Raiding Ruined on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AConcernedCitizen, Jun 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizzanomicon Augur

The average number of boomers that play eq that believe in conspiracy theories is probably terrifying xD.
    Ozon, Karreck, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kodachi Augur

More chaos = more fun. I don't care about any other aspect except maximum chaos.

The raids should reflect that.
  3. Atomos Augur

How do you know they didn't do any testing? If there are hundreds of mobs with changed loot pools, you expect them to go and test every single one? How were they supposed to know that the golem was the one that was going to be broken?

No one would test things like this in the first place, lol. The most you're going to get is just eyeball comparing itemIDs with poolIDs. Even a player testing would have just been them killing gods and dragons.

If anyone was expecting there to be 0 issues, that's unrealistic. I fully expect there to be at least 1 golem like issue in every expansion, probably more.

They should really have just toned the drops down instead of reverting the pool completely though. Really could care less about someone having more gear and Krono than me, but random loot is the point of the server.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Stop being their apologist. If you were going to test anything you would certainly test the raid zones in Classic, wouldn't you think?
  5. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

This is both the biggest failure and the greatest concern for the health of the server.

Given the limited resources available to Darkpaw, I think the best decision would be to just convert the servers to normal free trade for the future expansions. I appreciate that they tried to implement something new and fun but it ended up being very poorly done.
    Ketzerei84 likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If there are 27 raids that are not dropping the loot as expected why isn't there a bug thread about it? I have only seen a couple of encounters listed in threads that have issues.
  7. Nyvlag Elder

Realistically? Probably because they're changing these things willy nilly and it seems like the affected raids are differently broken in some new and interesting way every 3rd working day.
  8. Celestian Elder

You mean Gen-X, I doubt very many boomers play this type of game. It's pretty crazy the tinfoil hat things that have been going around since this game was released by my generation.

The anti-camp code in Najena (for jboots) was a really prominent one back in the day that "Everyone" believed.
    Karreck, Fallfyres and Skuz like this.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Why would we make a bug thread when Devs themselves are posting in threads like this stating they think things were changed because they weren't intended. What we NEED to know is what IS intended. The "learn as you go" thing was cute a month ago but I'd like to actually hear from whoever is in charge of randomization if this is the kind of thing we should expect going forward because the classic raiding was done extremely poorly.

All we have is the initial announcement post stating "Raids will drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.". Which WAS true for a little while for MOST encounters but has since been changed to be the default drop tables, either because they were never intended to be randomized or a partial band-aid fix until the tables can be fixed.

That we have had almost zero communication as to the "bugs" inherent with the randomization on this server (lets not forget group rares weren't randomized initially until forums erupted) is disappointing. But ultimately how do we even determine what is a bug and what is intended when the ruleset is so intentionally vague?
    Hypatia, Ions, Mithra and 6 others like this.
  10. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

Can we get some information on what is intended? Is randomized loot going to be reintroduced on the raid encounters it was removed from?
  11. Kylo Classic Augur

Is that really thier motto.
  12. niente Developer

Just going to say a few things that aren't directed at anyone in particular -

We are doing our best with the time we have. I am currently extremely busy and absolutely should not be on the forums posting.

I care and know the development team as a whole cares a lot about the randomized loot server being accurate, relatively bug-free, and fun for players. I don't think anyone (including the player community) was expecting a new server ruleset like this one to not have at least some issues. I am sorry that the issues we've had have been so disappointing.

As for how the randomization works and questions about intent of raid content, etc. - one of the interesting things about working on randomized loot was that everyone has a different definition of what random means. I'm not sure my personal opinion on this really matters, but I didn't want to tell players anything about how the server works - instead leaving it up to you to discover and figure out. I still feel that way.

I will try to respond to the bug forum threads with whether or not they are bugs. After working on EQ a few years, I've found that as time goes on, whether something is a bug or not can be vague. I will tell you Phinigel and Plane of Sky were not supposed to be randomized, however I wouldn't be surprised if in the future it was determined there was a good way to keep things balanced / fun and also allow them to be randomized. I am not personally able to decide what is/isn't randomized and what NPCs share loot tables, but I can try to give feedback for future expansions.

I also want to say I think creating the loot tables for this new server was a lot of work for design and wasn't likely to happen without some errors. We did test the randomized loot server internally as a team, playing in SolA, SolB, Permafrost, The Hole, and Plane of Fear. Please remember that the enormous amount of negative feedback I'm seeing in this thread historically leads to more safe decisions for TLP rulesets that require less CS support, on-demand fixing and development time.
    Raccoo, Ozon, Tweakfour17 and 13 others like this.
  13. Captain Video Augur

ROFLMAO. Heaven help those who struggle to relive the "Classic" experience without actually knowing how everything works.
  14. brickz Augur

The mischief ruleset is awesome and I hope you continue to support it and get it working for all the rest of the expansions
    Ozon, Sera and Skuz like this.
  15. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

You do a lot of great work for this game and we do appreciate it. A lot.

There is still a huge amount of work to be done and the lack of communication from Darkpaw has caused a lot of the negativity surrounding the new servers. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
  16. Nyvlag Elder

Look, Niente... All of us want this to succeed. A lot of us are having A LOT of fun with it. But having the main selling point of the server, randomized loot, constantly and consistently rolled back to being bog-standard normal classic loot... is really frustrating.

I get why y'all didn't randomize sky. I don't agree with it, but I get it. I get why you didn't randomize Phinny. I sort of agree with it but also sort of don't.

But if we're now rolling back Hate and Fear to be normal, what's next?

Is Trak going to not be randomized?

Chardok Royals? (apparently these aren't rare flagged)

VP?

VT?

Plane of Time?
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I for one want to applaud the team taking the risk on this ruleset - even though I have zero intention of ever playing on it I recognise the importance of changing things up and keeping them interesting with the limited tools the team has to do that.

I think players just hate change, give them a set of circumstances & then change it they get upset and start clamouring for less "moving the goalposts" even on a highly experimental server ruleset that they really should expect there to be some problems with and changes to it needed.

Devs & Coders are people too & I know they do pour their heart into what they do with the game and while players tempering their responses & feedback with that in mind would be good their passion for the game is what drives a lot of the reaction - both good & bad.
  18. theonepercent Augur

Not rares or raid mobs, don't expect anything there.
  19. Nyvlag Elder

I thought Queen and King were flagged rare? I could be mis-remembering. It happens. Gettin old.

My point still stands though. Where is the line? Can we just expect all raids to stop being random?
  20. KrakenReality Augur

What? Every post I’ve seen here and other platforms has been insanely positive towards the changes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.