Item prices to go down dramatically?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Benito, May 29, 2021.

1. Surebuddy New Member

This is perfect and I hope they don't change anything. This is the most exciting eq server me and many friends have ever played in several years. Don't have to worry about toxic individuals training you all day to steal your camps. I'm glad RMTers aren't plaguing the server - they can take a hike.
  2. Sycopata Elder

This server is my best experience so far in this game i can level up and self fund my equipment, why do you want revert the fun and back to krono dominance? There are alot of servers with regulat rules to monipolitze items, lets uss become free and take fun.
  3. c313 Augur

Well,

With group mobs dropping 2-5 pieces a time, and raid jobs dropping 10-20 a time, probably not
    Skuz and plowers like this.
  4. plowers Journeyman

Agreed, server is easy.
  5. PotatoPowa Elder

Items will be all but worthless if each mob keeps dropping as many as 4 loots each. Massive loot inflation.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good, means prices will be low.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's worth noting that a lot of the feedback on LATE Selo was that loot being double was far superior to lockouts being halved.

So, it's worth considering how beneficial this will be to Misc's longterm success if raiders (and virtually everyone is a raider as things progress) feel they are able to keep up. Not being able to keep up is a huge killer to late EQ - FV loot and massive drops will be huge for longterm health of Misc TLP.
    ntellect, Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  8. Gio1999 Augur

The dumbest argument I've seen and heard is that loot scarcity makes people feel special/strong.

No... it doesn't. People still farm those special drops 24/7 there's still a ton that exist. The only difference now is that loot is cheaper.
    NoMoreTLPs, Mokai and Skuz like this.
  9. plowers Journeyman

Of course loot scarcity makes people feel strong. A unique item that little people have is a sign of dedication and success. If everyone has a the Stanley cup in the first week of the season then what's distinguished about it?
  10. Gio1999 Augur

You keep telling yourself that. People already did dragons with 1-2 groups. Dedication and success? o_O The drops were already out there.
    Bardy McFly, NoMoreTLPs and Skuz like this.
  11. Ash W. New Member

The more gear, the merrier imo. This seems like it could finally be a server for people who have 10 minutes a day to play!

Only half joking, but personally i love that so much is dropping. Please dont listen to the RMT/Krono farmers !
  12. Nykara2 Elder

So far the server is great for more casual players. I hope it stays this way. Loads of servers already exist for Hardcore players, was time others got a dip into the pie too.
  13. Kodachi Augur

Bad analogy. The stanley cup is a trophy and nothing more. Items have a stats and do a thing and the main reason to acquire them is to make your character stronger, not to wave around as a prestige item.

That and theres nothing prestigious about anything in the early tlp treadmill.
    Bardy McFly, NoMoreTLPs and Skuz like this.
  14. Corydon Augur

Good info except the divide by 10 bit ;)
  15. Kylo Classic Augur

I like that he has his finger on the pulse of the economy and can make such predictions.
  16. plowers Journeyman

Items will be dirt cheap after the first 2 weeks of each expansion launch. This server is awesome. It's like a Bernie Sanders wet dream.
  17. sadre Augur

An underground clique of wealthy gamers pays a red-light IP to create a speciality server. One of those clients has a bad day. No problem. He makes an appointment. Two weeks later, he comes in, shows his hound's head tattoo, and after watching the server for a few minutes deletes every valuable item from every character in the Plane of Hate. The petition screen floods with cries and tears.

He smiles, and leaves. Next week, he decides he will shower that guild with drops. "Yes, they shall be indescribably happy!" he laughed to himself.
  18. Roflwagon New Member

There are still some pretty stupidly high prices on Fear/Hate trash drops and Hole junk. It’ll crash though certainly.
  19. Bullsnooze Augur

F-that, you should absolutely buy high and sell low to get the market back in line.
  20. Machen New Member

It's worth noting that this was also the original suggestion I made three years before Selo was even a thing, when I advocated for a fast unlock TLP. It was obvious, long before Selo existed, that double loot would be far better than reduced lockouts for a 1 month per expansion server.
    Bardy McFly likes this.