The free heroic toons we got ..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Whulfgar Augur

If we delete them. Do they go away? Or are they the kind that if we delete them we get them back?
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The first one they ever gave, if you delete it, it will not come back. The ones after that, will.

My info is second hand though and I never tested it, so maybe wait for confirmation.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Aye, can anyone confirm this ?
  4. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

When I went to delete a character that was heroic and would not give the heroic back I got a warning about it. I went to delete, and typed the name in. It then gave a warning saying something about permanently deleting the character but it would not give back a heroic slot. So there was a warning. I then said no and kept the toon as it was. This was a few months ago mind you, so I can’t verify if it still does this.
    Fanra and Whulfgar like this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This entry is based on when they first introduced Heroic Characters: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Heroic_Characters#Deleting

Heroic Characters

Deleting

The platinum, Bayle Marks, food and drink a Heroic Character starts with is a one-time offering, rewarded to the first character you create or upgrade using the feature. If you delete your character and make a new one, you will not receive these items again.

Purchased

If you purchase a Heroic Character for 3500 Station Cash (SC), if you ever delete a Heroic Character you'll have the option to create a new one. If you delete a Heroic Character you purchased, you'll have the option to create another Heroic Character. Only the first Heroic Character created after each purchase will start with platinum.

Promotional

During the free trial period, players can have one Heroic Character on their account without paying any Station Cash. If they try a class and decide they don't like it, they can delete it. They'll still be able to make another Heroic Character for free during the trial period. Every Heroic Character you create after the first won't start with platinum, so be a bit careful about deleting these.

After the trial period, if a player deletes their Heroic Character it works just like deleting ANY character on their account. It's just deleted. They won't get another free Heroic Character after 3/26/2014 (unless they offer these for free again in the future).
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Depends on when and how you got them and which one your referring to.

This has been discussed many times in the forums but most of the web pages are out of date and still confusing. If you search thru the forums you will find devs responding to this.

Bottom line is if its one of the original (2014) heroic that were given out and if you try to delete one of those you get a warning message. The only time this did not happen was when the no character deletions were working right. It was corrected.

The other heroics (paid or bought and most recent given out in 2020) can be remade as many times as one wishes.

Keep in mind you will not receive all the goodies from the first time the character was created.
    Niskin likes this.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I just want to note that the wording of this message indicates that there are Heroic slots that don't come back when you delete that character. Fanra's write-up doesn't seem to touch on that. I don't know if the thing about the first one not coming back is a rumor or true, but this implies that it could be true.

EDIT: I posted too slow, the previous post explains it.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I've deleted & remade Heroics a few times only ran into an issue once where I lost the upgrade one time - a petition to fix that was quickly sorted out by the GM.

I too have heard that the 1st Heroic that was given away was not able to be remade never deleted that one just in case.
  9. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

The exact text is Deleting "character name" WILL NOT increment your available heroic character count. Are you sure? To confirm, type in "character name"
    Skuz, Niskin and CatsPaws like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, the second part is the same warning you get when you try to delete any character. Character deletion is permanent which is why you have to physically type in the name again.

So your count will not increase. It does not count the one you have in the total count. Look on your character select screen it will show how many if any Heroic available you have.

So if it says you have 2 available and you delete that 1 you already made then it will not increase your 2 to 3. Or if you have 0 and delete that one it will not increase your count to 1

The original one (2014) could only be deleted and recreated during the two week initial offering. After that we can no longer delete/recreate that one. "If you delete a free character after the trial period, it acts like a normal character deletion."

However every other Heroic since then, be it purchased or given, can be deleted and re made.

If the warning is not enough then see if that character's birthday (/played) is after 2014.