Not that I am salty but…

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Berkwin, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Berkwin Elder

Love my lvl 17 necro pets dying to level 10 mobs it’s swell… glad it got so overly abused that tanking pets no longer tank… on experience mobs but hey necro pets arnt meant to tank correct? They are just like a little DoT now perfect oh and it isn’t the fact they can’t tank welll it’s the fact they gain a crap ton of Agro that they get hit a few times and don’t survive. Rule of thumb in agro kiting is produce enough agro that the pet doesn’t get agro However with the new Resists to snares it is quite frustrating. Seriously I can handle the nerf to pets but why the F nerf snares so much??
    Brontus likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

No joke try a mage. Not only are the pets straight up better but they get them sooner. It's unreal, I never played a mage at launch but these are broke.

I was toying around on mage Necro bard. Necro gets absolutely dumpstered.
  3. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I agree. I played a necro for 2 years from between 1999 and 2001. The necro pet was a formidable pet back then.

Today, not only have they given him hideous new graphics and animations, he fights like drunken hobo made of cardboard. Necro pets die pretty quickly I find. I bet an enchanter animation could easily kill a necro pet of equal level.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The pets for all 3 "Pet classes" have had a lot of changes on live servers but had a ton of changes as a result of TLP servers coming along later.

What I do know is that Necro Warrior Pets are the weakest of the 3 pet classes now pretty much across the board and to be even remotely useful as tanks need to be geared up with either pet gear or better.

Mage Earth Pets are the strongest pet tanks, highest HP & AC
    Beastlord Pets are next in the line up though Beastlords eventually have a stronger line up of pet-healing spells/aa than the other 2 Pet Classes.
    Necromancer pets bring up the rear.
  5. Machen New Member

Come on man, you know they are asking about a server where there are only 2 pet classes for the next few months....
  6. Blastoff Augur

Do necros really need a stronger pet on top of broken dots giving a free tick to an out of era dot?
    Appren likes this.
  7. Daidraco New Member

Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia can be purchased if you’re really intent on making a necro pet tank. Won’t be cheap right now, but always an option.
  8. TheTone Elder

Get to level 34, get venom of the snake, and then you'll stop whining about your pet.
  9. Vaxpo Elder

Necro pets have never been anything much other than a dot until high levels on live. It is why you fear kite early on.
  10. Kahna Augur

I have had a necro pet tank a rock golem in the hole at 50 while I dotted it down. You just gotta know how to manage them/your aggro. /pet stop is your friend.
  11. Berkwin Elder

Honestly it’s fine I was just tired and aggravated. Just wish instead of swinging Nerf bats to the community that do play the game without abusing mechanics that the actually find ways to balance better. When I play necros I mostly Agro Kite but soon as the pet grabs agro it does suck because sometimes with some mobs they don’t last long. However in classic TLP and balancing with Live is honestly crazy. Serious advice for Darkpaw/Daybreak use the old Code you had on Al’Kabor server that server was separated from the lot and once we hit LDON progression Patch the server for live+ or find a way to use the old Al’Kabor code and branch it with progression separate from Live. I’ll be honest when I say the amount of complaining I see on TLP’s about the old Freeport is worth some consideration. But these are just speculative ideas I suppose…
  12. Machen New Member

This would be a horribly bad thing for them to do. I don't think it's even remotely a possibility. They cancelled Al'Kabor precisely because they don't want to support two code bases. I am sure they have no interest in reversing that decision. And even if the did, they would either have to do a TON of work to integrate DB store, krono, etc into the old code, or they would lose a ton of money. Not to mention, it would basically cancel ALL the work they have put into the TLP's over the last ~10 years. Things like pick zones, queues, etc would have to be recoded to work with the old code.

And, converting a server to live code at ldon would probably be an impossible nightmare.
  13. Berkwin Elder

Or bring out a TLP that’s more like a real TLP because the store wasn’t in effect for many later expansions I am not saying go to P99 but why not add P99 to be a part of the server selection with Daybreak and kind of Merge. I don’t know a lot about the functionality’s of the P99 side of things but I myself made a P99 server long ago called The North Star that was up for two weeks and I built it using 8 year old P99 notes and it took me two weeks to build it. Also to note all the mobs looked like humans but I have never went to collage to study C++ or had any prior knowledge but there are plenty of resources to self teach anyone to build a server. Lastly I might point out I see this as an opportunity and not a time sink. Why not let Live continue as Live but add talent of other community’s that love EQ band together under one Flag? It could draw enough attention to not only boost mainstream EQ but also help a dedicated open source “Old School” EQ. Just personal thoughts regarding this…

Edit: and to make them money as you say they could release Titanium as a Digital download on the main site for $19.99+ for those that would want to participate
  14. Catalina Journeyman

wtb the pets we had on Fippy
  15. Captain Video Augur

Can't be done. Al'Kabor was a Mac-specific codebase, no PC equivalent survived. The P99 codebase is only good through Velious. If you want to play the P99 ruleset, go there. Otherwise what you see on the TLPs is what we have. Every class can nitpick balance issues as much as it wants to. In group play it all seems to work together just fine. In addition, there are quite a few Al'Kabor vets happily playing on Agnarr.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

P99 & the live game are so massively different codebases by now they absolutely should be considered to be two completely different games.
    The company does not want to support multiple code bases for a whole raft of reasons, not least of them being the knowledge required that is specific to each, separate infrastructure required etc.
    That's possibly why they closed Al Kabor to begin with.

Legal reasons, like employment laws, Itellectual Property rights, protections against exploitation - it's an absolute minefield / can of worms & then you have to think about fair participation and an international audience - simply a whole metric ton of hassles involved.
  17. Berkwin Elder

Or they could Re-release The Titanium pack and let people have at the content that pack goes up to. Also why can’t it be done? The resources are all over the internet just google search it.
  18. Berkwin Elder

Fair enough
  19. Captain Video Augur

Read my lips: THE SERVER CODE FOR THAT ERA DOES NOT SURVIVE.
  20. Berkwin Elder

Or how about chill out I said fair enough…