Guild Plot Collectible Crate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Drakang Augur

It would be nice if we could get a storage Crate specifically for Collectibles that could be added to a guild plot and not count against the amount of items you can have in a guild hall. Ideally with different permissions so it could be set to let anybody add and remove items. Would make sharing collectibles amongst guild members alot easier. Guild bank does not have enough space to deal with collectibles.
    Fanra, Syylke_EMarr, Froglok and 3 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It would have to be pretty big. Right now I have 4 houses full of collectables and getting ready to set up a 5th.

So that's over 1200 collectables just in my little guild
  3. Maui New Member

1 house per expansion, share with all guild members done.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Froglok Augur

This is actually a great idea. I know quite a few Players that act as a focal point for all Collectibles for the entire Guild (since the Guild Bank is significantly smaller than a Players bank.

So what they do is buy plots on alts and fill them up with Collectibles. A Storage Crate for Collectibles only, would be a big help.

It would also hep that when you put things in houses, that stack, they would auto stack like they do in the Bank.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have a guild member designed landlord or janitor (just a token tittle) and they can go in and reenter the items so they all stack. (houses will allow all items to stack if the same player puts them in). Or my guild is set up for everyone to parcel collectables to one guild member and he puts them in the house - that way they auto stack. He uses that Deep Caverns Collectors Case to load them all up from parcel and run to the houses.

Not sure what the difference between a crate and a house would be? Many players are using the housing this way and may not want to pay extra
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

I set up multiple houses on my alts in the guild neighborhood for collectibles, spells, and tradeable gear. I gave the whole guild permission to take out whatever they need and put back anything they don't. No storage crate necessary.
  7. Froglok Augur

Collectibles are not Placeable and even Storage Crates / Plots / Houses have a limit on non-Placeable. A Collectible-only Crate would get around those limits, at least with the Crate part.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Use houses. Guild halls (the neighborhood hall and plot) should not be used as a storage system. The guild bank is already on a separate database (since you can access in the standard guild hall.

Many, many, many guilds can tell you horror stories about lost guild halls and the time and effort it takes to clear these up with customer service. I'm pretty sure customer service isn't going to want to deal with your list of missing collectibles from a guild hall with a list that days old from when the error occurred.

Use houses. There's an add on crate that you can get - Fearslayer Storage Crate (from Expert Hunter of RoF):
    Fearslayer's Storage Crate :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)

to add enough non-placeable storage for one house to cover each expansion's collects. Make it a guild event to earn them for folks.

Again, cannot stress enough the problems guilds have had with missing guild halls, bad actors, etc. Keep non-placeable storage far, far away from guild halls.
    CatsPaws and Skrab like this.
  9. Visitor Augur

I have a number of mains- separate accounts. Dec 2019 i made a new account F2P at the time to begin building collection mules, also made them wizards so i could PL em up in case I wanted the mains to have a ride (telebind). Each is named Alpha letter followed by a name to identify the expac. When we get the name of next expac i wil make a new mule there and begin Pl ing it to 76.
    While it contains for my mains to have when wanted, I do share out spares to guildies. Bonus Xp times enhance the value.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Each of my houses hold 300 collectables (non placeable), and the houses are rent free.

We have no way of knowing what they would have as the capacity of a collectable only crate. It would wind up like the HF key ring - and only holding 250 items or the HF suit consolidator which is useless.

The one Cragzop mentions, along with the Scalebreaker's Storage Crate hold 100 and 200 non placeables. But he is entirely correct in not using guild hall related storage. Esp since they have changed the parameter of guild hall ownership now.