Does Everquest have level scaling now?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Karadim, May 29, 2021.

1. Karadim New Member

Tired of all the MMORPG's I used to play all adopting the awful level scaling system.

I detest the idea and I played EQ for nearly 15 years over a time period and loved it. Looking to return but wondering if EQ has taken on this silly level scaling to? If so rules out a return, basically looking for someone to answer to save me the time of reinstalling it.
  2. strongbus Augur

you mean where the mobs scale to your level? in the static zones no. in some instance zones yes. But that is only cause most of the instance zones missions are made for a min to max level and will scale up to the max level. For example in COTF exp there are all kinds of instance zone mission that where made for a min level of 75 and max of 100. so they will scale up to level 100 after that they don't. but the mobs in the static zones of that exp are a set level and don't scale.
  3. Mossaa Augur

If you want you can run to a low level zone and slay all mobs there. I love the non scaling system in EQ.
  4. Tucoh Augur

EQ has almost entirely static level areas.

EQ has a massive number of zones that are unseen by many players because they never have a reason to go there.

The idea i pump now and then is to streamline the hardcore heritage system such that it's trivial to boost the level of these zones to current max, and then introduce a reward everyone will want. My idea for a reward is an evolving augment that improves when you complete hunter in these new zones. Open the zone up for two months during the quiet months of the year, rotate through a few zones and you've got another reason for the playerbase to stay subscribed year round.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Is this hardcore heritage? That aside, what would be the quiet months?
  6. Tucoh Augur

Yes and from aprilish to fall. For live servers. Anniversary stuff provides some bump, but the rewards arent very compelling to resub usually
  7. Karadim New Member

Thanks for response me and son just installed it and making a shaman and SK duo on bristlebane.

Glad to see this game stayed true to the values of MMORPG's such as the feel your progressing etc I was a hugely hardcore player in my heyday raiding right up till VOA good to be back.

If son get's into it might subscribe and pop on one the new random loot progression servers to.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I'm in Bristlebane too, though I won't be playing till the fall. Have fun!