[Miscchief]Tradeskills over 200 Cap pre-kunark

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ketzerei84, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ketzerei84 Elder

2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

3. Captain Video Augur

Once one primary tradeskill is over 200, the others are capped until the AAs to unlock them become available, so yes.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Which skill did you raise over 200? The one skill >200 limit applies to primary tradeskills that all races/classes can do - baking, blacksmithing, brewing, fletching, jewel craft, pottery, tailoring. It does not apply to race or class specific tradeskills such as alchemy, poison making, tinkering. Spell research also does not count toward this limit.
  5. Ketzerei84 Elder

Was brewing, sat at 199 for 300 combines, so of course it went to 213 in the 2min I was afk to bio.
  6. Laronk Augur

Confirmed AFK gameplay!!!

:);)
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You can get ONE above 200. Then none above 200 until PoP and new tannan mastery aa. Always could get to 250 in classic in one skill, you just had to pick one. So since your brewing is 213, none of your other skills can go past 200.

Well, technically, not all the skills could get to 250 in the original game. I recall one being like 248 and one being like 245 or something back then (no recipes with higher value).
  8. Atomos Augur

Perhaps this is a good time to ask what I've been wanting to...
    Never really messed with tradeskills much aside from Alchemy and Fletching. Are the others worth it? Don't tradeskills become irrelevant at some point or not really?
    Will making a Shawl be easier in Velious on free trade? SHOULD I make a Shawl?
    Sorry for the hijack.
  9. Ebine Augur

Atmos depends on how long your planning on playing on this TLP.
    Research is needed for some raids I think for GoD
    Black smithing and tailoring are used to make cultural armor at some point
    PoP has a lot of items that can be made by a high lvl trade skilled person
    There is the shawl that you speak of then the shawl 2.0 and 3.0 aug
    There is Erons jewelry although if your in a raiding guild there is so much loot it isnt very good
    The artisan prize
    The Luclin earring items
    The PoP earring

For going over 200.
    If you were planning on max tradeskills at some point you can just start saving everything up. When pop comes you can do your aaxp and start the climb to 300 in the rest.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

They're worth it. Depends on how far you go. Shawl 1.0? Not really, unless you're a caster of sorts. Do it later. Shawl 2.0? Worth it. 3.0? Also worth it. Artisan's Prize? Worth it.

As for everything else? Your mileage may vary. The crafted armor, on TLP's, is really worth it from DoDH to TBS. Somewhat worth it in the UF era and beyond, for a jump on gear going into the new content. The top raid gear will always be better from UF onward though.

I suggest everyone going through TBM and beyond should at least get 300 in the main skills and racial/class for the AP aug. For being a money-maker? I've sold plenty of templates for Cultural/raid/group gear.. so it can still turn a profit.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I'd suggest waiting until PoR, for the easy trophy quests.. especially if not being a hardcore TSer
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

From the "only do tradeskills to gain stuff I can't buy from other players" perspective - I did them for shawl (Velious) and have done none at all since then (currently TSS era on Mangler).

You could do them for Signet of the Councilman if you feel like it (PoP, I skipped this on a cleric main since the same focus effect is available on elemental armor).

I'll pick them back up again shortly before Underfoot to prep for shawl 2.0.
  13. Atomos Augur

I don't really have any post-PoP experience, never knew there was a Shawl 2.0 much less 3.0!
    Thanks for all the replies, I was thinking of leveling them all to 200 for now to pass time until Kunark. Reckon I'll take tailoring to 250.
    I don't know how long I'll play Mischief. The expansion unlock time tends to be a bit too slow for me and I get bored. :\