Mischief has 2-3x more people than Thornblade - can xfer?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rapala, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Demetri Augur

Abjectly false - last night when I was checking general channels - we were at over 1200 at Thursday primetime, in the long XP bonus weekend fatigue period still.

And everyone knows that general tends to reflect a fraction of the population. But even assuming 100%, your number is drastically flawed.
  2. Demetri Augur

LOL, heck, right now at FAAAAAAR from primetime at noon EST (or morning PST!) it's almost at 700 for general channels on Thornblade.

700 primetime, lol.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

How is that a downside of a bonus exp weekend? People are higher level than they would have been. There are no impending bonus weekends coming, so no further changes in behavior should be happening from them. A leisurely pace should ensure more people across more level ranges.

I will say the sub-20 range looks a little light this early on, except for the popular zones, but that's probably just Thornblade. Mischief is likely a little more packed, which is fine for me and why I chose the overflow server. I can at least get camps, except Gorge of King Xorbb which I wanted to hit but it was too busy to get a camp that I could handle at my level, but not busy enough to spawn a pick. I'll check that again on Saturday.
  4. Demetri Augur

Just meant for those that want all X-X+9 ranges well accounted for - the lower ones get decimated a bit by such, like the OP elicited. Not saying it's not a good thing, just for this specific metric, just that it skews the dataset.

TL;DR if the OP wanted to complain about the L1-10 and L11-20 brackets being lighter than expected - right after a 4 day XP bonus weekend wasn't a sensible time.
  5. Demetri Augur

And second post just because I'm now just reading the other part... never been a Gorge person - it seems shocking to me that it's popular....
  6. Rapala Journeyman

Right now on thornblade:
    General = 395
    General2= 14
    General3= 5

400 != 700

Last night at 7pm PST there were 400 in General and 250 in General2.
  7. Rapala Journeyman

Last night 7pm PST
    400 in General
    250 in General2

I was on for hours too, and never more than 55 ppl lfg (all levels), where mischief hit 140 lfg with more than double the people/picks in lguk.
  8. Rapala Journeyman

It's about all level ranges, mischief has nearly triple the # of lfg players across all ranges at any given time.
    Trey likes this.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Got it, I misunderstood what you meant. TL;DR helped. :)

Yeah I was surprised too, it's probably good exp for that level range if you are over by Qeynos. Runnyeye being the only alternative. Everything else is the broadly huge plains of Karana where mobs are sparse and Cyclops and Hill Giants plague your existence.

If there is a General2, then there is a General and a General1. If you end up in General3, then General2 can't be less than max or it would put you in it. Unless I'm misunderstanding how they handle those. I'll have to login and try to get into the channels to check manually, but 14 in 2 and 5 in 3 makes no sense. Plus, again, if there is 2 and 3, then there is 0 and 1 already, with zero being the non-numbered one.
  10. Rapala Journeyman

General1 = 275

People manually join multiple general channels, thats why you have 3,4,5,etc when 2 is not full. And why the argument "not all people join general channels so you can be assured there are more on the server than in general channels" can also be stated as "some people join multiple general channels, so you can be assured there are less people on the server than in general channels".
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Not questioning it since I trust you wouldn't make that up, but it does seem odd that it would just add people to the highest numbered General channel rather than checking them in order to find an opening. I will say that the number of people that don't join General is likely higher than the number of people who join more than one, but there's no way to know that for sure.
  12. Demetri Augur

Just ran LIST through my parser - accounting for double joining people, the current:
    Gen: 397
    Gen1: 268
    Gen2: 13

Numbers turn into 602 individual accounts connected. So yea, some are double joining - not a ton though.

And while, yes, I'm sure some people manually join Gen1-2 - no one does it for 3+ there's no discussion or selling in above 3, so no value in it. Those are just folks that autopopulated and didn't log off.

And regardless, typical estimates people have done in the past for those that join general are around 1/2 to 1/3 of players. No idea on the veracity of such estimates, but often such estimates don't get disagreement here, so seems well accepted.
  13. Demetri Augur

Kerra Ridge! Kill those cats mein fruende!

Gotta love easy mobs with zero runners!
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I actually thought about going there because with a Mage/Wizard duo you don't have to worry about healers if they're dead in a couple nukes. It's been so long since I've been there, did the Paw of Opalla quest back in the first year of launch, and only went back once after that.
  15. Zansobar Augur

I would prefer they implement an actual auction house and not the half-baked bazaar. Just charge a small transaction fee, say 1% on every sale to help move money out of the economy.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

So you can't actually join multiple General channels at once, I just tried.

You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels.

Was initially in General2 with 95 people as channel 1. Tried to /join General, got the too full messages and it put me in General2 on channel 2. Can do that over and over again, but it's the same channel.

Tried to join General1 and got the message above. Left General2 on channels 1 and 2. Tried to join General1, got in with a count of 398. Left and did it again, got in with a count of 399.

So a channel can drop below 400, but the next person that tries to join gets in, in the order of General, General1, General2, etc.

It literally says: Channel General was too full to join

So I stick by my original assessment, with one caveat. If you just freshly joined General and end up in 1,2 ,3, etc. then assuming the previous channels are full at 400 is correct.
  17. Machen New Member

You can join General when already in General1, 2, etc. as long as it is not full. I did it last night.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's not letting me do it today. Was going to post some screenshots but didn't have time to make them. Will try this again on Saturday and try to gather some data. It does look like it's working on my end, but it's joining you to the same channel as the next incremental channel number. Even the counts are the same. Maybe there are some scenarios that work and some that don't and I only tried the ones that don't.
  19. Machen New Member

I just tried now. If you are trying to join a channel that's full, it will give you that message. If you are trying to join a channel that's not capped at 400, it will let you join. Took me a few tries to get into main General, but I am right now in General, General2, General3, and General4.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

No picks this morning in Sro on Mischief.

Dead server.