Remove code that disconnects for pressing the same key

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, May 24, 2021.

1. Zinkeh Augur

LOL yes. That's actually why I didn't go back to aradune for months. I had that happen probably 10 times and then dumped into a 2-8 hour queue. At the time I just thought it was the server being overloaded.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I don't know if something changed or not, but I hit the same key A LOT last night and never got DC'd. Was using the 1 key for nukes on both boxes, and even hitting them at the exact same time very often. No issues.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

And now it just happened for the first time. Not sure why I didn't see this on launch night. I'm using two different computers than the two I was using that night, and at a different location. Everything else should be the same. Guess I need to move some nukes to different slots.
  4. Trey Elder

You know, if p99 can police botting--there's really no excuse for the official servers anymore. I think few would mind if they came down with a firm policy that no one person is allowed to control more than 2 accounts max.

The kind of dude running around with 5 accounts isn't someone I'll miss playing with ever, and I think the silent majority would agree. They really should rely on human beings more than scripted algorithms to catch these people, but w/e. At this point I don't expect things to change.
  5. Machen New Member

They had that on Aradune. It didn't work out well.
  6. Trey Elder

I agree, but I also believe it's because they are far to lenient with punishments.
  7. Wovel Journeyman

Or just get a small block of public IPs
  8. Nickatropolis Augur

yes, I too have been button mashing on two keyboards for 3 days and have been hitting the same key several times, not once disconnected.
    Appren likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

P99 is irrelevant.

A free server run by enthusiasts is always going to have a completely different set of issues.
    Tweakfour17, Appren and KrakenReality like this.
  10. Nickatropolis Augur

ok i lied, just got disconnected for the first time tonight. lol!
  11. RainbowTest Augur

All these folks trying to argue about it...How do you solve 2 physical humans and 2 physical pc's other then making one of those players have to play with backwards keybinds? The code already is designed to ignore some key presses cause they are too common, how bout the extend it to hotbar 1's keybinds too insteadof just Direction keys, jump, duck, and spell gem keys?

Its not even a good code detection. The naughtyboxers use broadcast all the time cause Enter and anything typed in chat are not detected by the game. So you still see the naughtyboxers broadcasting hails to enter instances.