am i too late?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by drboob, Jun 2, 2021.

1. drboob New Member

I want to convert from wow classic to eq. I realized yesterday that those new servers started, what, a week ago?

I've never played eq, but I want to. will i still be able to find people to group with or will i be left for dead?
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

No, get a sub and get going. You don't need to buy the game so the absolute worse case is you spend $15 for a 1-month sub. We spent more than that on lunch today and I can assure you that you will enjoy EQ more than I did my Taco Bell experience.
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Zarkdon Augur

Wait for Kunark and make an Iksar. They are the gods chosen people. Death to softskins.
    Ozon likes this.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

With a forum handle like that, I'm sure people will line up to help ya out. Your gonna fit right in.
    Stymie likes this.
  5. Elskidor Augur

Plenty raced to 50 but the mass majority is still leveling. Even those who already hit cap are likely making alts to level again. You're fine and will be for a bit. I showed up 7 months late to a TLP and groups were still all over the place, especially in the hot spot leveling paths. Be up front about being new so people don't expect a pro and join a guild. Lots of folks will jump at the opportunity to help you out.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

The Tier`Dal are the one true race, but I can respect your thinking. I may keep you as my pet after the great purge.
  7. Tucoh Augur

No. The tlp is time gated so you've got plenty of time to level up before the next expansion.
  8. Quik Augur

I would recommend Aradune since we are only on LoY expansion.

It gives you Iksar as a racial option and Bst's as a class option which is the whole reason I started here instead of waiting for Mischief.

Classic is fine but for me it is also pretty boring for the most part. Aradune has everything open that I want and Zerkers will be open Sept which gives me plenty of time to get my Shaman and SK where I want them and then I can gear out a zerker like crazy and PL him with my Shaman and have a blast lvling him.

If you happen to try Aradune, all my toon's names start with Kwik or Quik, just send me a tell and I will be happy to give you a boost to get you going.

I plan on lvling a new druid to 50ish here soon so if you happen to start here his name is Quikport and I would be happy to get ya grouped and lvled and even halfway decently geared. Look for anyone with those names I mentioned earlier though and I will help get ya going.