Enjoying Random loot-rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hythos, May 29, 2021.

1. Hythos Augur

I can say, this is the most "fun" I have had playing EQ. While the first few months (in 1999) were also intriguing, the random loot (admittedly, while it could be a bit more randomized?) along with open-trade seems to be something I think the game should have had from the beginning.

9/10. It's getting there!
    OldTimeEQ1, niente, nagash101 and 8 others like this.
  2. Sera New Member

Second this. Having a blast and loving all the craziness!
    nagash101, Ulrin and Fallfyres like this.
  3. Ronzark Augur

Indeed. It IS a blast... and it will virtually eliminate the farmers because it's so easy for anyone to get loot.
    henry0918, nagash101 and Fallfyres like this.
  4. Brontus EQ Player Activist

How is it easy? Doesn't good loot only drop from named mobs? If so, how do you get good loot if you don't know how to find or spawn rare mobs?

Many zones have rare mobs that are not even flagged as "rare" mobs so you get the same old loot.
    Herf likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

https://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/ClassicRares.html

Or you can check the hunter achievements per expansion, those are the mobs flagged as rare.
    code-zero and Fallfyres like this.
  6. Ythera Augur

I am also enjoying this greatly. There's a lot of items that haven't seen much light of day due to being a drop from a very rare monster in a zone that's not popular and I'm enjoying the variety.
  7. TheInquisitor Old Timer

I think you're on to something good here DPG ;)
    Fallfyres, andross77 and Bardy McFly like this.
  8. Trey Elder

Same; having fun!
    Fallfyres and andross77 like this.
  9. Genjo Lorekeeper

100% agree - So much fun - I love the random nature. It really makes the game more fun again

Bravo!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Have to agree. I'm getting loot I never heard of. It's something different.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Ash W. New Member

Agreed, this is the most fun ive had in awhile! Keep up the good work DPG!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. Vindicator Journeyman

I agree. I'm loving this server. The randomness of the loot makes it nice that you don't have to camp a very specific mob. Yeah, its harder to focus on one item to get it, but that has been made up by the abundance of the loot dropping. You might get some golden efreeti boots, or you might get a bunch of Kedge trash.
  13. plowers Journeyman

It's a great novelty server for sure
    nagash101 likes this.
  14. BUNGBUNGBUNG New Member

I have multiple friends that have never played EQ that have subbed for the new servers. Brilliantly done DPG!
    nagash101 and Fallfyres like this.
  15. ntellect Augur

Me too! What I'm enjoying is this time I'm getting great loot JUST BY PLAYING THE GAME. I dont have to seek out some super secret mob in some foriegn zone. Just go out and kill stuff with others and get surprises.

I'm getting loot I've never had on any other TLP which is making me stronger. Loot I cant use I can sell giving me more plat then I had before. I'm engaging more socially for loot I know others would benefit from leading to trading.

It just makes the whole experience feel great in a game that is 20 years old.

I mean hell Im playing a Paladin with barely any DPS but got such great loot (nice 2H and good gear pieces) that I can actually solo while looking for groups.

Best TLP hands down
  16. Nyvlag Elder

Even with the "bugs" (Trakazaraks, Spite Golems Gods, Pick Golems) I'm loving it. Honestly the "bugs" make it more enjoyable because they're HILARIOUS. I do hope you iron some of these growing pains out for Kunark and beyond, but I honestly think the classic chaos is amazing, too, and kind of wish some of these "bugs" would remain to some degree.
  17. nagash101 Augur

i agree best TLP server launch so far. Only issue i have is they seem to have broke the Warrior Armor drops in HATE. Would be cool if someone looked in to that!!!!
  18. Aiona Augur

We got quite a few last night, though admittedly the cleric armor was dropping on nearly every other rare.
  19. Trevalon Augur

I agree, this server has been alot of fun...and I have only made it to 37....

the random rules are neat and the high drops rates are making it much more fun with more loot to go around and not funneling all the good stuff to the krono farmers...

Honestly, I'll admit it, I lobbied against the free trade server but with the random loot rules I think its made it to be quite a good server and neat experiment.

That'll do Darkpaw, that'll do.
    nagash101 likes this.
  20. MMOer Augur

so far I like it more than I thought I would.