Raiding Ruined on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AConcernedCitizen, Jun 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AConcernedCitizen New Member

It is my understanding that the plane of fear golems were being exploited open world via the pick system. However, our guild just did our weekly plane of fear DZ and after killing all 3 golems (Fright, Dread, and Terror) we received a total of 1 ball of everliving golem and nothing else from these 3 bosses. We also did some plane of hate minis and it appeared there was no random loot there anymore either. If this server is random loot does the "random" now mean you randomly don't get anything a lot of the time from raid encounters? Is it Darkpaw's intention that we won't raid on this server in classic? The early to exploit zerg gets several expansions worth of gear and now everyone else gets nothing? I really don't understand how someone thought this would be an acceptable change.
    Hypatia and Nickatropolis like this.
  2. Mithra Augur

That sounds like standard loot from those mobs.
  3. Kylo Classic Augur

I cry real tears.
  4. Baulkin Augur

So wait, we let a guild exploit it for 1/4 of classic THEN "fix" it?
  5. Spooky Augur

The dev is in Faceless. It is known.
  6. Quasimojo Elder

It basically *IS* open sourced. Not hard to find. Knock yourself out.
    MustardonWatermelon likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Definition of mischievous
    1: HARMFUL, INJURIOUS
    mischievous gossip
    2a: able or tending to cause annoyance, trouble, or minor injury
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

It's been proven many times over the life of EQ that "top tier" guilds have a dev or GM on their roster. Once a new expansion has been farmed out, i.e., every member is geared up, that content drop ratio gets nerfed. Like clockwork. I remember at least one GM getting fired for doing favors behind the scenes for his guild many years back. Other games have had more scandals, but EQ has never been free of them.
  9. Xzugh New Member

Kunark is going to be a mess. Classic is probably relatively straight forward to "randomize" as opposed to Kunark with all the different mobs and out of era loot. I think daybreak should just define what the mischief experience is and hold true to that rather than reverting much of the content back to another phinny clone.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You would absolutely expect for there to be several if not all devs playing the game & a few are bound to be in top tier guilds.

No matter who is playing where, there is a process for dealing with problems and a schedule for doing the work required. Even a very low level understanding of gaming design teams will innoculate you against this kind of conspiracy theory thinking - if bugs are found by devs while playing they go in the pipeline, it can take a few days or weeks for them to get fixed, they don't purposely wait until their guild is geared out before the fixes are put in, that would simply be unethical and they would lose faith with the rest of their team to do so.

Correlation does not equate to causation, put your tinfoil hat down.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

A dev in Faceless is problematic on several fronts.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Why?
  13. niente Developer

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that farming 2 fear golems with no MotM that spawn in pickzones every hour for potentially 3x dragon loot is probably not intended. If there was a developer in Faceless, it probably would have been fixed a lot faster.

I don't really think the fear golems having randomized loot was an issue, but spawning in pickzones made it an issue.
    Defjam, code-zero, klanderso and 5 others like this.
  14. Mrjon3s Augur

Just pop MoTM on them and problem would have been solved though.
    Xanathol and Ions like this.
  15. wade_watts Augur

yeah.. seems unfortunate to let the top guild exploit and gorge themselves w/ gear and then nerf it afterwards when the rest of the folks can finally get there. I assumed the loot was partially intentional given the very compressed classic timeline. I guess it's the perks of being first, locking other guilds out via poor tactics like training, and being willing to exploit mechanics to get an advantage.
    Nickatropolis and Spooky like this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm not going to spell it out. I don't want a forum vacation.
  17. Baulkin Augur

Turning MOTM onto all golems seems like a good compromise
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If they can't fix it fast enough they shouldn't fix it at all?
  19. Spooky Augur

The problem is you allowed this to occur for over a week, and then closed the gate after one guild exploited it and did not punish them. This is nothing new, it's a pattern that has repeated numerous times on TLPs. You can't justify unjust decisions by saying it was not intended. Fix it for the next server; it's too far gone.

More importantly, the "fix" apparently broke all loot on them and reportedly in Hate as well. Whatever was done needs to be reverted and fixed properly, if you're hellbent on giving advantages to those whose motto is "EXPLOIT EARLY, EXPLOIT OFTEN" precisely because of your unfair treatment of your customers.
    wade_watts likes this.
  20. Spooky Augur

Correct.

Imagine votes were counting as double for the first 3 hours of an election. Then you fix the problem but don't remove the extra votes early on. Same thing. Fix it for the next election, but leave this one alone, if you care about integrity.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.