Alchemy on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aindriuc, Jun 4, 2021.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hi everyone,

I am leveling my shaman to 25 and making progress. I want to start alchemy. How much of an investment would it take to get trivial at the basic Greater Concentration, Invis Vs Undead, and SoW potions? What is the strategy to levelling up Alchemy on a TLP?

Thanks in advance :)
  2. Inictus Elder

3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Time & money - generally speaking the more of one you have the less of the other that you need.

Greater Concentration Potions are a great way to raise your skill, however be aware many of the TLP recipes are removed from the game once TSS unlocks - at which point you will only have Live recipes active.
    How much will it cost? Can't say I made any notes of how much I spent to skill up from 21-244 using them but the storebought parts are not expensive to buy, you'll just go through a whole lot of them in the process, actually getting potions instead of fails starts to gets noticeably better around 120 skill.

Alchemy Mod items:
    Grandmaster's Medicine Bag. Range,Primary,Secondary,Ammo, +5% (SoV - Crafted)
    Philosopher's Stone. Secondary, +10% (SoL - Grieg's End - Alchemist Valrona) *No longer Drops*
    Umbracite Swarm Orb. Range, +15% (SoL - Vex Thal - Diabo Xi Va Temariel)
    Geerlok Alchemy Set. Primary, +5% (LoY -Tinkered)
    Alchemist Trophy. Primary,Secondary,Ammo, 1% to 15% Evolving item series (PoR- Quested)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Another thing to do to help increase your successful combines and skill ups, get your WIS as high as possible. Any gear in any slot to maximize this, even if it's just to wear while doing alchemy, is worth it.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

Its thornblade/mischief im hoping stuff like this that no longer drops makes it in.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Well, none of the things he listed will be in the game for a long time anyways. In the Old Days™, we stacked WIS when doing most tradeskills on a shaman, or any class that has a primary stat of wisdom. For robe casters it was stacking INT for most tradeskills. For everybody else, whichever you cold get higher. I think smithing is the only tradeskill that utilizes STR and MAYBE DEX.

EDIT: I meant to say they will not be on the new TLP servers for a long time.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It was removed after a revamp of the Zone AFAIK it does not appear on TLP as those use the revamped Grieg's End rather than the original.
  8. Captain Video Augur

Nope. TLPs use the same codebase as Live. They don't magically revert to older versions of various zones; in many cases they couldn't even if they wanted to, because the original code does not survive.
  9. Machen New Member

In most cases they do, though. Except the zones where the geometry has changed. The mobs almost invariably are the earlier versions, in revamped zones, early on in TLP's.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  10. aindriuc Elder

Hi all,

I started burning through money to raise alchemy today. One trick you can use is Ctrl+Click the medicine bag, select the recipe and hit "Make All". I had done 1k of them manually and painfully, before I found this trick to batch produce.

Another tip is you have to make a barbarian shaman and run him to Sven and Guri in Everfrost. I originally had an Ogre and you can't get these herbs in the ogre place. Making the level 1 barbarian shaman and getting him to purchase will reduce the cost of your per item expenditure - as shaman barbarians are more liked with the vendor it seems. Fortunately, a 50 shaman was there and buffed me with a high level charisma buff to get cheaper potions. This is like an hour buff. So, I just run my second account to the place and trade with this level 1 shaman with charisma buff that is logged there and buy the herbs, transfer it back, and log him out. The buff then will last longer, given that the exchange only takes 2 minutes. I also saw some people with some charisma steins there too, which is another idea.

My wisdom is at 102, which is pretty low. I didn't buy any wis gear as it is expensive. I figured the krono or two I would spend decking out in wis gear, I could just use to offset the leveling up and extra failed combines of having too low wisdom.

Here are some values:
    Guild master :- 21 skill
    21-91 skill Spent 800 combines and got 38 pots
    91-136 skill Spent 1k combines and got 32 more pots
    136-177 skill spent 1.4k combines and got 370 more pots

I now have a load of pots to go sell. The higher you get to the trivial value, the more pots you can make. It costs about 1 pp per combine, a little less if you have a barbarian shaman, and less still with charisma boosted.

I'm hoping to keep going and get my expenditures refunded by selling greater concentration pots. Once I hit trivial I hope there will be less failed attempts, and I can make more money.

If anyone has any more tips, do feel free to add them here ! :)

I know it's a trial and error process sometimes.
    Fallfyres likes this.