You Have Been Disconnected. (Mischief/Thornblade)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jhinx, May 27, 2021.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Not sure what is going on, but I log in to play and I see it start to load to Character Select for a flash and then it goes back to Server Select and apparently I get the message about a character already in game "You already have a character logged into a world server..."

Get into game and it's all running smoothly for a couple minutes and then out of the blue I get the "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED." message on Mischief.

I do not box at all.

I use the default UI.

Was wondering if it was connected with me using Copy Layout, but I tried it on Thornblade and also crashed there as well.

What's interesting is that I crashed a couple times this morning and then played without issue across many zones on Mischief today without getting Disconnected once, which makes this even more confusing.

Just tried to move some plat over to a friend and I crashed, then came back and crashed, and each and every time it's the same try to log into Mischief, crash to Server Select, then finally in game and disconnected anew. 3 log ins, 3 crashes, with a total play time of maybe 3 minutes in Neriak only.

Help.
    ConcettaFV and WeezFv like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This could be getting caused by a bunch of different things, but the disconnect message means the game is detecting a loss of connection between you & the game server.

First thing is the old stalwart - Power cycle your router & modem (switch it all off, wait 60 seconds before switching back on) - should ideally do this once a day anyway but at worst at least once a week.

Secondly add launchpad.exe & eqgame.exe to your firewall exceptions list - especially if you use Windows Defender as that is known to frequently be problematic with EQ

Add your entire EQ directory to the exception list for your Antivirus - this prevents a lot of lagging & potential disconnects from your AV scanning all the files in there.

Next you can try a DNS flush

in Win 10 type /cmd into the search box on the taskbar
    select "run as administrator" this will open an "elevated" Command Prompt Session
    When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer (pop up), select Yes.

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
    Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
    Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.

Now Restart the computer.

If none of those work at all it is now time to visit your ISP's website, if they have a service status page check there in case they are aware of a network issue that may be affecting you or carrying out maintenance or repairs in your area.
    If there's nothing like that give them a call and tell them what you're experiencing, they can run tests on the connection to see if they can identify a problem, they may need to run a monitor on it for a day or so to observe what issues are taking place. They may also walk you through some changes you can make on the modem/router from your end to either test or solve issues,
    Jhinx and Nennius like this.
  3. ConcettaFV New Member

this is happening on Agnarr, I Zoned, and got Dced,.. now it takes me to server select and after i select server it loads up and right before i get into the world it DCs me again
  4. WeezFv Lorekeeper

Being looped from server select to DC back to sever select here, Trying to log into FV

Took over Half n Hour but it seems the issue resolved itself
  5. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Absolutely amazing response sir, thank you so much.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you are getting disconnection messages try the solution posted above.

If you are getting client crashes upon entering the world with no messages you may have a corrupt UI file.

If you can log in another character just fine (especially if to the same zone as the one that was crashing) this is a way to confirm a corrupt UI file.

To fix that close the game, locate the EQ directory & in there search for your character name

You will find several files & one will be <playername>.<servername>.UI

Rename that file by adding _OLD after the name - <playername>_OLD.<servername>.UI

reload the game & log in the character, it should now allow you to enter the world and will give your character the default UI

to recover your old UI settings you may now open the options window and click on the button marked "Copy Layout" - highlight the renamed _OLD character UI file and copy the settings from there.
    This should then restore most of your layout to being the way it was, not absolutely everything will be the same but it gets you most of the way there.