Best Box For Necro

Discussion in 'Casters' started by qsnoopyjr, Jun 3, 2021.

1. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

As a returning Necro leveling up, I'd appreciate opinions as to what is the best toon to box with a Necro in the current game and your rationale. Currently L 112. Mainly play solo and starting to focus on Partisans and Mercenaries. Appreciate your opinion.
  2. Slasher Augur

i wanna say bard or enchanter for all the adps. Enchanter will also add pretty good dps and CC/buffs
  3. menown Augur

A bard 100%. The bard gives the best adps for a necro, can track, selos, easier to box, good dps with just 1 button of melody and DoTs. Can split npcs just as well as enchanter in case you need more help. Gets instant clicky for slows. Bard auras will improve your swarm pets a lot. Can play defensive songs for pet tanking. Probably one of the top duos of any class.
  4. Ibudin Augur

I run two necros :)

but have also added a shaman and bard.
    Loratex likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That was my first gut response :)

I would just add, if you want maximum flexibility later on, and not limit yourself in "what's possible", I would consider a tank class. Some late game content really benefits from having an honest to God tank.
  6. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I really like having a druid partner as a necro. If you're charm kiting/pet tanking it's nice to have a healer in your pocket.
  7. Tucoh Augur

bard/sha/mag/dru are good for different reasons

necro is great too. Necros are so survivable because of FD, and having double FD makes your group near immortal

shadowknight is interesting, but once the shadowknight gets through puberty and has gear/AAs the necro will turn into a box that rides on the SK's shoulders throwing out DoTs. This may be good or bad from your perspective.

My choice would be a bard for versality and tracking.
  8. Forcallen Augur

I have run a Nec main and sk box since about DoDH without issue. Nec raids so sk gets alt raid gear but handle a lot of what bigger box groups can with just 2. Missions, raid instance trash, etc.

Only thing I miss out on was track.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Bard or another necro
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I have sk I’m leveling for the tov/cov missions as a box but another necro would be a great addition.
  11. Silu Elder

Necros are not a great multibind class, so I'd recommend a second toon that is easier to use with bound keys.

There isn't much you can't do with nec/mage (better pet tanking, coth, double invis), nec/nec (coalition+DPS), nec/bard (track+live slow+DPS+aDPS+double invis), nec/enc (aDPS+slow+CC+double invis) though events/missions that require AE aggro can be a challenge if you don't have an SK or use an enchanter for CC.

If you want to do old raid content, you'll need a priest class for heals/cures. Nec/shm or nec/dru are both nice for that.
  12. Vaeeldar Augur

So it’s true they don’t multibind like a mage or wiz. But you don’t need to. All you do is setup a few hot keys with macros that case several dots in a row. Sucks if you need to switch quickly on targets but thats not often a huge issue. Super easy to box necros with macros.