Beware of heritage crate illusion resellers.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, May 24, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record:

The distinction is between Krono resellers/RMTer and average Joe.

There is criteria to limit sales to Krono resellers/RMTers:

Krono reseller/RMT is more likely to be
    • Low Level Character
    • Known to sell Krono
    • Frequent buyer/seller of illusions
    • Cross server tell
    Average Joe is more likely to be:
    • Level 115 Character (or willing to transact as main)
    • Not known to sell Krono
    • Only interested in purchasing 1 illusion
    • Same server tell
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am pretty sure it has been pointed out many times before in this thread but there are plenty of players who are willing to purchase an illusion (or other similar items) from another server and do a server transfer to get it to their mains. Not to mention why is it that only a max level player would be willing to pay krono for an illusion? Also how is the average player going to know who is and isn't a krono seller unless they are also in that market.
  3. KrakenReality Augur

All of that is dubious evidence at best, you’re just profiling and stereotyping. You’re a law student you should be smart enough to avoid that line of thinking.
    Niskin likes this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

103 posts in this thread, and 38 are from the OP, arguing the same belabored point that just about everyone disagrees with him on. I think I'll take the OPs advice and put him on ignore. First person I've ever done that for on these forums, but this level of narcissism and spamming is really just over the top, and nothing of value is coming from him anyway.
    Nennius and Zynt like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The criteria is not an end-all. It is geared towards risk mitigation. You can reduce the risk of transacting with a Krono reseller/RMTer by adhering to some common sense signs. Sure, some will fall through the cracks but that doesn't mean it should be ignored or overlooked.

Do we overlook signs of RL scammers? Of course not. This is also archetypal of the same kind of risk assessment that insurance companies utilize. (Obviously, not as seriously or intensely as insurance companies).

Would you rather a Luclin player sell to a Township Rebellion member (paying 6 Krono) or a Bazaar mule named 'BuymyKrono' (paying 6 Krono) who will hoard and transfer to Xegony where he can fetch 15 Krono?

My argument is analogous to 'being a good community member' or 'being a good neighbor.' Sure, vacation rentals are legal in many communities (free market, right) but they are not appreciated (implicit code of conduct).
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

He gets it. Quite frankly, I am surprised that this thread is important enough for some to spend Memorial Day Weekend on.

Edit: I will ask Mepps to lock this thread. The original post was poorly worded and my clarifications are becoming fodder for personal attacks/lack of respect.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

People disagreeing with you is lack of respect? What a world you live in.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

When people start to throw around 'jealousy, narcissism, and spamming' and now your passive-aggressive implication of "spoiled brat" or whatever, then the discussion has broken down and is no longer one of mutual respect (or progress/edification).

Pages 1-4 was decent (but annoying for some, sure). Page 5-6 is just crap hitting the fan.

This thread is easily ignorable. Move on. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Ill post just so you have to come back and comment:D
    Niskin and Zynt like this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

So many assumptions.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Zynt Augur

Well, I believe we finally have an answer to that expansions old EQ question of where all the poop went.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Tappin Augur

If this isn’t scalping and there’s enough for demand, why not put the items in the store at a reasonable price? Putting all your eggs in one basket isn’t a good thing and your golden egg’s days are numbered.
  13. chronicler Augur

It is not up to you Benito to play police, on whether some one wanna corner the market or not.
    Everything on eq is a free market.
  14. Tappin Augur

He’s not policing anything... just suggesting not selling to or buying from scalpers.
    Benito likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

He seems to be making a lot of assumptions about what a krono reseller is and isn't and assuming that it is easy for everyone to know who is or isn't one. A big one is the assumption that people won't buy these items on a different server and transfer it to their main server and claims that only a reseller would think about buying things from a different server.
    Zynt likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So I logged into Luclin server and a well-known Township Rebellion member (Tharkis) is trying to buy the Visage of the Rivervale Deputy. Would you rather have people on your server sell to an /anon RMTer and deprive actual collectors/users on your server an opportunity to own 1?

This is my only comment for the day. Have a great day.
  17. Szilent Augur

Alternately, people on any server should sell to "whoever offers the best price for their item." If that buyer with the highest offer is what you characterize as a reseller, then it's everyone else who's wrong about the item's value. Because its real value must be higher than the reseller is offering for them to profit from the resale. Or they're wrong, and they're going to hemorrhage krono until they're out of business!
    Zynt likes this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why should I care who they sell it to? I am sure Tharkis will get it eventually at a price he is willing to pay. I know Tharkis and hopes he gets it for a good price but I have no illusions that having a friend wanting to buy something should have any impact on others who are trying to sell it.

By the way I am a little curious for someone who claims to be not that passionate about this why are you so concerned about how I feel about people on my server selling to a reseller instead of a guild mate? This is at least the 2nd post you have brought up that people might be selling to a reseller instead of a guild mate? Why are you so worried about how I feel if my guild mates might not get the best deal out there?
    Zynt likes this.
  19. Tappin Augur

Guidelines aren’t meant to be absolute. They are there for someone to make informed decision. I try to avoid selling to scalpers as well.