Support

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Persnickety, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Persnickety New Member

I have been trying to get ahold of support since friday. I keep getting the message you are lost and to log out when trying to login into the support page. I have tried this on 5 different browsers, 2 different computers and a tablet with the same results. I have posted a thread in the player support and on discord hoping a CS will see it. I need help getting my full refund on the Ticking Companion I purchased on Thornblade. I got 1 refunded but not the other 5 I purchased.
    Duder likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This makes zero sense. "You are lost"? As in, you have no idea where you are?

Perhaps if you post the exact message you get here, exact words on your screen, we can help.

If your Daybreak account is actually not permitting you to log in, the answer is to create another account just for the purposes of making a ticket.

Yes, I know that is insane, that Daybreak makes us create a dummy account just for that, but apparently the entire concept of "email" or "filling out a form on a website" is beyond the ability of Daybreak to understand. Also "allowing your account to submit tickets even if banned from the game" is beyond the ability of Daybreak.
  3. Persnickety New Member

This is what I see on all browsers. My husband also tried on his account and got the same message in a big red box.

Success!
    You have successfully logged in. However, you seem to have gotten a bit lost. Please go back to the site you were trying to log into and continue on your journey.

If you are finished, for security reasons, please log out and exit your web browser.

I'm not sure why I am seeing this my account is over 20 yrs old and I have never had this issue before.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Good, you've actually posted the message you got. We are on the way to figuring this out. Now, please post the URL of the page where you first attempt to login and the URL where you get the error message.

Again, if you have a computer / website issue, you need to provide details. Saying, "The thingy is broken", is meaningless to someone trying to help. It's like talking on the phone to the doctor and saying, "My arm hurts", providing no further information, and expecting them to tell you how to cure it.
  5. Persnickety New Member

6. Persnickety New Member

When I login to support to make a ticket. I login and the big red box pops up.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ok, so you attempt to login there and get an error message.

Try this, go to https://www.daybreakgames.com/home

Once there, up top there is a "Log in" drop down menu. On that menu there are several choices. Perhaps one of them is broken. So, try (if you haven't already) the "Account Management" one. The reason I suggest "Account Management' Is that it works for me.

Now, if that fails again with the error message, then there is something wrong on your end or Daybreak has messed up your account somehow.

Since you can log into the forum here, you are not banned or otherwise having your account blocked. The best thing to do then is, as you say you have done, create a thread in the Player Support forum and wait for help.

Sorry I cannot suggest anything else. Good luck.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I just tried so I could see what you are talking about. I got the big red box, too. I suspect something is down on their end.
  9. Persnickety New Member

Thanks for the help. I can get on the account management part of the site. It only happens when I try to access support.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Can you petition in-game from that account instead? My understanding is that a petition and a CS ticket are effectively the same thing. But I could be wrong.
  11. Persnickety New Member

When I type /petition in game it sends me out of game to the same site.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

Daybreak's authentication system for their web site is not very persistent. You may have to login multiple times but in the end I was able to get to the support site and review my old tickets. I'm using the latest version of Edge on Windows 10. If you have done a browser security tune-up or if you're using a browser add-in that purposely blocks cookies that can break the Daybreak site.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Here's what I just tried:

1. Clicked on https://auth.daybreakgames.com/login and got the red box
    2. Clicked on the Daybreak Games image at the top
    3. Clicked on Support
    4. On the Support page, clicked on Login and it logged me in automatically (I guess since I'm logged into the forum)
    5. Clicked on Contact Support at the top and get a page where I can submit a ticket
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Weird, that's not what I remember it doing, but it's been several years so maybe it changed.
  15. Persnickety New Member

I tried this and I still get the same red box. Thanks for the suggestion.
  16. Metanis Bad Company

Several of us have posted that we can successfully reach the support site. Since you can't on multiple devices the most commonality among those devices is your Internet connection. It's as if you're connecting through a proxy server that is misdirecting one of the Daybreak redirects. Can you try this through a VPN and/or a different network? Or reboot your modem/router combo?
  17. Persnickety New Member

I don't think its my modem/router. I just tried to log in using my Iphone data not wifi and got the same results.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I just filed a petition so the page is working. And I have seen that message about being lost in the past and others have posted about it - its just a hiccup between the server and your account.

Usually I just restart my computer and it clears all the sticky stuff out and then it works fine.

Here is something else that might help.

Log off the game and the forums. All accounts.

Bring up the help section how ever you want to but do not log in

Type something in the white bar like "refund" or whatever. You can read the articles it returns if you want.

Then click over to the right where is says sign in and go from there. At this point the log in screen should have the normal log in and some other offers on the bottom like Steam or PS2 etc. You don't get those by logging in the routine way

The help section and petition section logs ins seem to be very intertwined and they confuse each other.

Just like now, I was looking up some steps but it keeps taking me back to the petition I just filed even though I am not logged into the help site.
  19. Persnickety New Member

I just tried this and I still get the red box.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?