My take on the next TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Duckforceone, May 29, 2021.

1. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

1. Keep all loot tradable like mischief
    2. Keep the mischief spawns and random loot on rares.
    3. include evening out loot tables for non rares, and randomizing it too. So every non rare can be worth camping instead of only specific ones.
    4. Keep the speedy expansion rates going.
    5. Allow people for 1 kronos, to be able to start their own private pick of any zone for 1-2 weeks. They can then invite friends to this pick, or close it and make another one of another zone. (limits can apply).
    6. Start with mercenaries turned on. They cost a krono per month to cover the loss in boxing subscriptions. But really most people just need that single extra character to not worry about soloing.
    7. OPTIONAL ADDONS
    8. With shared banks and how short a time we need it, do away with spell crafting and put spells on all vendors. Probably the biggest bottleneck i have seen so far.
    9. Sell more bag combos, so people don't have to plan out their buys. You will earn more money.
    10. Add more illusions and pet illusions to the store from the get go. These are popular and will give you more money.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

5. Interesting idea on the "buy a pick for a krono" but I don't think it is feasible, how is the pick zone accessed? what happens if the server crashes? what happens on a patch day?

6. Only way you are getting mercs in at the start of any TLP is either a new mercenary that tier being all you can get (which is downtuned so its not as OverPowered as the currently available ones are*) or the server is a SoD-start server.

7. Please elaborate - what exactly do you mean by this?

8. Remove an entire trade skill? Not going to happen. Spells on vendors already happens, and it is a part of the design of expansions that you are expected to travel to where those vendors are to seek out their knowledge (the spell scrolls). Spells that are only found as mob drops are that way by design.
  3. SleezerGeezer Elder

Allowing Mercs will ruin the entire point. So does boxxing, but that cat is out of the new sever bag.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

To you. Lots of people enjoy the complexity of playing more than 1 character at a time, or not having to rely on getting groups to go get stuff done. Doesn't mean the game is ruined.
  5. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

ok let me try to elaborate a bit more. But it's basically just ideas, and as some of them require knowledge of their server structure and programming, i won't say specifics as it might not be feasible.

but you could make it so you would get an item that would give you the option at a zone entrance, just like the AoC's in game now. Then they would spawn that instance for you alone, and people in group with you / raid.

or there are so many other ways you could make this... if the server crashes, well just restart the pick then... like everything else... restart it on patch day etc etc..

and yes, maybe you could only get mercenaries at a certain tier... it's about the options of flexibility.. say you can't find a healer or a dps'er or a tank.. now you have the option if you want to pay for it... and you don't have to box.. you don't have to keep it levelled, so inviting a real player to your group, won't make you lose out on xp for your box.
    So this would help start groups faster, while ensuring real players could still get groups...

7 is just a headline

the tradeskill for research is basically only useful in the first few expansions.. but how fast you level now a days, before people can afford to do research, you have levelled past the spells, or they have to take obscene amounts for it to cover the research. Basically not worth it..
    example.. a few days into mischief... the few who have posted hundreds if not thousands of plat into research, have to take around 75-100 plat for a lvl 26 spell.. that you don't need after 1 hour if you just grind xp...because by then you have gotten better...
    therefore it's not useful and should be gotten rid of.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Research is used for more than just classic spells though :) might as well argue removing Smithing since you out level banded fast enough.
  7. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

not a valid argument...
    levelling smithing is orders of a magnitude cheaper, and the banded stays usually for more than 1-3 levels... so can't compare.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Something tells me you haven't done one (or either) of those tradeskills if you think Smithing is orders of magnitude cheaper than getting research high enough to make a lvl 26 spell. Or if you think that a lvl 26 spell is peak research.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Kahna Augur

Mercs really would ruin the early game. Not because people wouldn't group, though, they wouldn't, but because even the lowest rank of tank merc can hold any camp in classic eq solo even when the mobs are several levels higher than it. Mercs are way to OP to be allowed in classic, ever. Camps would be all taken with 5 people in the zone. Pick levels would not accommodate the tiny number of people zones would be able to support.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Agreed, which I think was what Skuz was alluding to when he mentioned having to create a new tier or merc, even Apprentice I is too strong, would need to be trainee tier or something that was super weak.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

I'll give you the readers digest version. Please make the next sever pay to win.
  12. Kylo Classic Augur

A post about making a New TLP 5 days after a double TLP drop. Keep it classy.
    Machen, Stymie and Skuz like this.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

Let TLPs open with player housing.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

5: Pay to win? Besides it isn't like they didn't change pick zones to close when they had a low population because of performance issues.
    6: Again pay to win? As others have pointed out mercs are very OP at lower levels and there are plenty of guides that suggest using them to help level up faster. I am not saying I am against mercs in general just that this method would seem like a cash grab for how powerful they would be in early expansions.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is what one would absolutely refer to as an "uninformed opinion".

If you have not played to the live game levels, or even as far as "The Darkened Sea" you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here, the Tradeskill system is core to EverQuest and gets MORE embedded into gameplay the deeper into the expansions you go.

The game code is universal to both Live servers & TLP servers, ripping out an entire tradeskill would be absolute madness due to how important each one is to the game.

Okay so just empty meaningless words that should be completely ignored then, thanks for clearing that up.
  16. Gheed Is not reading your response

17. SleezerGeezer Elder

Then play on any of the servers that already allow it, but give those of us who hate it our own server, so you can do your thing and we can do ours.
  18. SleezerGeezer Elder

There's going to a new one every year, because marketplace, so there's no reason not to discuss it. We all know how this works.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Aradune is the closest you're going to get this side of P99 for a no boxing server.
    Skuz likes this.