll see it used among Diablo III players, certainly, and several of its ARPG variants, as well as in some of the modern looter-shooters.
  7. Wisp Lorekeeper

Given the following facts:
    1. The cleric epic is incredibly useful. People are willing to help and if you find yourself with people who won't, find a new home.
    2. Much of it can be done solo, so the amount of help you will need for the overall thing is low.
    3. People on these servers in general have an incredibly low tolerance for the "hostage" takers.

Your guild should be willing to pop a pick for you in era. Popping picks for VP key pieces and epic pieces/turn in NPC's is essentially standard practice.

If for some reason you've decided you don't want to be in a guild, consider enjoying the difficult road you've chosen to travel. Even then, if I saw someone /ooc Please help me spawn a pick for cleric epic piece in lake rathe at 0700 EST this Saturday to defeat soandso RMT cheater, I would make a note on my calendar and help. Given point #3 above I doubt I am the only one. I believe you need 36 to spawn a pick there? It might be 54, the zone is large-ish. I once sponsored a tournament in the arena and people traveling through lake rathe spawned a pick. Was a longshot but that's how I got my cleric epic done before I started boxing enough toons to spawn my own picks.

On boxing allowed servers like lockjaw and rizlona, I regularly popped picks for anyone that asked with my 54 toons. Mischief is using that abhorrent truebox code so it will be a little more difficult to get the numbers but I bet you could do it. You might even be able to do it just by joining the cleric channel. Everyone in the same boat so to speak.

Making everything no drop will not fix your problem. They actually just revamped the turn in for the cleric epic and the overall epic itself along with other epics to not be mqable in an effort to stop people from doing what you are suggesting, which sort of does prove that it is a problem, but they can just as easily destroy the item if you won't pay for the loot rights. Everything being free trade means that anyone not interested in gouging clerics but that does play at wierd times (begurgle isn't camped anytime I've checked him, playing in Korea time zone) can pick one up and make it available on the market.

I think the RMT people are hard up for viable things to try and lock down, just keep not buying and they may very well move on. There's very little reason on this server to be doing transactions in vast quantities of plat or krono. Everything is common and easily obtainable.
    Hypatia likes this.
  8. Nickatropolis Augur

This post a whole bop.
  9. Xhartor Augur

Gimblox and Bergurgle being locked down by krono farmers is nothing new. Cleric 1.0 MQs were still selling for 3 krono on Mangler, which was on DoDh or PoR when nerfed MQing the epic.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I think anyone using "BoP" or "whisper" on these forums should get a 2-day forum vacation. ;)
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

It was clearly sarcasm.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The refined elite of Everquest would prefer that you use the proper EQ term when referring to mechanics that were invented elsewhere but also implemented here. That term is Attunable. You have been warned. :p
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

:D
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  14. Firesyde424 Journeyman

It sucks does it? Having the same exact people lock down Lord Berg and then charge ridiculous prices. And oh btw, they won't accept equivalent plat, krono only. That means someone, or a group of someones, is paying $90 for every crown drop on Mischief since the middle of last week.
  15. Gheed Is not reading your response

So on regular servers you have people that cry about selling loot rights and ask for things to not have no-drop tags.

Now on Mischief you have people that cry about people selling the items in the tunnel and ask for things to have no-drop tags.

c l o w n s