Not A Bug Duration focus on back items does not extend spells for a fixed amount

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Evurkvest, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Evurkvest Augur

Dreams of Velious

Slot 1: Increase Spell Duration by 35%
    Slot 2: Limit Max Level: 120 (Lose 5% per Level)
    Slot 4: Limit Effect: Exclude Donals Heal
    Slot 5: Limit Effect: Exclude Invulnerability
    Slot 6: Limit Min Duration: 24s
    Slot 7: Limit Effect: Exclude Assist Radius
    Slot 8: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills

In Game Description: Increases the duration of spells by 35%. This bonus will decay on spells over level 120.

From the looks of it the above focus should extend spells with a fixed amount of 35%. However it adds duration in a somewhat random length.

Example: The nec spell Septic Wounds is extended by 1 to 5 ticks from the above focus.
    Duder likes this.
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I do not fully understand the inner workings of enhanced decay AA because it came in to play while I was away and Auto grant AA has given me the ability to not have to read what they do but I thought it removed the duration on dots and converted it to damage in its original time frame.

However wounds line lasts 1:54 seconds? 35 percent is 45 seconds?
  3. niente Developer

I don't like how it works but unfortunately it is not a bug (detrimental focus extensions are random).
  4. Zanarnar Augur

display error then? It should say "up to 35%" :)
    Svann2 likes this.
  5. Evurkvest Augur

Is it this way with the detrimental spells due to some quirks with the coding or is it intentional?

If its the later i would much rather see a fixed duration even if it was a lesser duration extension.
    menown likes this.