Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skuz, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Had not seen this (account security?) message box appear until today, and I am seeing it upon every occassion of switching between servers. Clicking "OK" on this new box kicks you from the server select screen back to the username & password entry screen every single time.

I think some additional security measure has been implimented (I know I have not been hacked, I have 5 accounts and all use very different passwords and usernames), I am only mentioning this as I find it quite annoying to swap between servers after this change.
    The detection of "another player" having logged into the account is actually just detecting that I myself was logged into the account on a prior server before trying to enter the game on a different server so it seems to me to be a little "over zealous".

Before this change I could enter the game on one server then swap to another server & enter the game before having to either manually enter the username & password or completetely exit the client, now I have to either manually enter the username & password or completely exit the client for every single server swap I perform.

Bit of a drag when you have multiple accounts across several servers.

(I swap between these to do Overseer tasks).
  2. Dre. Altoholic

100% duplicate-able. Happens literally every time I switch servers on any account.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

It's a known issue where you are not being logged out cleanly, sort of like a mini crash, going between the character select to the server select screen. Use "/camp server" to change servers directly and it should be (less of) not an issue.
    Andarriel, Skuz and Dythan like this.
  4. cadres Augur

Thanks for posting this
    I have not visited my toons on others servers for some time
    But I know I would be very anxious indeed if I did and got the message that another player had logged into my acc, thinking I had been hacked
    Would very much like to see this fixed
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Even if I don't switch servers this can happen.

Just /camp and when I get to the character screen if I forgot something and want to get back on the same character I click log in again and I will get the message.

Been happening for well over a year. Almost every time when camping trader to other character I want to play or the other way.

Its just the server not processing the switch fast enough. So you wind up shadowing your self. I notice if I give it a minute or 3 then I will not get the message.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I only run into this when I use the fast camp option in PoK or the hall. If I wait the full 30, seems to be clean.
  7. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

This seems to have replaced the "You have a character still logged in to that world account" error message you'd get when switching servers before.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Ugh. They made it worse but was it intentional for some reason? Hard to say.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Raccoo Augur

This is why I started using /camp desk, whenever I'm switching to characters on other servers.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For me, I get both.

I get the "You have a character still logged in that world account" pop up box first

I then get the "Another player has logged into this account" pop up box after it

Every time I swap servers without exiting the client.

If I exit fully I only get the "You have a character still logged in that world account" pop up box

Makes no difference if I use fast camp in pok/globby/ghall or if I allow the camp timer to run down & camp conventionally.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

This thread needs to be moved to Bugs. While the crashing to server select is not new there is the new wrinkle with the error message about changing your password and then it forces you to retype your password twice.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Using /camp server and allowing the timer to run down does seem to alleviate this issue (neither box appears when using this method).

That said this is still an annoyance.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I've never seen the new box, but the old one lingers way too long and is very annoying. Camping was supposed to remove you from the world and quitting was supposed to let you time out. Now we have this:

/camp server = what /camp was supposed to be
    /camp = nobody knows
    /quit = you went LD

I have absolutely no problem using /camp server from now on, just curious about the distinction between what these actually do. If I camp I shouldn't have a character in the world, and maybe I don't, it could just be the wording needs to be updated or something.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Upon goofing around a bit, /camp seems to be good for switching characters on the same server quickly, but not for switching servers quickly. I guess that makes sense right in the middle of the other two options. Totally using /camp server for the most part now though.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

/camp desk is the go-to for quittin' time.
  16. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I appreciate you bringing this up Skuz. I am having this issue as well, and would love it to be rectified right meow.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

This is happening every time you get disconnected now. You have to exit all the way out and start EQ up from scratch again. It's annoying. This is the sort of thing I expect from the current EQ staff, though.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Go like the post in the bug forum, that is the only way this is going to get fixed, it just needs more likes.
    Metanis likes this.
  19. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

[IMG]
    Svann2 and Skuz like this.
  20. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

On it, tks Yinla
    Yinla likes this.