Plate Helm can't augment

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sippycup, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Cleric Helm
    Ultor's Helm of Faith

Plate Elemental Tranquility Armor.
    Is obviously Plate armor as with the other pieces, yet I can't equip a Millin's Halfling Plate Helm Ornament.
    Can these older armor sets be updated to accept the new visible Ornaments Please
    Trebla7th, Stymie, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

PoP armor appearance doesn't always match the class, was one of the quirky design things back then. Likely not a bug, as there is precedence, but maybe its unintended. It's marked as cloth.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=18165
    Appearance:Cloth
  3. Froglok Augur

I had a similar issue. It turned out to be where I was clicking the ornament on the ornament slot. I had to click at the very edge / bottom of the slot to get it to go in the slot.
  4. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Ya I've experienced the same issue on some augs where I had to click the bottom right of the slot to get it in. But this is not the same problem. The armor is clearly intended to be Plate, it even is clearly described as Plate in the Quest. The Ornament is for Plate but doesn't go in. I get an error message saying its incompatible. I was hoping a Dev. would update the item so I can use the Ornament
  5. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Ya this is obviously a mistake and has been overlooked for years. Now that Ornaments have become a popular cash cow for DarkPaw, they should update some of these items. The quest is labeled for PLATE. Every item has Plate appearance. Even the Helm shows a Full Plate Coverage of Plate. It can't be denied. Ultor's Helm of Faith :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com) Can we get a Dev. to update this item Please.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have seen this on 2 head items, The Circlet of Umbra would not take any HF slot 21 augs. I can't remember the other one offhand but it was a higher level helmet.

Edit threw a "like" on your first post since this looks like a bug to me
  7. Zanarnar Augur

I forget, but do those helms show up when you equip them, or are they invisible? I swear they tagged all the ones that don't have an appearance when worn as "cloth". I think this falls under that case. I'm not sure its a bug but rather an intentional design decision at that time.
  8. NinjutsuMMO Augur

I spent 200.00 bucks on the gold armour ornament and I can’t equip it in my chain helm from plane of time..
    It’s labeled as a chain coif with a chain graphic in the item window...

Would have never spent so much money on the ornament set if I couldn’t use it all...

I messaged a dev recently about it and they didn’t reply to me...

Won’t ever buy any more ornament packages again unless it gets fixed
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The issue is not the Hero's Forge item - it is with the helmet. Just use a different helmet
  10. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Do you really want to use a different helmet tho ? ... Lets say your current Helm is from Plane of Time and you can't equip the ornament, and your saying use a different Helm. Ya I could make a Plate Helm with no stats and equip it np, but do I want to lose 200+ Mana / HPs and stats ????
  11. NinjutsuMMO Augur

that's like saying if i purchased a collectors edition expansion pack for the bards speed mount that isn't working and runs slow i should just equip a faster one.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I gave up my Circlet of Umbra back in the day when I wanted the other look. I have since grown out of the Circlet and it is no longer a problem as HF aug fits in all the helmets I have had since
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Apples and oranges - The difference is you bought an appearance item which you can use but just with a different helmet. You should outgrown the POT one soon.

Or just stick cloth helmet on your head and wear it that way. Cloth armor is cheap and every one can wear it.

What, you guys on the TLP server?
  14. Trebla7th Augur

Regardless of if you can work around this by wearing a different helmet... it still seems like a bug. And it's particularly widespread. When I got my Elemental Helm (Rizlona), I was annoyed I couldn't augment it, but figured I'd just wait. Then I got my Qvic helm. Oh hey, that one's the same, not plate despite clearly being a plate helm. Waited some more. Picked up Hammered Helm of Foresight as a temporary helm until I can get Farseeker's just so I could have a helm... and still nothing.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if any helms work with plate helm augments (exasperated sarcasm).
  15. Herf Augur

The BIS Time plate helmet has the same bug. It cannot be augmented :( Not even with plate Hero's Forge items.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

I'm not sure its a bug. Memory (which can be .. fuzzy at best) tells me that it was intentional due to the client not having the "Hide my Helm" option yet, and most players preferring the "no helm graphic" look.

Now, they have that client option; and we have ornaments that only fit into specific armor types. So as a feature request we could ask they go back and fix all those old helmets.

OR they could just make the helm slot not care what the base armor type is and slot into any type. The latter sure seems easier then the former but IANAEQDEV so /shrug/. However, I still don't think this is a bug, but rather an old design decision.