Mischief has 2-3x more people than Thornblade - can xfer?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rapala, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Rapala Journeyman

Been running checks on lfg folks in level ranges (1-10 11-20 21-30 etc) over the last week. Mischief consistently has 2-3x more people lfg. After about 7pm PST I can sit as the only lfg tank for about an hour while trying to find a healer to start. Not what I envisioned on a server a week old. Is it possible to xfer from Thornblade to mischief or no?
  2. Captain Video Augur

No. If it matters to you that much, reroll.
    Kirikap likes this.
  3. Rapala Journeyman

When do transfers generally become available? I don't wanna reroll, I have 48 hours played already and thats a ton for me, I took a day off work and basically played more over the weekend than I have in a long long time.
  4. MMOer Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-happened-to-the-servers-at-launch.275567/

Ignore the naysays and trash talkers in the post... they tend to stalk the forums and are typically the first posts trying to turn the conversation into a nasty argument

I do think they should offer xfers sooner than later. Thornblade is bad off.

I wasted two days there getting to mid level and the whole time it felt off. I'm pretty experienced with the TLP so I dont need numbers to tell me when something is off. I realized more than have of the population was 6 boxers. Then I did some checks off hours and during prime time and it had 40% of the population of Mischief. So in realty it has more like 20% or 30% of mischief with the heavy rtm boxers.

The only reason I would not want xfers off is the large amount boxers will just come to mischief as well after spending a week farming.

My advice.. reroll now while you can. Dont wait for xfers that may not come for a year.
  5. Rapala Journeyman

As of this minute in LGUK it looks like this
    127 people - 5 picks - thornblade
    297 people - 10 picks - mischief

I've been the only lfg tank on thornblade for the last hour between lvls 31-42 and I haven't seen a single cleric LFG in that time. I've had one invite in that time to a group that then broke up while I was heading that way. It's been one week, is this as bad as it looks for thornblade folks? Is there some positive to be had here, or do I have to suck it up and reroll/possibly just quit?
  6. Cainen Augur

If there are 5 picks on guk on thornblade, that still means its more populated then any server prior to TLPs and pick zones. That's a healthy enough population to go forever on.
    I believe they have stated that eventually the servers will merge, so you can either wait till then(I'm assuming a year plus) or take the week of lost time and reroll.

But I think saying thornblade is in trouble is a stretch.
  7. yerm Augur

It's been, what, a week? And you can very literally sell EVERYTHING you own, buy krono, and rebuy on the new server?

C'mon man.
    Kylo Classic and code-zero like this.
  8. Kodachi Augur

Gonna say, the population still seems way to high for classic. Honestly, most of the rush of the first day was people naming characters. I cannot stress this enough how many people don't want to play through classic. You WILL see the population go up as the early expansions come out.

That said, I can't speak for differences between the 2 servers directly, but can confirm thornblade is not low on people.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

I sometimes think it has too many people as I have issues finding a camp. Oh well, back to killing single spawns.
  10. Elabone Augur

So what youre saying is, exactly what everyone said would happened happened. More people decided to play on Mischief because it was the server announced first. Doesnt matter if they opened at the same time.

I mentioned this multiple times. Its only been 1 week, if youre not happy reroll.
  11. MMOer Augur

This is what I did... glad I made the move.
  12. c313 Augur

Thornblade will always be the lesser populated server of the 2. The past has repeated itself in servers that were in the same relation as the 2.

If you don't like it now, it will just get worse. It sucks you rolled on the server you're not happy with, but it will not get any better. Your best bet is to just reroll or stick it out.
  13. Gheed Is not reading your response

Both servers are perfect, there is nothing wrong with them
  14. Aiona Augur

This is an issue for both servers: it isn't too hard to put a group together but it is difficult to find an open camp (even without respect to "camps" it's hard to find many mobs up).

It'll get a little better once Kunark rolls out, and a lot better once Velious rolls out, I suspect, as players will have a much wider selection of camping/hunting grounds to choose from.

Edit: if you're in a decent sized guild you could get them to help create new picks, which would give you a better chance at finding an open camp, if there are enough willing to help.
  15. Zansobar Augur

I'm having a blast on Thornblade. Population is robust and fine - the EC tunnel auction scene is hopping. I really don't see any issue. If you can't find a group the problem is probably with you and not the server population.
    Herf and code-zero like this.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

I was always pro ECT and anti-luclin bazaar before, but with this server that is shifting. I just don't have the time to sit in ECT doing /auc and hoping someone sees it. The auction channel isn't much better as a lot of people seem to forget about it. Also, there is just so much freaking loot that it is crazy.
    Kirikap likes this.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Yeah, them having large differences in population doesn't matter. What does matter is if one week in, people can't find groups in major level ranges during primetime. I would think these servers would be big for alts, but maybe that's delayed a bit while people try to collect gear. LFG grouping should not be dead yet at this point with 1400ish on during primetime.
    Trey likes this.
  18. Rapala Journeyman

Thornblade is cracking about 700 at primetime, no where near 1400ish.
    Trey likes this.
  19. Demetri Augur

That's one of the downsides of XP weekends, you do realize, right?

Almost all of my guild are taking a leisurely pace - and they're almost entirely in their 30's and 40's - with a few that have either barely played or already working on alts in the 20's.

Those same people would've probably been in teens and 20's and 30's without the bonus. Maybe even slightly lower since I'd imagine some were inspired to allocate more time while the bonus was running.

Then you do have some people that dial things back from going hard over the weekend exacerbating the issue briefly.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

400 per General channel. I've never been in General, General1, or General2 during primetime. That's 1200, plus the 250ish or so I usually see in General3. Not everybody joins General chat. What are you considering primetime? I'm talking 7:00-9:00pm EDT.
    Demetri likes this.