Next Hardcore Heritage zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They seem to have a gap in hardcore heritage zones. I think it would be nice to see them return.

So that they have done these zones:

Cazic Thule and Blackburrow - level 75-80
    Lower Guk and Unrest - level 80-85
    Crushbone and Permafrost - level 85-90 (one minute and one full raid event)
    Mistmoore and Nagafen Lair - level 95-100 (one full raid event)
    Sebilis - level 105 (one full raid event)

I’d love to see them do two zones aimed at level 110-115 characters. If they want to stick to classic content I think Kedge Keep would be a cool zone to do with a Phinigel mini raid. I know most people hate underwater zones but I think kedge would be fine. In Kunark I think Karnors or Howling Stones are other good picks. Could make Venril Sathir a full raid event and Drusella Sathir a mini raid event. In Velious I think Velketors could be a good zone with Velketor as a full raid event and Lord Bob as a mini raid event.

If they wanted to look beyond the first few expansions I think Plane of Fire or Bastion of Thunder in PoP would be great zones to update to 115. There are plenty of full and mini raid target options in these zones. Beyond that I think Riftseekers Sanctum from OoW would be really cool to see updated, it also offers 4 raid events, 2 mini in Feratha and Chaliak, and two full in King and Queen. Even more modern I think Frostcrypt and Ashengate would be cool to see updated.

What zones do you think could be cool to see with hardcore heritage.
  2. Cicelee Augur

AK Anon. All gnomes must die.
    Iven and Skuz like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

City of Mist.

For some reason I feel nostalgic about that zone.

Maybe it was all the wipes when I tried to complete the brainbite quest. :)
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Runnyeye
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Velks or Dragon Necropolis
  6. Szilent Augur

those have real high level versions.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Karnor's Castle. I want trains to be mainstream again.
  8. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

Toxxulia forest, but it's always night and everyone who zones in is stuck with Erudite vision. The spiders have social agro and help from range 1000. Welcome to newbie hell.
    minimind likes this.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Hmm I'd think something like Crypt of Dalnir, since it is often skipped over sans enchanter epic and some iksar quests on TLP's (which wouldn't be impacted at all).

Rathe Mountians would also prove ample locations for multiple groups and be the first real outdoor HH zone (ok ok Crushbone and Unrest are "outdoors" but you know what I mean). With no specific raid event tied to the zone, it opens up the possibility for the creative tea, to go wild..

Timorous Deep. Another fully outdoor area, not widely used. Lots of locations for camp setups that won't cross each other. Oasis can be used for the raid event location and not interrupt the zone.

Ssraeshza Temple would be able to support a ton of groups at different locations and five raid events to pick from. Even if is was isolated to Emp for a single raid event, the others could be used as "mini" bosses within the zone for some good drops.

Twilight Sea and Scarlet Desert. TONS of nameds. Loads of spots to support groups w/o interfering w/ each other. Barely used, even on TLP's aside from hunter achievements, VT key, and Epic 1.5/2.0's later on. Maybe a Shield of Bane warding or two. (I keep mentioning TLP's, not that this would impact them at all, simply that TLP's give a good example of zone popularity/use vs original release, when we knew very little about zones/drops/nameds, etc..)

I skipped Velious because.. the last few expansions have all been Velious. The Kunark zones, I mentioned were not part of EoK/RoS.
    Skuz and minimind like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That depends on how many newbies there are ;)

One of my favorite EQ memories was during my first few months, when they opened up a new server (Tholuxe Paells, or something like that). A buddy and I decided to roll a new char on the server, just to get the taste of what it was like. We rolled Erudites, and started in Toxx. There were so many newbie chars in the zone, that no mob survived more than 4-5 seconds after spawning. It was hilarious at first, and just turned into a giant who-can-find-and-camp-the-spawn-spot game.
  11. Barbwarrior Augur

Do they actually have resources to continue this?
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

We got GMM a couple years ago, and that was an entirely new zone. I'm pretty sure they can handle a new HH zone every few years.
    Svann2 likes this.
  13. Stymie Pendragon

Train right! :)
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Your right or my right?!?!
    Stymie likes this.
  15. Stymie Pendragon

If you are in the zone already and heading out we all share the same right. Same as driving in the US.

