Necro or Mage?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by ceto, May 29, 2021.

1. ceto Elder

Hi folks,

If I want to simply molo up to max level, and just do molo activities, which class am I better off with?

Thanks!
  2. Marton Augur

Beastlord.

Ok, necro, but I would give BST a serious consideration.
  3. strongbus Augur

depends on your play style.

mages have the strongest pets and best nukes, but are a one trick pony. ie they send in pet and nuke until dead. they have limit means of CC.

necro and bst pets are weaker then mages but both bring more to the table in terms of CC and more the one way to molo, , both necro and bst have slow and snare which mage don't without getting items. and if it hits the fan both bst and neco can FD.

bst can pet tank or tank themself, one thing bst can do is they can heal their pets better then merc so they can sit back do the healing themself and use a wiz merc if they want.

necros can pet tank/kite/root rot. and can have 6+ mobs going at once.
  4. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

All three are viable and bring different things to the table. I would suggest it comes down to AAs, gear, and your Enhanced Minion foci more than the class for the most part.
  5. Silu Elder

Depends. Do you want to be viable / desired for grouping or raiding or just be completely self sufficient? Or just be able to get to max level the fastest?

Necro kite / root rot / splitting probably wins that one, but all three classes can molo named with a good focus. Mage is probably the most boxable if it is possible you will add more toons later.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Necro if moloing. Mage if you want to build a box group.
  7. Asnjas1 New Member

Mage if you wear skirts. Beastmaster of you wear pants. Necro if you got a bone in your pocket.