Raiding Ruined on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AConcernedCitizen, Jun 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plowers Journeyman

In selos we had 1 month, no pinatas, and had it all barefoot in the snow.
  2. Hypatia New Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply and thank you for the best TLP launch ever.

You all did a great job in this community someone is always going to complain.

I personally wish nothing was changed on loot since launch save for out of era.

Stick to your guns DEVs you work hard getting the server ready for launch stand by your decisions and if people do not like it they can play on another server.
  3. Twizle Journeyman

this is an amazing server, compared to other games companies that leave it several months before making fixes, you do that in days please ignore the forum cry babies!!!!
    Ozon and Hypatia like this.
  4. Dailor Augur

I've got no dog in this race, but shoutout to Niente for speaking up and actually talking to the community. I think simply responding was a big reason why Dreamweaver was well received and it helps in these situations even if you don't have all the answers. We are all big idiots, and we exacerbate any perceived issues when you just let us scream at a wall.
    Skuz and Niskin like this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Your whole post was good, but I thought I'd emphasize this part.
    Skuz, Doranur_Aleguzzler and Triconix like this.
  6. Machen New Member

It sets the expectation. If you get 20 items per golem for a whole expansion, and then Kunark is back to 2-3 items per named, that's gonna create even more heartache than what we're seeing here.
    Nyvlag likes this.
  7. Nyvlag Elder

^ This. Unfortunately, I think we're now on the opposite end of the spectrum (which, admittedly, is where I was BEFORE the server launched) in that anything fun is just going to be reverted back to non-random for the sake of ease when "fixing" something that's obviously broken.
  8. Machen New Member

Yeah. And, unfortunately, I think this is a real problem. The dev team likely bit off more than they could chew with this. It's going to be very difficult for them to create new, working, randomized loot tables every 1-3 months (some of the later expansions will be far more work than classic eq is...) And then to constantly debug those into something that actually makes sense and accomplishes what they hope to accomplish.
  9. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

I agree and this is the biggest reason I am advocating for them to convert the servers to normal free trade TLP moving forward. Tons of people will still play and there will be dramatically less time needed to keep the servers moving forward in an acceptable fashion.
  10. Nyvlag Elder

Agree 100%.

At some point they're going to have to decide what level of "unbalanced" they are comfortable with and let things play out.

As we know; the forum complainers come out in droves to scream about even the slightest advantage to someone other than themselves... while the people who are happy, having fun, and chill about some things just being... random... aren't here. So I'm pretty sure we all know which crowd will be catered to. I hope I'm wrong but I'm trying to be realistic in expectations.
  11. Nyvlag Elder

I doubt I would be alone in requesting refunds on my bag, potion, and sub fees if they were to decide to cancel the primary promised feature of the server.
  12. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

As far as the raids are concerned, this has essentially already happened.
  13. Nyvlag Elder

Yes, and I'm already quite unhappy about that. Hence why some communication about the path forward would be lovely.

If they convert to no-random raids going forward, and only random group loot, then that's a level of personal introspection that I'll have to do. But having the way forward be nebulous, or having *ALL* of the loot returned to non-random, are both quite a bit different conversation.
  14. nagash101 Augur

Well that sucks, glad they nerfed it before the majority of the server had a chance at the fun. The Randomized loot on the group rares has been very fun.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think it's more realistic to think that they will keep the ruleset and do their best to deliver on it. How well they deliver, and whether that keeps people happy or not will be the question. It's still a TLP, so some people are going to bail by GoD and some people are going to stick around. How the randomization part goes probably has more to do with whether people jump to next year's TLP or not.

I forget which thread I said it in, but these are still the only Free-Trade-Loot TLPs, so they have that draw, regardless of how the randomization works out. Also, there is a new Test patch going up today. Not that you will be able to test anything Mischief/Thornblade related, but if changes are coming for them, they should be in the patch notes.
  16. Atomos Augur

For Sky in particular: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ormal-loot-no-randomness.275689/#post-4036674

For the golems: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...her-raid-mobs-not-random.275747/#post-4036673

I don't feel like Sky needed to be normal, the trash could've been pooled with fear/hate trash and the named could've been pooled with fear/hate named among others. The last couple Sky named could've been pooled with Gods/Dragons maybe.

It's clear they want raid loot to be randomized, there's just issues and they are taking time to fix. I understand why people want it fixed ASAP and that it's taking too long. But you really can do nothing but wait or do/play something else in the mean time.

Personally I'm going to work on tradeskills, joined a guild that I planned on getting to know, will start raiding this week so we can at least start working towards some raid items despite the randomness issues, been farming random zones/named and running around giving newbies items, and I know a lot of people are working on alts (there's a ton of twinks already), which I'm trying hard to refrain from. Other than that just working on music and am messing around with VR development.
  17. Magician9001 Augur

I'm more then willing to privately PM you with a list of suggestions for raid tiers for the next 3 expansions that would likely help you avoid things like Spite golems and minis that spawn in pick zones dropping Cloak of Flames.
  18. Atomos Augur

You should probably make a new thread for it so everyone can discuss it openly.
  19. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

I think it really comes down to personal experience. Does it ruin it for you?

I mean... how many people you have on your team putting in how many hours is a business decision too. If devs are too busy to address a bunch of stuff, even with good intent that I acknowledge you have, doesn't rule out the fact that the people would like another dev at the company it sounds like. If often we complain we're gonna get "we're busy" then we need to get more devs right? What's the company balance sheet like? Let's see what kind of wiggle room we got if we're gonna be real here.
  20. Captain Video Augur

Niente said:

Please remember that the enormous amount of negative feedback I'm seeing in this thread historically leads to more safe decisions for TLP rulesets that require less CS support, on-demand fixing and development time.

My interpretation:

Keep demanding more dev time and you'll actually get less dev time, and less (read: none anymore) experimentation on future TLP rulesets. If you want to make your own decisions on allocating developer resources, feel free to start your own company.

Is raiding really ruined on the new TLPs? I wouldn't think so. Once Kunark launches, some of the raid mobs which don't have any level pairs in Classic will gain them from Kunark. Complaints about such Classic mobs dropping out-of-era Kunark gear won't apply anymore.
  21. Nyvlag Elder

Is it ruined? No.
    Is it boring? Yes.
    Is it bog-standard TLP? Yes.

If I wanted bog-standard... I'd go play on Aradune. Or Mangler. Or any one of the many other options.

I don't believe this is an accurate representation of the ruleset. I believe it was clearly spelled out that there won't be cross expansion randomization. Kunark raids can only randomize with other Kunark raids. Now, this could also be a flawed interpretation, I fully admit that... but if we're rules lawyering I think that my interpretation follows the statements more closely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.