This reminds me of a discussion I had a long time ago. :)
  16. Zarkdon Augur

CoM would be amazing.

Id even settle for some cool high level missions in old outdoor zones.

Maybe protect a wagon train of platinum from hill giants. It would explain why they have so much platinum.
  17. Poppinfresh Elder

I would love to see a hardcore version of the Hole. It would need a lot more named mobs though, and maybe "Grandmaster Yael" as a raid target. I'd keep the regular Hole active as well - change the underwater door to a confirmation box (regular Hole vs. HH Hole), and keep it to where YOLOing off the Paineel ledge puts people at the bottom of the regular Hole.
    Endorek and Skuz like this.
  18. Iven the Lunatic

Hardcore Heritage is a great thing ! Their current main purpose by the players is to staff their alts with its loot. I wish this could be made easier with a new QoL feature: Make some or all No Drop items tradeable within an account. The shared bank slots would be the most suitable for this.

To my fellow players...
    the HH zoned do follow a pattern and there are some requirements for zones to fit into it:
    • It started with classic EQ zones and the HH progress is currently active in the Ruins of Kunark.So no more classic zones for now maybe and it might take a while until a SoV HH zone will appear.
    • The zones were all very popular in their original state during the vanilla years and the idea behind it seems to be that of the TLP servers: Nostalgia for old players who could relive some memories.
    • The zones contain alot named mobs with good loot
    • NPC mobs are undercons by about 3-5 levels so the zones are challenging (hardcore).
    • The zones are all dungeons
    For the Ruins of Kunark HH Karnor's Castle is a must have. It was even more popular than Old Sebilis because of its easier access. Zones like Crypt of Dalnir and Timorous Deep were unpopular or outdoor zones so they do not match to the pattern.

RoK dungeons that match the current pattern at most are highlighted:
    • Chardok
    • City of Mist
    • Crypt of Dalnir
    • Howling Stones
    • Kaesora
    • Karnor's Castle
    • Kurn's Tower
    • Mines of Nurga
    • Old Sebilis
    • Temple of Droga
    • Veeshan's Peak
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

FYI:
    Estate of Unrest is not a dungeon. It is an outdoor zone.
    Blackburrow is not a dungeon. It is an outdoor zone.
    Mistmoore is not a dungeon. It is an outdoor zone.
    Crushbone is not a dungeon. It is an outdoor zone.
    Cazic-thule is not a dungeon. It is an outdoor zone.

Granted, these all have "dungeons" or buildings that can be explored within, but the zones are all outdoor zones.

That being said: Karnor's Castle and City of Mist does not meet your requirements, as they are outdoor zones.

RoS brought: Howling Stones, Veeshan's Peak, The Overthere, and Skyfire Mts..
    EoK brought: Chardok, Frontier Mts., Burning Woods (Scorched woods) and Droga.
    EoK also brought the Old Seb HH.

There's no real "pattern" to HH zones, other than mob population and developer choice. There's tons of OG zones that were popular and not included. Where's Sol A? Where's HHK/HHP? Where's Splitpaw? Where's Runnyeye? Where's Najena?

As for what expansions are "active" The only real reason, I assume, that Old Seb was added was because it was during EoK. That being said, there's nothing say that a given expansions must be excluded for any reason.

In my post, for example, I avoided Velious, simply because the current content is Velious themed. Additionally, I excluded zones from EoK/RoS simply because those are Kunark zones that had a "relatively recent" revisit.
  20. Barbwarrior Augur

Gmm was like 8 years late zone and they had more staff even two years ago?
    Yinla likes this.