Some Rare drop ites drops so much

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sycopata, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Sycopata Elder

I love random drop, but sems formula of random need a tweak, why some ites are continus droping , ruining the loot random effect, are not normal kill 15 king on lower guk and get 10 -3 Ac shourders? nex day kill 7 Lords on Guk and get 5 -3 ac shoulders? sems original drop rate of the item affects on how it drops in this random table, making some items extreme common, and i dont think this is the spirit of the random drop, why feels alwais droping the same kind of items, and just some time you get a new item drop.
  2. Gnomie Denser than most

This post hurt my head to read. Rare drops are still more rare chance than common drops are. It would screw the server up if FBSS and Yaks dropped every kill.
    HoodenShuklak, Skuz and Duder like this.
  3. c313 Augur

For a second there I thought this was that guy who used to RP an Ogre when making forum posts.... but its not :oops:
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  4. Sycopata Elder

Yes its ok more rare ites drop less, but there are alot of commond items in the table, but sems some common items are really dominating the drop rate.
  5. Sycopata Elder

For a second , there I thought this was that guy who used to RP an Ogre , when making forum posts... but its not.
  6. TheDohn Augur

The comma and the space bar should not be used interchangeably.
  7. Quik Augur

I mean the word common implies it is the item that drops most commonly. That's literally the definition of "common". Rare means that it drops only in a very few instances, that's what rare means.

A common drop might drop 20 times while the rare might drop anywhere from 1 in 10 to 1 in 100 depending on how rare it is.

Your original post was the example of exactly how common works. Some common items are even more common then others.

Also some mobs are at a certain lvl that they will have THE most dropped item for that lvl.

Also, RNG is RNG, and trust me, I hate this answer but it applies to me the most. I have the worst luck with good drops.
  8. Nowayout New Member

I think this is a bit of personal experience too. RNG here is pretty crazy as we've killed King in guk a ton (He was spawning a lot during the bonus) and only got 1 pair of those shoulders total.

I do agree some of the randomness doesn't seem that random in a confined experience. But overall going back to camps several times now I am seeing a pretty wide range of loot on some mobs. Of course I've had some of the same luck with getting 4x on one or two items in a session. You won't complain so much when that is FBSS' or whatever, haha.
  9. Celestian Elder

Haha! I was wondering if it was just us. We got about 5 of the blood stained shoulders last night!
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

The ogre monk guy?
  11. c313 Augur

Don't quite remember. Maybe he wasn't as popular as I thought, or I just really enjoyed his posts. When I used to frequent these forums often a few years back there was a guy who used to post every so often regarding in-game issues etc, but the way he posted was always as how the ingame Ogres would communicate.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When you have a server that focuses only on killing specific named & they only drop a few items you aren't going to see a large quantity of the non-elite loot, especially without free trade.

The design of the Random Loot system in conjuction with a Free Trade rule was always was going to mean that there was a huge amount of "not the best" loot floating around the server, the large number of players will almost guarantee that.

All you are seeing is the effect of RNG & of a massively wider range of named being farmed than is typical on TLP along with higher rare-mob spawn rates & what appears to be expanded loot table sizes, getting more than the usual amount of gear drops is new to this server too.
    The % chance to drop of each item will reflect the values every server has for those items, there was never any indication that was going to change.
  13. Elabone Augur

Im confused why in 2021 were mocking someone who probably speaks english as a second or third language. Like can we grow up?
    andross77 and Nykara2 like this.
  14. Meridian Augur

Amen. Especially when there are so many in game that haven't mastered English as a first language.
    andross77, Nykara2 and Elabone like this.
  15. Bowdeen Elder

16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Back on topic here.... with POP right around the corner isn't it time we address lev in Plane of fire now? Tired of people bypassing content and losing out on the content devs knew we would enjoy.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, that's him. I think his user name was "an_ogre_monk".
  18. Greasus Ogrejesus New Member

While leveling at "hamlord," I've seen more common Kedge loot than any other loot tables. My groups and I lost hope at having anything exciting drop. For all my time at that camp, the only "rare" was one Abalone Gorget. Thankfully, the Hole is proving better for loot drops...now, if only I can win a roll.
  19. wade_watts Augur

Maybe the term 'rare' should not apply to those items on mischief :)
  20. Larsen Augur

It's clear by now that loot is not 100% random. It doesn't just have a pool of items from all rares within that level range which it randomly selects for each drop. My observations tell me that when you kill a rare mob, it selects either a certain rare mob in the game, or possibly a certain zone, and gives you loot from that mob/zone. Like you kill Djarn and get four items from Kedge. No way that's a coincidence when it happens repeatedly. One time I killed ancient croc three times and all the drops (eight in total) were from froglok summoner's loot table. I still haven't figured out the exact mechanics, but there's definitely some quirk.

My best guess is that when you kill a rare mob, the game selects another zone that contains a rare mob in the same level bracket, and gives you any loot that can drop from any rare in that zone within the level range. Sometimes there'll only be one rare mob within the bracket in the zone that got picked, which is why ghoul lord so often drop several items from Cauldronboil's loot table.