looking for ...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Visage of Queen Pyrilonis
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Do you have something against useful thread titles?

This isn't the first time.
    Duder, Yinla, Stymie and 3 others like this.
  3. Axxius Augur

An intentionally vague title designed to make you curious and look. If it said right away what he was looking for, you wouldn't even open it unless you had that item for him.

EQ forums have very little traffic compared to some other games. This kind of annoying posting type is new here. But it won't take long before everybody will start ignoring that poster, or any posts with titles like that.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I do think he has higher chance of finding an actual seller with 'WTB Visage of Queen Pyrilonis for 5 Krono' in the subject line.

Though, buy/sell threads should be posted sparingly in General Gameplay until a CM opens a trade sub forum.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

In reality it makes one look foolish and lazy.
    Act of Valor likes this.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Then how would you like me to put the title ?

who the f are you to tell me how to do my post.

if you don't like it, dont reply to it.

I am looking for.. the item name.. how basic is that to the point?

How do I ignore YOU?

Moderator, how come you don't look at replies and clean them up?
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The best way to deal with people that we find disagreeable is to scroll on. If that doesn't work, click on their profile (avatar to the left) and press Ignore. Age-old internet rules.

No point for either side to pile on. Let certain threads die. We are grown adults. We cannot discern the place from which a person comes from (foreign country, certain habits, poorly expressed idea, etc). Even if a substantive point is disagreeable, the same rules above applies. Report spam or trolling, of course.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

To be honest, all of you are basically trolling my thread.

No one has offered anything but negative and bashing me. Is life that bad to you that you have to come here to bash me on the thread looking for an illusion?

you failed to answer my question, instead derailed the thread into a topic of ignoring me.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You have my sympathetic ear (at least until I was referred to as an "azz" in the other thread). I had a poorly worded thread that was "piled on" a few weeks ago.

Many have asked you repeatedly but politely (granted, not in all instances) to be more specific in your subject lines. If you want to refuse to heed their advice (an impasse), I do think it is in everyone's best interest to ignore (your own admonition), move on, and break the cycle of non-constructive feedback. (And really, who cares who ignores anyone on a fairly anonymous internet forum).

This is my last post for you. Goodluck.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not sure why this illusion would be worth 5 krono. I would think something like Aspect of the Brood would be worth about that, with this going for far less.

As for Veteran Beta Tester's post titles, I look at them like heritage crates...you never know what is inside until you open them up.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

Plus once you've opened both you're simultaneously a little bit sad and disappointed.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Just to stay on topic, I do not have the visage to sell

BUT I had to say that was humerous Shaden, thank you.
  14. Tucoh Augur

15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Yes Skuz, I liked your post :)