Wife and I- Duo suggestions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Norinzoba, May 29, 2021.

1. Norinzoba New Member

So I've played live EQ up to 105, and we've played on P99 up to about level 30 together, but have never done a TLP and are excited getting in near the beginning. She's playing a troll shaman, and I'm looking for advice on a non-melee char to play with her. I'm most experienced on a necro, but I've heard some people saying a mage would be a better partner.

Looking for some advice, and thank you!
  2. Quik Augur

Mage or Necro will be excellent partners. Enchanter would be the best if you know the class at all.

If not, necro and shaman can slow/dot rot mobs all day for easy kills while the skelly tanks, but mage has some high powered nukes for faster killing with the pet tanking but possibly more downtime just because the nukes aren't as mana efficient as dots.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I'd go with necro. More versatility than a mage, more independence. Enchanters are great but a little obnoxious to play on a tlp because you are managing an unruly charm pet.

The shaman will be able to bolster your pets ability to tank, but won't be able to help your mage regain mana or keep mobs snared.
    Ozon likes this.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

Wizard. No overlap to Shaman abilities. Brings snare, powerful nukes, evac, ports. And I hear it's absolute fun to blow stuff up.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Make sure you can tank, heal and slow so you are not dependent on LFG. Puller/CC is a strong consideration too. SHM covers slow and healing. You don't want to melee or I would suggest SK or PAL, as they have tools to split and are good tanks and DPS. Given that you want a caster, consider a pet caster. Although MAG has the best pet, NEC has much more tools to pull. Also if you focus on undead then a NEC can do just about everything an ENC can do. So my vote, if no melee classes, would be NEC. However, set aside the FD and such and MAG is solid and a great choice.
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Mage or Druid...the druid offers nice buffs and ports which really helps for moving around.

SK and Necro would be a very powerful combination...not much you won't be able to kill in EQ with this pair once developed.