Hate Trash Dropping Dragon Loot (Mischief)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gheed, May 28, 2021.

1. a_librarian Augur

So people are mad this is being talked about because they wanted to sell CoF to rubes before it was widely known how easily farmable they are? Sort of like the ring war item dupe situation?
    Lhus likes this.
  2. Zipe The Healer

This is si fun. But well, we all knew it was going to happen. Sorry, I can't resist it, I must quote myself from a month ago XD.

Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  3. yerm Augur

Some of us are mad because a massive subset of tlp communities has become vocal karens who constantly scream bloody murder about things that benefit others in ways they believe should not exist, but don't harm the individual. Whether its ae stuns allowing people to get too much xp in zones they don't even use after ae nerfs, or loot dropping on a server (claimed to) not being played on, you name it, this community now whines about it. It was always a small problem but it's gotten worse and worse recently.

The end result of constant karening is that devs are less inclined to take awesome fun risks like selo or mischief, and players have to tiptoe around the post or petition happy whiners. Its less fun all around. Did the top guild on each server find a loot pinata and go wild farming it? Good for them. I hope zaide, mabbu, and all their respectively guildmates are having a blast. If you wish them ill because you don't approve of their good fortune because it violates what you believe is the way it should be, then you are a nasty human being.

I've had a lot of fun watching friends play and stream there. I'm excited with how much positive energy from devs went into making this server great. I hope a bunch of nasty haters avoid making the dev team regret their good decisions.
  4. brickz Augur

this just means cheap haste gear for everyone, who cares
  5. a_librarian Augur

I think the hundreds of thousands of dollars of bags and loot crates they sold for this launch will outweigh people complaining about the loot implementation. I don't think you need to worry about them thinking the servers are a failure because of this thread.

It's pretty clear the loot is way off base in certain places. That's fine, might as well leave it as is so people going at slower pace can benefit too. Just fix and improve the rules in the next expansion
    Anduvar and Tweakfour17 like this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Exactly. Was this intended? Probably not, but at the end of the day who cares? It's classic loot and the server will be well past that in no time. Tweak the implementation for the next expac and forget about it. Plus its all tradeable anyways so your 5th alt was already going to get a CoF, now you can just get it faster.
  7. Rizlowder New Member

Bro youre one of the biggest karens on these forums. One of the main defining qualities of a karen is a person who feels entitled. You definitely have a major sense of entitlement of what you think people should/should not talk about or want. You want everything done your way. Welcome to the club karen.
  8. Zanarnar Augur

OK I admit it, when thinking about loot ranges.. I never considered raid trash dropping raid boss loot... bravo darkpaw.. bravo. I guess I really don't need to raid this time around, as raid loot will be hella cheap.
  9. Triconix Augur

You're telling me Zaide is just a big as pos as the TEB leader? Color me shocked. Seriously though, is anyone really surprised people like this have zero integrity, have zero care for the spirit of the game, and exploit at any chance they can? It's amazing how some people in this community actual idolize these types of people. These kind of people only care for their bottom dollar and that's exactly why this server is perfect for them.

At the end of the day, who cares? This server is an RMT krono cesspool and the ruleset advertised it as such. People aren't playing on this server because of some ridiculous reason like wanting to relive the classic experience or whatever. They know exactly what they signed up for. This is all about getting some easy loot to sell because this is about as close to P2W as you can possibly have in EQ. A server that is a literal loot piñata which takes zero effort to acquire everything can only pique somebody's interest for so long. Don't be surprised if this server is a wasteland come new year.

This seems like a clear oversight/bug. Taking advantage of bugs is, by definition, an exploit per the rules of conduct. Should this get fixed? Most definitely. Should they be rolled back or banned? Probably. Will they get rolled back or banned? Probably not. There's really not much a point getting upset about it. You should not have expected anything more from a server with this kind of ruleset.

It will be kind of funny to see if Bobby gets another account banned and see him posting as if he's some innocent victim of circumstance.
    Magician9001 and Kobra like this.
  10. Larsen Augur

It kind of feels like this random loot system wasn't tested at all. When they described it, I figured it would mean that a rare mob would drop one item from a random pool of stuff around its level range. Instead they drop 2-5 random items each. And now planar trash is dropping dragon loot lol. It's like they implemented it without killing so much as a single mob to check it out.

I spent an afternoon in UGuk and came out with like 25+ pieces of rare mob loot. I was letting bronze weapons rot by the end because my bags were full of items with stats, and I was level 21 or something. That felt really dumb. I don't see how this will even be a "krono-farming cesspit" when stuff is so common. Having each rare mob (with increased spawn chances, btw) drop up to five items from its loot table means nothing will be remotely valuable after a couple of weeks. There's gonna be more FBSS and GEBs on the server than players. There's barely gonna be an economy for anything but raid boss loot.
  11. Mattling Elder

12. Kobra Augur

I don't think this is an exploit.

Its coded into the game.

When Zaide killed Phinegal with an interesting strat I thought that was very cool. The game is coded to allow that so I don't think that was an exploit, it was just clever use of game mechanics. This kind of thinking is what makes EQ fun to play.

This to me falls under that same category. It was coded into the game that way and while its probably a bug and not intended who can say. This type of server has never been done before.

Limiting yourself to play the game in only one way is scrub mentality.

As long as its coded into the game I don't have a problem with it.

People who use cheat software is another story.
  13. Triconix Augur

Oh, sadly you edited it. It gave me quite a chuckle
  14. warriorninjamage New Member

I don't think most people know the history of the servers and the crap people pull. These are the same people that were around for the warping wars and automated harm touch on Fippy and prior. Same people that hardcore exploited pretty much every expansion. I know because I've been in TL and Citizen back in the day with majority of these people. Back when Mabbu was hugging Dima's balls every week. Sad part is, I moved on like 8 years ago and play off and on for maybe a few hours a week. They are still at it and yet they are supposedly the winners lol. Yeah uh huh.

On the scale of things, this isn't that bad but more laughable at how poorly the dev's QCed if not working as intended.
  15. Lateryn Augur

I think its more hilarious that Gheed has no plans to play on the server, says he is playing and staying on aradune. But gets so upset and makes a thread about a probable bug on a server he has no intention of playing on. Just to try and call out anyone profiting from said from the most likely bug. Talk about pathetic and sad.
  16. KrakenReality Augur

It’s a Beta server, who cares?
  17. Magician9001 Augur

Karen please. The complete removal of an endgame from a MMO is obviously a bad thing and obviously effects everyone playing on the server.
    Duder likes this.
  18. Montag Augur

I hope so, a loot bonanza server would be really neat.
  19. Triconix Augur

Exactly. I said I dont in the post. I'm simply stating... why are people so shocked? The writing was on the wall. Anyone who thought otherwise is just ignorant or playing dumb.
  20. KrakenReality Augur

That’s a pretty long rant for not caring.