A Path off of Free Trade

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LDEffectsMe, May 28, 2021.

1. LDEffectsMe Augur

Personally, I actively avoid playing on Firiona Vie and any other server in EQ1 that is basically destined to end up there. Not that FV is a bad server in and of itself, but I hate the idea of working on a character and devoting time and effort to get flags, keys, etc. just to be stuck on a "prison server" forever. This includes the latest TLP servers Mischief and Thornblade, which seem destined to eventually merge into FV. I've played on other TLP servers because I know if I get attached to the toon I can always transfer them wherever I want to go.

I understand the reasons why Free Trade might break other servers, and I know that there's arguments for and against the policy regarding transfers. I think there's a solution to be found in the old days of EverQuest though...

Please create a "Naked" Server Transfer Token that is specific to the Free Trade environment that lets you transfer back to a normal server but destroys all items and platinum that isn't in the shared bank slots.

That way if you really want off of Free Trade, you can take a toon you've become attached to (or possibly your main from 1999 if you'd moved there) and go to another server if you want. Sure, you'll have to re-gear them, but gear comes easier than flags and keys typically do. I know it's just pixels, but there's definitely a sentiment attached to the "original" version of a main character.

A "Naked" Server Transfer Token could also be utilized to move from an older TLP server to a newer one in certain circumstances. For instance, Agnarr people could have moved to Mangler once Mangler unlocked PoP if there was an option where gear/platinum wouldn't have made it game breaking or unfair. This would sort of allow folks to come back mid-progression cycle by jumping in with their abandoned toons from the last TLP.
    Aenvar likes this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Feel free to reaquire your items through gameplay.
  3. Cidran Augur

I have two characters in FV and I love the server... That being said, I think the token is a great idea for Marketplace. Would be a nice option to have without interfering with other server's economy, helping players in need while hurting no one.
  4. Nickatropolis Augur

EQ could go full Valheim style and your characters are tied to your account, not a server, and you could go in any server you wanted. Would be fun.
  5. Toysoldier New Member

I agree that the naked server transfer token would be nice!
  6. Kardinal Lorekeeper

If all servers had the same ruleset. Sure.
    But they don't. So this is a bad idea, unless transfers are nekkid (and levels and AAs would need to be stripped as well, when moving to, say, Agnarr).